S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old October 11th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #81
Vanilla

Cool

- What is your interest in artistic skating? Are you a skater, former skater, potential skater, parent of a skater, competition judge, federation member, rink owner, skate manufacturer, member of the media, or just a big fan of the sport?
- My interest is to learn more and more and maybe make shows, skating in a group. I'm a skater and a big big friend of the sport!

- What country, state or province, and neightborhood are you from?
- I'm from Brazil!

- Where do you usually skate?
- I'm skating at a club here in my country, but I'm going to VA, USA and I'm looking for a place to take classes at Fredericksburg.

- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in? If you don't compete, do you have any interest in doing so?
- For fun, always!

- What skates, frames, and wheels do you skate on?
- I'm using a Boiani, and I'm looking for some informations about good quality skates, 'cause I wanna buy a better one! Roll Line, Edea and Riedell sounds good to me.

- What else can you tell us about youself? What are your favorite hobbies and recreational activities outside of skating?
- I don't like to talk about myself...
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #82
QuetzalPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
- I'm using a Boiani, and I'm looking for some informations about good quality skates, 'cause I wanna buy a better one! Roll Line, Edea and Riedell sounds good to me.
=O !!! Boiani plates are AWESOME! Well, I loved them anyway, when I had my old Belati skates. They felt really sturdy and secure, I loved them. Only downside to them is they're heavy so not as good if you want more height on your jumps.

I'm using a lighter frame now, Roll-Line Mistral, which I find good ... but not as good as Boiani for some reason. I think it's just personal preference
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #83
Demolishun
Aggro Member

Quote:
- What is your interest in artistic skating? Are you a skater, former skater, potential skater, parent of a skater, competition judge, federation member, rink owner, skate manufacturer, member of the media, or just a big fan of the sport?
First and foremost I am a skater. Not of artistic, but I do like to try out the artistic moves at the rink.

Quote:
USA, Idaho

Quote:
Skate park when the weather is good (aggro). Roller rink every Saturday with the family (fitness).

Quote:
- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in? If you don't compete, do you have any interest in doing so?
I skate for exercise and fun. I would have an interest, but I do not have the mind set to get good enough.

Quote:
EVO ALU 08, Wheels are currently setup for 70-72-72-70. Turns/spins are easier with the wheels setup that way.

Quote:
- What else can you tell us about yourself? What are your favorite hobbies and recreational activities outside of skating?
I am really into CNC controlled machines. As I have indicated in other forums here I am working toward building a machine to cut out frames, adapters, etc for my skating needs and wants. If I determine they are good enough (safe enough) I may sell them as well.
Demolishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #84
ILskater

[- Where do you usually skate?
- I'm skating at a club here in my country, but I'm going to VA, USA and I'm looking for a place to take classes at Fredericksburg.

- Great what is bringing you to Fredericksburg VA? There are some great rinks there. One is in Stafford and another in Ashland VA.
ILskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #85
Vanilla

I'll stay for a few months, to get better on the language...

And to know the country, of course!

I pretend to know another states also, just staying a little more at VA!
=]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILskater View Post
[- Where do you usually skate?

- Great what is bringing you to Fredericksburg VA? There are some great rinks there. One is in Stafford and another in Ashland VA.
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #86
Can't skate at all

Hi all,

As my username suggests, I don't skate myself, but I do drive, and my daughter doesn't. Therefore, I spend an inordinate amount of time driving to and from the rink, and waiting during training, lesson, or competition time.

I've been lurking here for many months, and feel like I know you all. Great to belong.

Nice to meet you
Can't skate at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:25 AM   #87
chellebird

What is your interest in artistic skating? Are you a skater, former skater, potential skater, parent of a skater, competition judge, federation member, rink owner, skate manufacturer, member of the media, or just a big fan of the sport?
- I am a former skater, started in 1975 stopped in 1988. Then started up again in the mid 90's and ended in 2000 (skating Precission in Australia and Mass. world meet).
I have been judging since the late 90's, took a little break having kids, and should be back at Nationals this year.

- I live in Southern California, USA, near Disneyland

- Since my mom coaches in Fountain Valley, that is where I usually take my boys to skate. When I did skate, it was from many clubs: Downey, Orange, Buena Park, and Fountain Valley

- Haven't had my skates on in a while, since I was coaching precission in 2004. I competed in everything: Freestyle, Pairs, Figures, Free Dance, Team Dance, and Precission.

- Who knows anymore!

I have lurked on this forum for quite awhile, just never posted. I haven't been around skating much the last year and a half due to the birth of my second son, but I am looking forward to getting back to judging again.

I know someone mentioned skating in Buena Park (which is the city I currently live in) and skating Elementary Dance in 1985. I skated that event in 85 with Marc McGill. Who was your partner? We won the region that year, but did not do so well at Nationals.

Looking forward to chatting!

Michelle (Baerg) Muckey
chellebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:27 AM   #88
chellebird

I forgot to mention my other hobbies, etc...
I am currently an elementary school teacher and I love to read and play games on the computer. Although not a lot of time for that with work and two boys (3 1/2 and 1 1/2). That keeps me pretty busy!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM   #89
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebird View Post
I forgot to mention my other hobbies, etc...
I am currently an elementary school teacher and I love to read and play games on the computer. Although not a lot of time for that with work and two boys (3 1/2 and 1 1/2). That keeps me pretty busy!

hi welcome to the boards,,,,,,were you related to chris baerg from florida who did mens singles in the 90s and early 2000s??? i must have seen you skate in the 90s to 2000 for sure,,,,what divisions did you skate then in singles?
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM   #90
chellebird

No, I am related to Chris Baerg, the coach.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:13 PM   #91
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebird View Post
No, I am related to Chris Baerg, the coach.

oh cool i know her, she coaches Derek Leonard, i just had an email from her and sent her another back. shes calcoach on aol.
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #92
Mom2Skaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
oh cool i know her, she coaches Derek Leonard, i just had an email from her and sent her another back. shes calcoach on aol.
Do you guys chat on some messageboard on AOL? I have wondered if there are skating boards there also.
Artistic Skate Videos
[URL]www.youtube.com/ArtisticRollerSkatin[/URL]
Mom2Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #93
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Skaters View Post
Do you guys chat on some messageboard on AOL? I have wondered if there are skating boards there also.

hi we chat with email, aims and message board on aol but the roller skating message board on aol is dead. i posted there the other day and have had no replys.
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #94
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Here's a picture of artistic coach Chris Baerg (on the left) with Derek Leonard and Italian artistic coach Sara Locandro at a workshop Sara conducted in March of 2005. The workshop took place at world champion Natalie Dunn Fries' Skateland Roller Skating Rink in Bakersfield, California.

Just FYI (for those who might not know) Sara is the director of Italy's National Artistic Roller Skating Academy and Natalie Dunn was the first United States women in history to win a gold medal at the artistic roller skating world championships.

More photos from the 2005 Sara Locandro Workshop.

- Kathie

Last edited by Kathie Fry; November 10th, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #95
Mom2Skaters

Quote:
hi we chat with email, aims and message board on aol but the roller skating message board on aol is dead. i posted there the other day and have had no replys.

Oh, I didn't even know there was a rollerskating message board on AOL. I'll have to see if I can find it.
Artistic Skate Videos
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #96
rwsz

Quote:
Oh, I didn't even know there was a rollerskating message board on AOL. I'll have to see if I can find it.

heres the link but its a dead board

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...e%20Connection
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #97
rach_sk8

Hi all, thought it was time I introduced myself properly...!

What is your interest in artistic skating?
I'm a skater, coach and trainee judge....

- I'm from New Zealand!

My home rink here in Auckland is Mt Wellington RSC (Skateland rink). Far as I know we're the only rink in the world who has cows grazing at the window during training times! (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in?
Always skate for the love and fun of it, but naturally competitive as well! Just skated my first Worlds in Senior Dance... had the time of my life. have been dance pairs skating for 3.5 yrs, prior to that I was a solo dance and figure skater. Next year, who knows! ;-)

Edea boots, rollline frames and wheels... can't remember which kind sorry!

- What else can you tell us about youself? What are your favorite hobbies and recreational activities outside of skating?
I love to dance, (ballroom/latin), keep fit, go to BodyBalance class, play a bit of badminton, spend any 'spare' time with my partner, friends, and family, and my cats. :-)
rach_sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #98
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach_sk8 View Post
Hi all, thought it was time I introduced myself properly...!

What is your interest in artistic skating?
I'm a skater, coach and trainee judge....

- I'm from New Zealand!

My home rink here in Auckland is Mt Wellington RSC (Skateland rink). Far as I know we're the only rink in the world who has cows grazing at the window during training times! (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

- Do you only skate for fun or do compete? If you compete, what events have you participated in?
Always skate for the love and fun of it, but naturally competitive as well! Just skated my first Worlds in Senior Dance... had the time of my life. have been dance pairs skating for 3.5 yrs, prior to that I was a solo dance and figure skater. Next year, who knows! ;-)

Edea boots, rollline frames and wheels... can't remember which kind sorry!

I love to dance, (ballroom/latin), keep fit, go to BodyBalance class, play a bit of badminton, spend any 'spare' time with my partner, friends, and family, and my cats. :-)

all of that is good, sounds great and loads of fun,,,enjoy.
Old November 16th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #99
Mom2Skaters

Quote:
heres the link but its a dead board

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...e%20Connection

lol I went searching that day and found it. I could have saved time by coming back here to see if you left a link. Thanks.
Artistic Skate Videos
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #100
rwsz

Quote:
lol I went searching that day and found it. I could have saved time by coming back here to see if you left a link. Thanks.

your welcome,,,always check the boards first for an answer, you usually get them quicker.