S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name


Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #161
Hanger18
Senior Member
 
Hanger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 139
Default Hello to all

Hello to all. I have been MIA for some time it seems as life went and got even more complicated. Kids schedules have been preventing any skating although i have been thinking about it a lot more lately. Missing the exercise and the peeps and hoping to find a way back soon. I may have to start going solo.

C
__________________
Hanger18
595/Reactor/Qube 8/White Shamans/Red Revolvers/Atom Strokers/PeaBolix
Home Rink: http://www.skatechampions.com/
Hanger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #162
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger18 View Post
Hello to all. I have been MIA for some time it seems as life went and got even more complicated. Kids schedules have been preventing any skating although i have been thinking about it a lot more lately. Missing the exercise and the peeps and hoping to find a way back soon. I may have to start going solo.

C
Sundays have not been bad at all lately. Been getting some good skating/workouts in. Still not finished my White Magnums, now purple. Got some more machining to do on them but no time to do it. Then repaint them again. Figure out what boots to put on them too. Been wondering where you have been. Texted you the other day too, figured you were pretty busy.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:44 AM   #163
funkysk8r
Senior Member
 
funkysk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: bryan, texas
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger18 View Post
Hello to all. I have been MIA for some time it seems as life went and got even more complicated. Kids schedules have been preventing any skating although i have been thinking about it a lot more lately. Missing the exercise and the peeps and hoping to find a way back soon. I may have to start going solo.

C
Hey! Glad to see ya back-
__________________
Ready to roll
funkysk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #164
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default Rainbow Roller Rink in Conroe TX update.....

I was informed last Saturday night that RRR was trying to put together a speed and derby teams. I replied that the floor was way too slick for speed otherwise it is one of the smoothest skating surfaces around. I was then told new coat would be put on Sunday night, awaiting results on that. Hopeful that it becomes reality, very nice floor with grip would be awesome.

Last edited by fierocious1; April 7th, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #165
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default Update on RRR

Checking the floor out tonight! Confirmed floor is coated. So now to see how it does. 7-11 session tonight. Been sick, but gonna give it a go tonight. Off work so I will be there early. Should be great skating surface, very smooth with grip.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #166
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default Better than I had hoped for!

Rainbow Roller Rink in Conroe Tx has got a smooth floor but now has a really good floor. Very slight dips(only a couple). 2 new coats of the grippy stuff made skating tonight very nice. Never slipped no matter. I will be going back now cause I can run my Anabolix there(down to 2 new sets ). Totally enjoyed skating there tonight.

http://www.rainbowrollerrinkconroe.c...LLER_RINK.html

A big Thumbs up for those that worked on the floor!
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #167
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default Airline Roller Rink

Champions is on a summer schedule now so I went to a different rink yesterday after that session. Airline Roller Rink is in a kinda rough part of town, but no issues at the rink. However I did see there was a fine for bringing a gun in the rink of $100 and if caught a second time you would be permanently banned. Ranking the rink. Bathrooms were OK. Floor dirty, carpet needs replacing and the place is a little worn down. The rink floor was not coated for grip. Wavy in a couple of places but smooth. my 96a Anabolix held to about 95% of what I put to the floor. Only slipped under extreme conditions(3 or 4 times slipped in very hard cornering). Met a couple of skaters there so all was good.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #168
slowsk8
Senior Member
 
slowsk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tukwila, just south of Seattle
Posts: 1,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Champions is on a summer schedule now so I went to a different rink yesterday after that session. Airline Roller Rink is in a kinda rough part of town, but no issues at the rink. However I did see there was a fine for bringing a gun in the rink of $100 and if caught a second time you would be permanently banned. Ranking the rink. Bathrooms were OK. Floor dirty, carpet needs replacing and the place is a little worn down. The rink floor was not coated for grip. Wavy in a couple of places but smooth. my 96a Anabolix held to about 95% of what I put to the floor. Only slipped under extreme conditions(3 or 4 times slipped in very hard cornering). Met a couple of skaters there so all was good.
Can't bring your gun? What do you do about the little kids in your way????
slowsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #169
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsk8 View Post
Can't bring your gun? What do you do about the little kids in your way????
I think they want to keep it low budget, knife fighting only...
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #170
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default finally!!!

Champions skating rink in Spring Tx has decided to extend the $2 Tuesday skate sessions through the year. Usually it is shut down when school starts. So now I get 2 solid sessions a week! Session time is 5-9 PM. Lots of room, about 10 people were there earlier this week, getting your miles in is not a problem....
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #171
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default new rink in Livingston TX

$2 Tuesdays are going great at Champions in Spring. I get more skate time, . The rink in livingston is now open. Gotta get up there and check it out soon.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #172
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B
 
Ryoskatekov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Htown TX
Posts: 106
Default Dairy ashford

Dairy ashford is currently under going floor maintenance. We are open but there are several spots that are being sanded, etc. Hopefully well have it recoated soon.

Almeda is probably one of the best place to skate in houston, Go there Sunday night (i think... may be saturday, I have to check) and ALL the old school skaters will be there!

Also don't forget the Funplex roller rink LOL.... the floor is NOT for inlines but maybe good for slip n slide quad skating. Havent been able to go there after shootings and murder....
__________________
That Asian Skater kid
Ryoskatekov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #173
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoskatekov View Post
Dairy ashford is currently under going floor maintenance. We are open but there are several spots that are being sanded, etc. Hopefully well have it recoated soon.

Almeda is probably one of the best place to skate in houston, Go there Sunday night (i think... may be saturday, I have to check) and ALL the old school skaters will be there!

Also don't forget the Funplex roller rink LOL.... the floor is NOT for inlines but maybe good for slip n slide quad skating. Havent been able to go there after shootings and murder....
Funplex was the worst rink floor I ever skated on. I have no reason to go back... I like traction..

Last edited by fierocious1; October 24th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #174
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B
 
Ryoskatekov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Htown TX
Posts: 106
Default

Dairy Ashford Recoated

Maybe too grippy for some type of skates but It sure is better than slip n slide
__________________
That Asian Skater kid
Ryoskatekov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #175
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoskatekov View Post
Dairy Ashford Recoated

Maybe too grippy for some type of skates but It sure is better than slip n slide
Nice!!! I hope it stays sticky for a while.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #176
Ryoskatekov
Professional N00B
 
Ryoskatekov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Htown TX
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Nice!!! I hope it stays sticky for a while.
Probably not LOL....
__________________
That Asian Skater kid
Ryoskatekov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #177
fierocious1
Senior Member
 
fierocious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoskatekov View Post
Probably not LOL....
Last time it lasted only about a month. I don't know why traction went away so fast but it did.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.