S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old October 12th, 2019, 01:22 AM   #1
hoohoorjoo

Talking Skating while on vacation

Anyone here besides me like to find rinks while away from home? We had some friends invite us to go to Navarre Beach FL. We normally go to Orange Beach AL. Long story short, Pensacola is dead up halfway between the 2 places and there's a great rink we always go to called Dreamland Skate Center there in Pensacola.......so we are taking our skates for night session tomorrow evening. IM PUMPED! We didnt get to skate last weekend(homecoming game and dance) and thought we weren't gonna get to go again this weekend. Did I mention I'm excited?
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:38 AM   #2
Skatervideoguy

Hi hoohoorjoo,

I've been doing this since the late 50's, traveling with my parents. And since then all thru my adult years. That's how I've managed to find over 160 Rinks all across the USA.

The latest one was in Ft Collins, Co. just 2 mo's ago. I had planed to hit up a couple more on our way home thru Wy, and Nebraska, but I took a bad Fall (walking) in Yellowstone Pk, and that took me off walking for a time. Hope to be back on Skates by Xmas.

Take them (Skates) wherever you go, just in case the opportunity presents itself.

Harold
Old October 12th, 2019, 08:35 PM   #3
dvw
Secretary of Skate

I travel for work, and if the opportunity presents itself, I'll sometimes take a pair or two with me and skate. I've gotten to skate at some fun places and meet some Skateloggers doing that.
Old October 12th, 2019, 09:40 PM   #4
HeBeGB

I try to have skates with me whenever I travel and try to find any rinks available
Old October 12th, 2019, 10:20 PM   #5
hoohoorjoo

Cool

Thanks guys, I dont feel so foolish now for not wanting to miss a weekend session due to being away from home. We actually passed another rink on the way in, in the town of Milton FL. Weber's Skate World...it looks nice and was recently renovated, but I think I'll stick with Dreamland, mainly because I told a local kid I met last time that we were gonna visit (he is floor guard tonight). We are leaving to skate in about 45 minutes, so I'm looking very forward to it!
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 08:47 AM   #6
Oicusk82huh

Oh, don't worry. I actually plan all my vacations around skating. There are rinks, trails, national events, international events and even skate cruises too, so you are not alone. Turns out there are probably millions of us out there.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote