S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:46 PM   #1
ppipowerclass

Default so i am trying

to get my really good friend to take me to Syria with her. yeah. it borders iraq and turkey, so what?? i think to be able to go to a country like that, without the military, and brag about it, would be id be one bad mother.....lol.
ppipowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

If they shoot you, can I have your skates? :-)
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM   #3
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

If?
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM   #4
ppipowerclass

LOL. thanks for the vote of confidence. hahaha

as far as "skates" go, you wouldn't want mine. lol. my quads (as of today) are just some frames (well, they ARE pro-lines.lol) my inlines are ancient. in great shape, but ancient. so.... maybe? haha
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Just remember to take lots of Pork--Ragheads like em some pork.---
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM   #6
ppipowerclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Just remember to take lots of Pork--Ragheads like em some pork.---
LOL nice try.

an email my dad sent me 4 years ago (yes, i still have it)

Subject: General Pershing General "Black Jack" Pershing was born September 13th, 1860 nearLaclede, MS.He died July 15th, 1948 in Washington, D.C. Highlights of his lifeinclude: 1891 Professor of Military Science and Tactics University of Nebraska 1898 Serves in the Spanish-American War 1901 Awarded rank of Captain 1906 Promoted to rank of Brigadier General 1909 Military Governor of Moro Province, Philippines 1916 Made Major General 1919 Promoted to General of the Armies 1921 Appointed Chief of Staff 1924 Retires from active duty Education West Point. Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on theUnited States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So GeneralPershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the,now horrified, terrorists. Muslims detest pork because they believe pigsare filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while otherswon't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them,eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantlybarred from paradise and doomed to ETERNAL DEATH. The soldiers thensoaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of theterrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped inthe terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. Theylet the 50th man go. And for the nextforty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywherein the world.Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe inIraq? The question is, where do we find another Black Jack Pershing?

you were saying?lol
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:59 PM   #7
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppipowerclass View Post
to get my really good friend to take me to Syria with her. yeah. it borders iraq and turkey, so what?? i think to be able to go to a country like that, without the military, and brag about it, would be id be one bad mother.....lol.
Quote:
Subject: General Pershing General "Black Jack" Pershing was born September 13th, 1860 nearLaclede, MS.He died July 15th, 1948 in Washington, D.C. Highlights of his lifeinclude: 1891 Professor of Military Science and Tactics University of Nebraska 1898 Serves in the Spanish-American War 1901 Awarded rank of Captain 1906 Promoted to rank of Brigadier General 1909 Military Governor of Moro Province, Philippines 1916 Made Major General 1919 Promoted to General of the Armies 1921 Appointed Chief of Staff 1924 Retires from active duty Education West Point. Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on theUnited States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So GeneralPershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the,now horrified, terrorists. Muslims detest pork because they believe pigsare filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while otherswon't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them,eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantlybarred from paradise and doomed to ETERNAL DEATH. The soldiers thensoaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of theterrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped inthe terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. Theylet the 50th man go. And for the nextforty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywherein the world.Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe inIraq? The question is, where do we find another Black Jack Pershing?
you were saying?lol
You be sure and bring this up story up when you get there, mmkay?
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:17 PM   #8
BleeckerSt_Girl

Another urban legend email circulating since 2001.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...k_pershing.htm

I think you should go to Syria right away! They will be so afraid of you there, and you can straighten them all out!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM   #9
Larry_PA
When life was simple

I will watch CNN to look for you.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM   #10
ppipowerclass

haha. i honestly want to go for the experience. i won't be the only one going, and the girl i am going with is from there... of course, she doesn't want me to go.. i think she has an arranged marrige waiting for her there. LOL
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Tremor
I tastes like chicken!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
Another urban legend email circulating since 2001.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...k_pershing.htm
Sure is a nice idea though...

Hey, PP, if they recover your head can I put it on a stick?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM   #12
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
haha. i honestly want to go for the experience. i won't be the only one going, and the girl i am going with is from there... of course, she doesn't want me to go.. i think she has an arranged marrige waiting for her there. LOL
hahahah or a "Pig Roast" better stay home and go shoppin.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #13
ppipowerclass

LOL. you guys are funny. I guess it would bother me alot more if i were going there by myself, but i just found out (this morning actually) if i DID go, i would be with about 7 or 8 people i know really well, that are all from there originally! :-)

have any of you guys been anywhere.. "off the beaten" path?lol
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM   #14
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

I've been some weird places in Mexico. It's cool to venture out. Be safe.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:15 PM   #15
Optimisto
Get back at my bad back

Yes, I have been there. Although there are some really beautiful places in the middle east, most of the places I "toured" just sucked ass. Most of the Muslims in the world are also good people, but they don't have quite the effective Public Relations machine that the "extremists" do. Sadly, our media machine rarely highlights the good people in the world, so we are certain that the country of Syria is entirely populated by terrorists (which it is. j/k. It can't be more than 87% extremists.)

Political discussions aside, deserts are made for postcards and National Geographic films. Anyone who WANTS to live there, in my oh so humble opinion, really needs to turn the page in the real estate catalog.

And I feel the same way about most of Arizona (sorry, friends )

But in the same sense of adventure that took me there in the first place, I can understand why you would want to go. Just make sure that your affairs are in order before you leave. Have yourself measured for a casket, both with and without your head attached. Make sure it is also attractive with the lid closed. Have someone designated to receive the hostage video.

Oh, and try to schedule your trip outside of Ramadan. Fasting for thirty days really blows if you have lived your life in the comparative luxury of the Fast Food World.

Enough of the rant. Take some good pictures and come back safe. Your cheapo skates should work fine in the sand. ABEC-1 bearings actually work BETTER with sand to lubricate them. Since I have now been disqualified as a Goodwill Ambassador, it is up to you to fill the post.

-insert favorite inspirational quote here-
Optimisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM   #16
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_PA View Post
I will watch CNN to look for you.
Commie News Network would not air it, sorry.
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM   #17
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
I've been some weird places in Mexico. It's cool to venture out. Be safe.
Syria and Mexico are the same then in Your eyes??
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
Syria and Mexico are the same then in Your eyes??
Not even close, sir.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM   #19
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
Not even close, sir.
Cool
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #20
Spartan
.45 Magnum

Depends on what you mean by "off the beaten path". I went to Athens, Greece (ON the beaten path) and worked with refugees at a refugee center (OFF the beaten path). It was a Christian Center that fed, clothed, bathed and taught english to refugees from all over the middle east, eastern europe and even, the weeks I was there, Poland. It was amazing. Most of them were Muslim, but quite a few were Muslim converts to Christianity. Now there are some stories!
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote