S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old June 24th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #1
Lerroy178

Default My 2014' Powerslide DOOP Freestyle Skates

I like them A Lot! I like them better than my old 2010' SEBA High's. I'm not saying they are better skates just better for my needs vs with the High's.

Out of the box they were very lose and didn't have lot of support . After making some strap adjustments it made them 1000x's times better.

I got the S-M size which on most sites say go to 43EU. My SEBA's were 43 and i wear US 10.5 sneakers. The DOOP box says they go to 42.5 not 43. even with that being said with the skates adjusted my top tips are only about ~1/2" off the end of the skate soul plate but still even the front wheel.

i ended taking out the Heel pad also, as it just felt better w/o them to me.

they weight about the same as my old SEBA Highs with my shoes overall to me but, the distribution of the weight makes them feel much better since most of the weight is in the cuff area that's inline with my leg and very little over the front.

The best part is my feet are so much cooler temperature wise when riding and i can get them on and off much quicker.

i switched to my SEBA frames just because the DOOP frames are boring looking

Lerroy178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Bebai

Very nice i must say. But the part were u said its about as heavy as the seba high threw me off. Thats alil too much for a pair of skates without liners. I wonder if the Lite version would really be significantly lighter.
Bebai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Shaw

Being as heavy as seba highs is definitely surprising.

How responsive are they compared to highs? Do you think the straps provide enough support for toe-wheeling tricks?
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Lerroy178

i'll try to get a good confirmed weight for everyone to compare. Yes, the straps work very well. I was very surprised how well they work. ill be doing more test today.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Lerroy178

Forgot to say the stock DOOP Frames don't have 2 lateral adjustment slots for the rear like SEBA frame do.

Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:34 PM   #6
Lerroy178

Shot looking down. Still need make so frame adjustments to the left frame.

I have very narrow feet & shoes so, there are parts of the soul plate that my shoes don't come close to touching. The rear of the skate is more narrow than the top toe area is. If the soul plate was was the same size the whole way it would fit perfect for me. But since its designed for multiple sizes that had to do this i guess.
DOOP's same almost identical to Xsjado Aggressive skates. Only major difference are soul plates and frames. You can use DOOP cuffs on Xsjado soul plates and vise versa. Xsjado also make an variety of soul plates that can be bought separate so, i hope one day they do the same for the DOOP soul plates.

for my basic limited trick selection i was able to do all the same tricks i could with my High and RB Twisters before that. i did notice that toe tricks felt different because i was use to my toe pushing against the hard boots. also without as much weight over the front of my feet i had to adjust to that.

For hard core Slalom these wont fly but for they work for me. i use them while my daughter is riding her bike and i take to the rink 1-2 times a week. i only do slalom at the rink. 2 strap and a buckle and im out and walking out the door. I use to have a pair of K2 Moto's with the speed lacing system and its faster than that from start to finish.

Old August 1st, 2014, 11:38 PM   #7
bhree
Amateur Potholes Dodger

Hi Lerroy,
Are you using your doop skates with heel cushion included? I found that I'm not comfortable with them and prefer to remove the cushion and replace the quick adjustment system with traditional fixed bolts for fastening the plates and rear frame. The cushion cause the feeling of tilting forward and absorbing the power so I can't have maximum push. The consequence is that I have to reset the cuff belt and the ratchet position to have optimal fastening function.
bhree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Lerroy178

bhree

yes, i took out the heel cushions within the 1st 5 mins of riding. i also went with to the fixed fastening the plates as well.
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #9
bhree
Amateur Potholes Dodger

And that solves my curiousity wether I use doop in the way not intended by the manufacturer. Thanks.
Old August 8th, 2014, 05:17 AM   #10
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Being as heavy as seba highs is definitely surprising.

How responsive are they compared to highs? Do you think the straps provide enough support for toe-wheeling tricks?
I also wondered about this, and as for the toe wheeling, since your foot is trying to slide forward in the skate, maybe this toe strap might be of substantial service? I love my Burton Cartel's.

This would keep any of that from happening.
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #11
bhree
Amateur Potholes Dodger

I don't do fancy toe wheeling only rolling forward on toes. What I feel is the support is not from toes strap, it's the cuff and ankle wrap that fix the skates on feet including making toe wheeling possible. Toes strap in my opinion is for control like steering or toe lifting.
Old August 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #12
Lerroy178

i also agree with bhree, toe strap is more for control than support for me also.

Mort your pic doesn't show up
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #13
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerroy178 View Post
i also agree with bhree, toe strap is more for control than support for me also.

Mort your pic doesn't show up
search burton toe straps in google, theres a couple different styple, but I love them on my snowboard bindings.