S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old September 3rd, 2014, 10:51 PM   #1
June Killjoy

Default Bont Vaypor Carbon

Has anyone skated in the Bont Vaypor Carbon? If so, please post with reviews.

http://www.bont.com/quad/products/va...bon/index.html

I've been skating in a pair of ill fitting Hybrid Carbons for over a year . . . even though I used their online sizing tool and got semi customs to allow for two different sizes . I'm trying to decide if I should just attempt to order a better fit in Hybrid Carbons or try something new.

The Vaypor Carbon look really interesting, but I can't seem to find any reviews online.
June Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 06:57 AM   #2
Entropy
Disorderly member

You've two separate issues here: first, finding your proper Bont sizing; and secondly, deciding whether or not the Hybrid Carbon or the Vaypor Carbons are best suited to your needs.

It's going to be hard for you to compare the two boot styles until you know what a properly-fitting Hybrid Carbon feels like. If you can't buy them in person then perhaps work out the size you think is right for you, then buy the boots only from an online store so that you can return them if they don't fit. Once you're sure you have the right boot size you can buy plates and get them assembled! I spoke to numerous skate stores about this when buying my Blue Streaks and they were all for it.

I know it costs money to buy boots for the purpose of trying them on and returning / exchanging if they don't fit, but having been there / done that, it's a better option than guessing your size, having them built, then having to sell them and look for something new again!
Old September 7th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #3
Live2sk888
Skate Whisperer

I haven't skated in the Vaypor, but I have tried them on, and I've owned and skated in multiple pairs of Hybrids and Quad Racers. The Vaypor didn't feel drastically different to me than the Hybrid, but I didn't like it as much because it just felt a little more stiff and less form-fitting than the other Bonts. Perhaps that would change as it broke in, but I am not used to my Bonts taking any break in time really! As for my favorite, I love my Quad Racer Carbons the most. Nothing else forms to your foot quite like the thinner leather on the quad racers, they really do fit like gloves!! (I don't care for the placement of the velcro strap on the Hybrids, so I add my own external ones to the quad racers.)
Live2sk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #4
June Killjoy

Thankfully, I do have the luxury of having a Bruised Boutique in my city now (they weren't here at the time of my first Bont order), so I will be able to try on different sizes of Hybrid Carbons now. They don't have Vaypor Carbons in store . . . but perhaps they could order some to try on. I'll go see.

I also have an issue with where the speed strap is on Hybrid Carbons; my foot has a higher arch and the strap hits right over a bone/bump on the top of my foot. That's one of the things that interests me the most with the Vaypor Carbons is the different straps. It looks as though they may disperse the pressure better over the top of my foot.

Does anyone else have personal experience with the Vaypor Carbons?
June Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #5
Darkjester
On a hot summer night..

With the semi-custom option, you can have them remove and/or change the strap :-)
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #6
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default We do.

Mine are a pre production model..no laces.

My wife's.

Mine are fine and fit my feet well. My wife is not happy with hers, even though they were made to the same tracings a as her quad Racers. She too prefers her quad racers.

That said, I have built sk8s on Vaypors for a couple of derby sk8s that love them. Just another case of YMMV.
Old September 26th, 2014, 04:46 AM   #7
CHSC FLOOR GUARD
"East of the MISSISSIPPI"

Default Im skating them...

Doc Sk8 built me a set of VAYPORS with mag avengers. Its an interesting boot for sure. Going from RIEDELL AND OBERHAMER boots to a BONT is a change in itself but a Vaypor is a whole different animal. I shuffle skate...the Vaypor is a little stiff for my liking however the inside is pretty comfy considering the stiff construction. What I do find interesting...I feel like my feet are really protected near my toes. If you got into a bad pile up....I wouldn't the VAYPOR striking my body anywhere lol...I also love the bumper on the front and I think every BONT should have it on there. It will save many toe scuffs/ Im looking to get a quad racer next.