S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Oicusk82huh

Default Rhythm skaters

Are there any rhythm skaters on this forum? If yes, may I please pick your brains.

What is your favorite plate?

What is your favorite wheel?

What is your favorite boot?

Do you have a figure skating back ground?

What is your skating background (if applicable)?
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Dekindy

Best I can tell rhythm, jam, etc. definitions are not hard and fast and also vary by region of the country. I believe to get meaningful opinions you will have to be more specific regarding the type of skating moves you want to do.

I have been trying to learn "rhythm" skating. My instructor is 31 years old and has been skating for 15 years. She purchased the Riedell OG Roller Skate Set

https://www.roller.riedellskates.com...ets/Set-172-OG

She put them on and skated with no adjustment; exactly as they came from the factory and knows nothing about adjusting trucks or different cushion options. I examined them and the trucks are tightened down so tight that she is getting no action from the cushions at all and is not interested in learning or changing anything. She also laces them up no further than the picture shows and lets the tongue hang over which is the style of all skaters in her social circle. She skates a lot and travels to different parts of the country.

She has no trouble doing any roller skating move she desires.
Dekindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:14 PM   #3
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Been skating since I was 9. I'm 52 now. I prefer the term shuffle skating for what I do. My type of skating is usually on the outside perimeter of the skate floor, but I have been known to throw down some jam moves in the center (usually not that well).

I run a semi-custom (MyBonts custom colors and wide width) Bont Carbon Hybrid boot w/ Snyder Advantage plates, mounted by Doc SK8. The current wheels are a set of Corey Super Enforcers, 97A. I like the setup for shuffling, but the steep degree kingpins are not great for speed skating. They're great for shuffling and jam skating though.

On occasion, I also use a pair of Reidell 911 boots w/ Roll-Line Mistral plates. I prefer the Bont boots. They're really comfortable. The Reidells are over a dozen ears old and still give me blisters if I skate for long periods of time. Mostly due to the cardboard that runs through the outside of the heel. The blisters usually come in the inside of my foot. It has been an issue with every pair of Reidell boots that I have owned (595, 695, 911).

The plates have a similar kingpin angle, so the same holds true for these as well.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote