S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM   #1
chunchmeow
nyc quad addict
 
chunchmeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: center of the universe
Posts: 198
Default wewt new boots

I never got my ice skates in the mail from the dude that was supposed to mail them from my storage. So I went downtown to Chelsea Pier and got fitted for some brand new ice skates. They didn't show me the model # but they cost about $150 and are Riedell's. I got em sharpened that day and started wearing them around my place to break em in.

I know the boot is supposed to be tight in the beginning for ankle support..but damn man. I'm also spoiled though as my Quad boots are incredibly broken in and fabulously comfortable.

This weekend will be the first go at it. I'll be showing up for public sessions for the rest of the winter season and well through summer. Then will be signing up for lessons for next winter.

yay!
chunchmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM   #2
speedysktr
President of Everything
 
speedysktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,026
Default

sweeeet. My new boots are days away. It's like christmas in december or something.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:45 PM   #3
hikkergurl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Oswego,OR
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunchmeow View Post
I never got my ice skates in the mail from the dude that was supposed to mail them from my storage. So I went downtown to Chelsea Pier and got fitted for some brand new ice skates. They didn't show me the model # but they cost about $150 and are Riedell's. I got em sharpened that day and started wearing them around my place to break em in.

I know the boot is supposed to be tight in the beginning for ankle support..but damn man. I'm also spoiled though as my Quad boots are incredibly broken in and fabulously comfortable.

This weekend will be the first go at it. I'll be showing up for public sessions for the rest of the winter season and well through summer. Then will be signing up for lessons for next winter.

yay!
Congrats!

Take a box of the blister band aids (I keep them in my skate bag). I've found that helps once you can tell where blisters will forrm (after the first day of skating).

Have fun!
Liz
__________________
Live Life Eclectic
hikkergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM   #4
mvirtue
Rain Coordinator
 
mvirtue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
sweeeet. My new boots are days away. It's like christmas in december or something.
Simmons is funny...Melinda was going to call me when they were about to ship. But no, I got this surprise UPS package. They had quoted 4+ weeks and got them out in 2.

Chunchmeow -- Congrats on the new boots. Yes, they might be ice boots, but they still are boots!
__________________
- Mark
Bremerton Speed
http://www.bremertonspeed.org

Last edited by mvirtue; December 1st, 2006 at 05:39 PM.
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM   #5
chunchmeow
nyc quad addict
 
chunchmeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: center of the universe
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvirtue View Post
Chunchmeow -- Congrats on the new boots. Yes, they might be ice boots, but they still are boots!

yea i'll only be half as lame
chunchmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #6
KeLLy
Senior Member
 
KeLLy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium, Bruges
Posts: 347
Default

How's it going?

I never had blisters from my ice skates.
KeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #7
chunchmeow
nyc quad addict
 
chunchmeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: center of the universe
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLLy View Post
How's it going?

I never had blisters from my ice skates.
Its going ok although the only breaking in I've been doing is putting them on and moving about. The hot towel/socks routine actually works pretty well and if I wear them with a medium-thick sock they don't pinch as much.

I also went to check out my rink options and both major ice rinks by me look really swell. Tommorrow will be the first day of testing out the new sport. I'll post monday about the first time
chunchmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #8
chunchmeow
nyc quad addict
 
chunchmeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: center of the universe
Posts: 198
Default

holy moly. I went last night and only circled the rink 10 times before my right arch started hurting something fierce. Later when I was home I was walking around like an old lady.

The surface texture is definately harder and the tiny bumps is something to get used to. Overall it was a pretty good start but I forgot how much perseverence a n00bie needs.
chunchmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.