S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name


Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #1
doppioritt
Senior Member
 
doppioritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 101
Default hudora figure plate: anyone tested hudora?

Hi,
the topic is in the title, has anyone ever tested the hudora plates?

Paolo

Last edited by doppioritt; March 8th, 2008 at 12:16 PM.
doppioritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppioritt View Post
Hi,
the topic is in the title, has anyone ever tested the hudora plates?

Paolo

now thats a plate you dont hear a lot about, i havent heard it mentioned in years and never seen one. isnt it a very old plate that isnt made anymore or is it a new plate not here in the usa?? i think its an old one like the paioli if i am correct.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #3
doppioritt
Senior Member
 
doppioritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
now thats a plate you dont hear a lot about, i havent heard it mentioned in years and never seen one. isnt it a very old plate that isnt made anymore or is it a new plate not here in the usa?? i think its an old one like the paioli if i am correct.

correct, is an old plate, very well known in the '80 and '90. Very special for figures (at that time).
But I see that no one (except you, Rick..) remember that plate. My interest were to understand the great (or small) difference vs modern figure plates.
doppioritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #4
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater
 
pastskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
now thats a plate you dont hear a lot about, i havent heard it mentioned in years and never seen one. isnt it a very old plate that isnt made anymore or is it a new plate not here in the usa?? i think its an old one like the paioli if i am correct.

What was or look like Rick? Was it an all around or specific style of skating?

__________________
Futureskaters are our passion
Pastskater
pastskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #5
bobnva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 460
Default

They were supposed to be THE skate for loops back in the day.
bobnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #6
rolaboi
I am Rollerboy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,007
Default

I still have my Hudora's in the cupboard.. they were a fantastic frame. Petra Dayney convinced me to buy a pair when I was training with her back in `92.. while I was never the greatest at figures, they were really nice to skate on. It was very hard to get parts for them, even then.. altho the cushions lasted (mainly coz I didnt practise too much!).. for loops they were fantastic, giving so much control.
rolaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #7
Live2sk888
Skate Whisperer
 
Live2sk888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,547
Default

can you post of pic of them? I don't think I've ever seen this plate before!
__________________
REBECCA aka Speedyrella
www.getskates.com - www.skatestylez.com - www.getregrooved.com
*Email me if you need a quick reply, I'm not on here every day*
Live2sk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #8
doppioritt
Senior Member
 
doppioritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolaboi View Post
I still have my Hudora's in the cupboard.. they were a fantastic frame. Petra Dayney convinced me to buy a pair when I was training with her back in `92.. while I was never the greatest at figures, they were really nice to skate on. It was very hard to get parts for them, even then.. altho the cushions lasted (mainly coz I didnt practise too much!).. for loops they were fantastic, giving so much control.

this topic was started in front of a comment I heard. "Hudora plates are still the best". Jayson, is it possible that after 25 years this is still true? Let me know your opinion, related to other plates.

Paolo
doppioritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2016, 07:59 AM   #9
Gee
Senior Member
 
Gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 193
Default

Did you know the Paioli Hudora is back as Hudor?

The Paioli Hudora, an old plate from the 80's, has been brought back as Hudor. There are dealers in the US and UK carrying the Hudor. Both Hudora and Hudor use the same clip action as the Atlas which I prefer over the Roll Line and Snyder. The Hudor comes with rubber cushions. The truck on the Hudor is the same as the truck on the Piranha, Shark and Cristal, so you should be able to interchange the rubber cushions with the urethane cushions used on the other plates designed for freestyle.

I feel both Hudora and Hudor are excellent figure plates on par with Atlas and better than Roll Line. My preference for figures is to set the cushions to as loose as I can manage for loops and as tight as I can manage for circles.
__________________
- Just roll with it
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #10
Sir Aaron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Did you know the Paioli Hudora is back as Hudor?

The Paioli Hudora, an old plate from the 80's, has been brought back as Hudor. There are dealers in the US and UK carrying the Hudor. Both Hudora and Hudor use the same clip action as the Atlas which I prefer over the Roll Line and Snyder. The Hudor comes with rubber cushions. The truck on the Hudor is the same as the truck on the Piranha, Shark and Cristal, so you should be able to interchange the rubber cushions with the urethane cushions used on the other plates designed for freestyle.

I feel both Hudora and Hudor are excellent figure plates on par with Atlas and better than Roll Line. My preference for figures is to set the cushions to as loose as I can manage for loops and as tight as I can manage for circles.
Talk about resurrecting a thread!

I'm thinking about switching to the Hudor from the Roll Line Giotto. I'm just trying to figure out which EDEA boots I'm going to use and which size frame for those boots. I've got some questions for you:

(1) Did you skate Roll Line prior to going to the Hudor? If so, what Roll Line frame did you use?

(2) What differences do you perceive between Roll Line and the Hudor? How do you think this affects the performance?

(3) Do you use rubber or urethane for your figure setup?

(4) The Hudor is very heavy. Do you believe this helps or hurts you with figures?
Sir Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 05:12 PM   #11
sunriver61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 7
Default Resurrecting thread on Hudor

Does anyone have experience with the Hudor Figure Lite plate? I'm having these put on a new pair of Risport RF2's and got them through skater's oasis.

I wasn't impressed with the people at edea and roll line at nationals... customer service still factors in when selling a product - and I wasn't greeted until my coach walked me over there. Even then, eh.... not impressed.
sunriver61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 01:33 AM   #12
Sir Aaron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunriver61 View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Hudor Figure Lite plate? I'm having these put on a new pair of Risport RF2's and got them through skater's oasis.

I wasn't impressed with the people at edea and roll line at nationals... customer service still factors in when selling a product - and I wasn't greeted until my coach walked me over there. Even then, eh.... not impressed.
A little bit of experience with it. Mostly the kids use the Hudor plate. Coaches like the heavy weight for figures. We have an older woman who wanted a lighter plate but preferred the feel of the Hudor. She got the Hudor light which we mounted and she really likes it. Itís exactly the same as the Hudor except made from a lighter metal. You can buy it from Skaterís Oasis or I can sell you one through our rink.
Sir Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2019, 09:05 AM   #13
larryoracing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lomita, Ca, work in El Segundo, CA
Posts: 980
Smile Butterfly plate from Skaters Oasis..

I saw this plate at Nationals at Skaters Oasis..was wondering if anybody has ever tried it...I think it had a toe stop mount..I thought it was a dance plate and cost was about $365.00

And thankyou...LarryO
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.