S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #161
Hanger18

Default Hello to all

Hello to all. I have been MIA for some time it seems as life went and got even more complicated. Kids schedules have been preventing any skating although i have been thinking about it a lot more lately. Missing the exercise and the peeps and hoping to find a way back soon. I may have to start going solo.

C
Hanger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #162
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger18 View Post
Hello to all. I have been MIA for some time it seems as life went and got even more complicated. Kids schedules have been preventing any skating although i have been thinking about it a lot more lately. Missing the exercise and the peeps and hoping to find a way back soon. I may have to start going solo.

C
Sundays have not been bad at all lately. Been getting some good skating/workouts in. Still not finished my White Magnums, now purple. Got some more machining to do on them but no time to do it. Then repaint them again. Figure out what boots to put on them too. Been wondering where you have been. Texted you the other day too, figured you were pretty busy.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:44 AM   #163
funkysk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger18 View Post

C
Hey! Glad to see ya back-
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #164
fierocious1

Default Rainbow Roller Rink in Conroe TX update.....

I was informed last Saturday night that RRR was trying to put together a speed and derby teams. I replied that the floor was way too slick for speed otherwise it is one of the smoothest skating surfaces around. I was then told new coat would be put on Sunday night, awaiting results on that. Hopeful that it becomes reality, very nice floor with grip would be awesome.

Last edited by fierocious1; April 7th, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #165
fierocious1

Default Update on RRR

Checking the floor out tonight! Confirmed floor is coated. So now to see how it does. 7-11 session tonight. Been sick, but gonna give it a go tonight. Off work so I will be there early. Should be great skating surface, very smooth with grip.
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #166
fierocious1

Default Better than I had hoped for!

Rainbow Roller Rink in Conroe Tx has got a smooth floor but now has a really good floor. Very slight dips(only a couple). 2 new coats of the grippy stuff made skating tonight very nice. Never slipped no matter. I will be going back now cause I can run my Anabolix there(down to 2 new sets ). Totally enjoyed skating there tonight.

http://www.rainbowrollerrinkconroe.c...LLER_RINK.html

A big Thumbs up for those that worked on the floor!
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #167
fierocious1

Default Airline Roller Rink

Champions is on a summer schedule now so I went to a different rink yesterday after that session. Airline Roller Rink is in a kinda rough part of town, but no issues at the rink. However I did see there was a fine for bringing a gun in the rink of $100 and if caught a second time you would be permanently banned. Ranking the rink. Bathrooms were OK. Floor dirty, carpet needs replacing and the place is a little worn down. The rink floor was not coated for grip. Wavy in a couple of places but smooth. my 96a Anabolix held to about 95% of what I put to the floor. Only slipped under extreme conditions(3 or 4 times slipped in very hard cornering). Met a couple of skaters there so all was good.
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #168
slowsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Champions is on a summer schedule now so I went to a different rink yesterday after that session. Airline Roller Rink is in a kinda rough part of town, but no issues at the rink. However I did see there was a fine for bringing a gun in the rink of $100 and if caught a second time you would be permanently banned. Ranking the rink. Bathrooms were OK. Floor dirty, carpet needs replacing and the place is a little worn down. The rink floor was not coated for grip. Wavy in a couple of places but smooth. my 96a Anabolix held to about 95% of what I put to the floor. Only slipped under extreme conditions(3 or 4 times slipped in very hard cornering). Met a couple of skaters there so all was good.
Can't bring your gun? What do you do about the little kids in your way????
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #169
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
Can't bring your gun? What do you do about the little kids in your way????
I think they want to keep it low budget, knife fighting only...
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #170
fierocious1

Default finally!!!

Champions skating rink in Spring Tx has decided to extend the $2 Tuesday skate sessions through the year. Usually it is shut down when school starts. So now I get 2 solid sessions a week! Session time is 5-9 PM. Lots of room, about 10 people were there earlier this week, getting your miles in is not a problem....
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #171
fierocious1

Default new rink in Livingston TX

$2 Tuesdays are going great at Champions in Spring. I get more skate time, . The rink in livingston is now open. Gotta get up there and check it out soon.
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #172
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B

Default Dairy ashford

Dairy ashford is currently under going floor maintenance. We are open but there are several spots that are being sanded, etc. Hopefully well have it recoated soon.

Almeda is probably one of the best place to skate in houston, Go there Sunday night (i think... may be saturday, I have to check) and ALL the old school skaters will be there!

Also don't forget the Funplex roller rink LOL.... the floor is NOT for inlines but maybe good for slip n slide quad skating. Havent been able to go there after shootings and murder....
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #173
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoskatekov View Post
Dairy ashford is currently under going floor maintenance. We are open but there are several spots that are being sanded, etc. Hopefully well have it recoated soon.

Almeda is probably one of the best place to skate in houston, Go there Sunday night (i think... may be saturday, I have to check) and ALL the old school skaters will be there!

Also don't forget the Funplex roller rink LOL.... the floor is NOT for inlines but maybe good for slip n slide quad skating. Havent been able to go there after shootings and murder....
Funplex was the worst rink floor I ever skated on. I have no reason to go back... I like traction..

Last edited by fierocious1; October 24th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #174
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B

Dairy Ashford Recoated

Maybe too grippy for some type of skates but It sure is better than slip n slide
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #175
fierocious1

Quote:
Dairy Ashford Recoated

Maybe too grippy for some type of skates but It sure is better than slip n slide
Nice!!! I hope it stays sticky for a while.
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #176
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Nice!!! I hope it stays sticky for a while.
Probably not LOL....
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #177
fierocious1

Quote:
Probably not LOL....
Last time it lasted only about a month. I don't know why traction went away so fast but it did.