S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old May 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #21
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
I am on several forums that have discussions on all types of subjects. The ones that work over time, are the ones that allow folks to speak their minds, yet do it in an mature manner. The ones where everybody just sits and waits to snipe at people, because they disagree with what they say---end up no fun, and there is little if any useful information exchanged. Being fun and spirited is one thing. But to call a person out, and call them insulting names, or tell them they should leave the forum, because one does not agree with what ever statement may have been made, if juvenile at best, and rude at worse.
Alright, hotrod, what useful information have you exchanged? How has your participation in the vegetarian thread been a useful exchange of information? You clearly want to do whatever you want and get away with it, without being called on it, but whether Kathie Fry says it or not, the participants on this board will surely say it. I'm not the first, believe me, but I am chiming in now. If you think there's something wrong with this board, then amscray, no one is holding a gun to your head. If you like it and want to participate, then get with the program. If you feel your civil rights are being violated, get a lawyer.

This board has worked over time, wonderfully. It crashed awhile back and came back bigger and better so keep your boo hoos to yourself. Who called you out, huh? Who called you an insulting name? Try the quote function and show us all how poor lil INNOCENT skateguy got called out. Your pretty good at making statements, but not so much on the follow up. I've asked you a handful of questions and not a single reply.

You tipped the scales when you started raising hell in the vegetarian thread and then had the gall to start your own pity party thread about your freedom of speech. Well, you brought down the thunder, Texas, now you got it.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #22
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Alright, hotrod, what useful information have you exchanged? How has your participation in the vegetarian thread been a useful exchange of information? You clearly want to do whatever you want and get away with it, without being called on it, but whether Kathie Fry says it or not, the participants on this board will surely say it. I'm not the first, believe me, but I am chiming in now. If you think there's something wrong with this board, then amscray, no one is holding a gun to your head. If you like it and want to participate, then get with the program. If you feel your civil rights are being violated, get a lawyer.

This board has worked over time, wonderfully. It crashed awhile back and came back bigger and better so keep your boo hoos to yourself. Who called you out, huh? Who called you an insulting name? Try the quote function and show us all how poor lil INNOCENT skateguy got called out. Your pretty good at making statements, but not so much on the follow up. I've asked you a handful of questions and not a single reply.

You tipped the scales when you started raising hell in the vegetarian thread and then had the gall to start your own pity party thread about your freedom of speech. Well, you brought down the thunder, Texas, now you got it.
Tell ya what Hoss, when we meet, you can expess your displeasure with me face to face till them get off my case.
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #23
Tremor
I tastes like chicken!

Quote:
Tell ya what Hoss, when we meet, you can expess your displeasure with me face to face till them get off my case.
I'm curious... was that a physical threat?
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #24
Drella
alive with pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor View Post

Nahhhh,, just the drunk ramblings of yet another idiot who hasn't figured out that speedy runs the place....
Drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #25
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor View Post
I don't make threats, or try to intimidate, nor have I ever. But if Anyone wants to insult me from the safety of their little puter screen, then I think they should also be man enough to express those thoughts to my face. and that goes for anybody. "Big ones line up, and little ones bunch up" --I came on this sight, and introduced myself. I was polite and courtous, as any new person should be. I didn't get upset when people decided to "correct" me. I just posted my views, and moved on. But if it is perceived that my kindness is some how related to weakness, you have another thing coming. I posted My name, location and my Phone number. I am at your pleasure. Trust me, in the real world People talk crap to my face only once. If anybody feels froggy, just jump.--Now have a nice day.

Last edited by Skateguy; May 26th, 2008 at 09:41 PM.
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #26
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

sometimes i think that 80% of the trouble on the board comes from the weird stuff that goes on in the OT forums. the rest of the time i think it's higher than 80%. i used to peek down here for fun every now and then, but the fun is mostly gone.

i think i'm going to skate tomorrow morning. i hope i have some gas in the tank. it's soooooo hot here the last couple of days.
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM   #27
Drella
alive with pleasure

Quote:
--I came on this sight.

You see skateguy, now there's your problem. You treat this forum as if it's your very own bukoki film.......
Drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #28
BleeckerSt_Girl

Quote:
I am at your pleaure. ...If anybody feels froggy, just jump.

eeeeewwwwww!!!
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #29
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drella View Post
You see skateguy, now there's your problem. You treat this forum as if it's your very own bukoki film.......
Sir I have no problem---and I don't get nervous. I live my life as I please and have the same friends I had 40 years ago. I treat my Fellows with courtesy and respect, if they deserve it. If they don't then a take em as they come. I been at this game for a long time, and still speak my mind in a Civilized way, with out having to rag on People I may not agree with. To me it is about Skating, and Skate issues, with my on taste in Humor thrown in for free. I don't really care what some people may think about it. I know my intentions, and have no plans on trying to please everybody. As I have said, we Host Our "Skate Joust" here in November, just to clear the air and get a fresh start on the new year. We use to have them twice a year, but the Kids have calmed down some as they mature. So now once a Year is enough. Be well. Live long and prosper. That said I like a good tumble from time to time just like the next guy. I follow no King, and bow down to no Man. ---I hate to see guys go home disappointed, when they got troubled minds.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #30
Malkovsky

Quote:
I laugh at you silly Americans,, always thinking someone cares what you have to say.
Ha, I was just gonna write that are you my long lost brother?

I was born in Europe during the commie era. Sure we couldn't read certain books and listen to certain music and say certain things how ever we all had jobs, health care and free education. After we kicked the Russians out we adopted democracy now we can read what ever we want, listen to what ever we want, say what ever we want but guess what the education is expensive, health care blows (still better than the one in USA) and lots of people are job less (thats changing thanks to EU).

There are time you can speak your mind and there are times you just need to shut the hell up.
Malkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #31
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkovsky View Post
Ha, I was just gonna write that are you my long lost brother?

I was born in Europe during the commie era. Sure we couldn't read certain books and listen to certain music and say certain things how ever we all had jobs, health care and free education. After we kicked the Russians out we adopted democracy now we can read what ever we want, listen to what ever we want, say what ever we want but guess what the education is expensive, health care blows (still better than the one in USA) and lots of people are job less (thats changing thanks to EU).

There are time you can speak your mind and there are times you just need to shut the hell up.
What you say makes good sense.---the question is who makes that decision Is it by free choice, or is it forced on you. I for one will fight at the drop of a Hat to defend "Free speech" With out it, we are serfs. It is not necessary for folks to agree, but as a Free People we will never give up the right to speak what is on our Minds, and let the chips fall where they may. ---good luck to you, and be well.
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #32
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Man, I had me an opinion just a while ago----but I done plumb forgo it.

Last edited by Skateguy; June 7th, 2008 at 08:21 PM.
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #33
Belegnole
<--- NIGH-INVULNERABLE!

interesting
Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy.
Belegnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #34
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
Don't feel bad, I treat the whole World that way.---Cause it is.