S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #41
NaNaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekrjill View Post
Well, if you were ever at Douglassville during that time, we were definitely in the same building together.

I just noticed your skating definition. Ain't that the truth!! To this day, my housework gets done faster when I put in an organ tape.
you bet !
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM   #42
retread

Thrilled??? You Bet! Hi Jill, I ran a session in Baltimore from the mid 70's to early 80s. For me, your Dad lived on the 7' reel to reels I played. In the last year I rediscovered skating after 26+ years, loving the music of Marty, Ralph and Corey and last week finally got to meet and skate live to your father, along with Nick Viscouso, another great. You did check out the Youtube link didn't you? I'm still high. Welcome aboard Jill!

Bob

Extravaganza pictures to follow!
retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM   #43
retread

Default Nick Viscuso

Here's a picture of Nick at Skate Reflections in Kissimee Florida. You guys down there are lucky to have him!

He sent this along with the picture:
I play at Skate Reflections since 1999 for Adult Skate on Wednesdays. Played at Caln Roller Rink on Thursday night adult night for 25 years for shuffle session. Also at Fountainblu Arena in Harrisburg for 17 years. Was at many organ jamborees, late skates, etc. Even went to Ohio, San Diego, and numerous other states to make guest rink appearances. I have 70 CD/Cassette titles for sale.
NViscuso@aol.com

I'll be contacting Kathie (God Bless her!) to update the organists pages as soon as I get info from some of the others.

Bob

Last edited by retread; February 26th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM   #44
Sk8OrganNUT

Default Pictures of the Past

Hi everyone,

Thought I should shed some light on the pictures. The top picture of Ralph, Marty and Bill is at, believe it or not, Rollermotion (aka The 100 Roller Rink). I was only a snot nosed kid at the time, but remember this session very well. It was a Sunday evening special Jamboree in the mid 80s. The next picture was at Holiday. I have played for Ralph in this room many times. In fact, I think the same speaker cabinet (back right corner) is STILL used as our monitor. (grin) And finally, the last picture is also at 100 during the same Sunday night Jamboree session as the first. Those pictures were taken before the organ was moved to it's new location and the closet behind the organ was enlarged.

Corey.
Sk8OrganNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:40 AM   #45
trekrjill

Hi Bob! Just thought you'd like to know that my dad was glad to meet you too. I told him about this forum and that there was someone who said he went to the extravaganza. As soon as I said "Bob from MD" he remembered meeting you right away. He really appreciates his fans.

He doesn't have a computer so I had to explain the "forum". But you guys/gals really gave him a swelled head. He says he'll have to go buy a bigger hat. LOL

Ahhhh, yes, I know Nick too. Visited Caln a few times back in the day to skate to him. I always enjoyed visiting other rinks and organists even when dad had his and still played.

Oh, and Corey... I assume you're THE Corey? I don't think we crossed paths (unless it was you as a skater) but I have recently discovered who you are. I really enjoyed listening to you on the youtube snippets. If I were still in the area and skating, I'd definitely be seeing you at the Big 100.

You recognize rinks better than I do! Those pics were just a few that somehow I ended up with. I have very unorganized boxes of pictures and can probably come up with some real oldies if I ever sorted through them.
trekrjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #46
retread

Here ya go Jill.....helping to swell your Dad's head

Bill Clark and a thank you award for a lifetime of making people happy.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #47
Sk8OrganNUT

Default Yes, you've got the right one!

Hi Jill!

I'm not sure if we've ever crossed paths. But, I'm sure we have, especially if we've both attended Jamborees when your dad was playing with Ralph and Marty. Doesn't seem like that long ago, does it? Where are you living now? And yes, if you ever get back into the area, you'll have to look me up! It would be great to see you and catch up on some old stories. Although, I sure you have many more than I do! <grin> And, I'd love to see some more of the older pictures. They bring back great memories. When Ralph and Marty did the Labor Day skate at Pheasantland last year, there were some photo albums put out with all kinds of older photos of them and Bill and many others. Many of the rinks I did recognize, but some I did not. It's really funny, when you look at the archaic equipment which was used back then compared to what we have now! And think about it, the B3 is still at the center of it all!!! I'm sure your dad misses that one.

Bob, that's a great picture. One for the books!

T'ill next time!

Corey
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #48
cindysk8s
Rollin' in AZ

Hi Jill - Welcome!

I heard my name mentioned - I'm Cindysk8s - AKA Cindy Landis - my maiden name was Hagge - you'd know my parents as Barry and Dee Hagge. Spent alot of time in rinks over the years and rented our dad's house at LBI for alot of years! Those were the days. My dad talked to you Dad a few months ago - he checks in with him every few months.

Welcome aboard and please tell Dad I said Hi!

Cindy
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #49
trekrjill

Great picture Bob!

Hi Corey! Don't be surprised if one night I introduce myself! I'm about 4 hours northwest of A-town but do get down for visits. I have a sis in Palmerton and a sis & Mom in Pottstown. So, you're an easy target from both locations.

Cindy!!!!! I do indeed remember your mom and dad. And you a little but... you were a little squirt. LOL I think I am a little closer to your parents generation. Oh, and yes, I do remember you being at LBI. Tell your folks I said hi too. In fact, for some reason a picture just flashed in my memory. Somewhere in my stash I think I have a picture of your mom skating with my brother. I think either Pike or Pheasantland going by how old I remember him being. Probably a 45 year old picture. EEEK!
trekrjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #50
Sk8OrganNUT

Default Anytime!

Jill,

Stop in anytime! I'm at 100 (Rollermotion) on Thursday nights between 7:30 and 10:00. Would be great to meet you. Although, I sure we met some time ago.

Corey
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #51
cindysk8s
Rollin' in AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekrjill View Post

Cindy!!!!! I do indeed remember your mom and dad. And you a little but... you were a little squirt. LOL I think I am a little closer to your parents generation. Oh, and yes, I do remember you being at LBI. Tell your folks I said hi too. In fact, for some reason a picture just flashed in my memory. Somewhere in my stash I think I have a picture of your mom skating with my brother. I think either Pike or Pheasantland going by how old I remember him being. Probably a 45 year old picture. EEEK!

Well, I'm not little anymore. My daughters are 10 and 7 and my 10yr old is my artistic skater. Check out my avatar - she's in 2nd place!

Great hearing from you~
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #52
Art G

When I was a kid, they used the organ music as a punishment for everybody going too fast during the all-skate.
You would see kids all covering their ears with their hands and making sour faces. lol
My Mother loved it. She said that they used to play that music the whole time at the rink when she was a teen back in the fifties.
:-)
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #53
retread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art G View Post
When I was a kid, they used the organ music as a punishment for everybody going too fast during the all-skate.
You would see kids all covering their ears with their hands and making sour faces. lol
My Mother loved it. She said that they used to play that music the whole time at the rink when she was a teen back in the fifties.
:-)

I certainly hope you don't feel that way. A good organist doing interpretations of popular music is some of the best skating music there is. The very best in my opinion. The rythm and tempo is always right.

Bob
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #54
TerryL
Skater

Default Bill Fellows

Bill Fellows suffered a heart attack Saturday night and is in the hospital. I don't have much on details, but was told he's doing well and they expect him to be released either today or tomorrow. For those that don't know him, he was the organist at Odenton for the President's Day meet. He usually judges and plays the organ at our regional contests as well as many other contests on the East Coast. Anyone who would like to send cards, ecards, etc... can contact me for information...
TerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #55
retread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryL View Post
Bill Fellows suffered a heart attack Saturday night and is in the hospital. I don't have much on details, but was told he's doing well and they expect him to be released either today or tomorrow. For those that don't know him, he was the organist at Odenton for the President's Day meet. He usually judges and plays the organ at our regional contests as well as many other contests on the East Coast. Anyone who would like to send cards, ecards, etc... can contact me for information...

Thank you Terry. I e mailed the organists I know, Marty,Ralph,Corey and Nick with a link to your thread on the artistic forum. Prayers are sent from here. Our organists are all precious to us.

Bob
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #56
TerryL
Skater

Default Update on Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
Thank you Terry. I e mailed the organists I know, Marty,Ralph,Corey and Nick with a link to your thread on the artistic forum. Prayers are sent from here. Our organists are all precious to us.

Bob
Bill is at home resting. I was relieved when I got an email from him. He says he's on "house arrest" for the next couple of weeks. ;-)
TerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #57
old fart roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
Ragina....you and Kenny have simply got to go next year. What a blast! Nick Viscoso and Bill Clark are just amazing gentlemen. I can't remember the other names just now and have to scoot to work, I can sum it up....WOW!!!

Bob

Hey Bob,
I'll ditto what you had to say. What a great time we all had in Kissimmee and what a great group of people and host and hostess. I'm ready for next year and I'm going to be better prepared to skate more of the dances.

See ya in May or JUne at Sportsman's.

Worth

Last edited by old fart roller; February 27th, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
old fart roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #58
NaNaDo

hello Old Fart Roller !!!

How nice you got to meet Bob and Tami in Florida... They sure do have a good time skating. Keep us posted for you trip to Sportsman's .... we will make sure to be there too !!!

regina
www.reginam.com
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #59
old fart roller

QUOTE=old fart roller;259880]Hey Bob,
I'll ditto what you had to say. What a great time we all had in Kissimmee and what a great group of people and host and hostess. I'm ready for next year and I'm going to be better prepared to skate more of the dances.

See ya in May or JUne at Sportsman's.
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #60
old fart roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNaDo View Post
hello Old Fart Roller !!!

How nice you got to meet Bob and Tami in Florida... They sure do have a good time skating. Keep us posted for you trip to Sportsman's .... we will make sure to be there too !!!

regina
www.reginam.com
Hey Regina,
What a great time we all had at Skate Reflections in Kissimmee earlier this month.

The picture of us was taken at the end of the last session of the extravaganza. You really need to try to make the party next year.

Worth