S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old August 6th, 2014, 04:18 AM   #541
Sir Aaron

Still here.
Sir Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #542
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
Still here.
Looks like we might be the only ones left. Where ya skating?
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #543
Sir Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
Looks like we might be the only ones left. Where ya skating?
Mostly out of Katy since that is where my art club is. It's a dump though because the owner doesn't take care of it.

right now, just my family skates because I just had ACL reconstruction. So I'm pretty much off skates until Jan-March. (probably March to be safe). I still go and teach class, but I don't skate.
Old August 7th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #544
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
Mostly out of Katy since that is where my art club is. It's a dump though because the owner doesn't take care of it.

right now, just my family skates because I just had ACL reconstruction. So I'm pretty much off skates until Jan-March. (probably March to be safe). I still go and teach class, but I don't skate.
Kewl. I heard about the Katy rink. Never been there though. Will have to visit one night.

Get well soon and get back out there and skate! I'll let you know before I head out there.
Old August 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #545
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Sir Aaron, I saw a skating rink on Highway 6 near 529. Is that the Katy rink you referred to?

Oh, I see...that's the Bear Creek skating rink. Gonna hafta check them out one day. Anyone ever been there?
Old August 10th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #546
Sir Aaron

Quote:
Sir Aaron, I saw a skating rink on Highway 6 near 529. Is that the Katy rink you referred to?

Oh, I see...that's the Bear Creek skating rink. Gonna hafta check them out one day. Anyone ever been there?
I've never been to Bear Creek even though that is technically the closest rink to me. It has a sports floor which is terrible for any serious skating (such as artistic). It's also in a bad part of town to park your car for a couple hours.

I skate at Mason Road Skate. It's a dump but the floor is wood and because it is terribly managed, there is often few people at sessions.
Old August 15th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #547
fierocious1

Quote:
I've never been to Bear Creek even though that is technically the closest rink to me. It has a sports floor which is terrible for any serious skating (such as artistic). It's also in a bad part of town to park your car for a couple hours.

I skate at Mason Road Skate. It's a dump but the floor is wood and because it is terribly managed, there is often few people at sessions.
There is a good artistic class at Champions Roller World in Spring. The floor is good too. They take pretty good care of the floor. They have a Sunday morning practice before the regular session.
Old August 17th, 2014, 03:42 AM   #548
Sir Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
There is a good artistic class at Champions Roller World in Spring. The floor is good too. They take pretty good care of the floor. They have a Sunday morning practice before the regular session.
Yes, I'm familiar with Champions, especially their ART skaters. Very nice rink. Almost went there, but that rink was a bit farther for me.
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #549
fierocious1

Quote:
Yes, I'm familiar with Champions, especially their ART skaters. Very nice rink. Almost went there, but that rink was a bit farther for me.
A bit far? I drive from Livingston to skate there now. An hour and 15 minutes but still the best place to skate in the Houston area. Everything closer to me is too small( Livingston, Humble), too rough (Livingston), slippery(Splendora) or too wavy(Lufkin). So I only skate locally when I have to. Seems like rink managers/owners just don't have the money to improve their rinks. Last time I was in Humble the floor was very tight, nothing you can do about it being small, the building is small. Same with Livingston, small, but sometimes grippy for cement. Three pushes in the turns, one in the middle and into the next turn.
Once things cool off a bit, finally going to skate outdoors. There are some descent areas here for skating outdoors here.
Old August 17th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #550
Sir Aaron

Quote:
A bit far? I drive from Livingston to skate there now. An hour and 15 minutes but still the best place to skate in the Houston area. Everything closer to me is too small( Livingston, Humble), too rough (Livingston), slippery(Splendora) or too wavy(Lufkin). So I only skate locally when I have to. Seems like rink managers/owners just don't have the money to improve their rinks. Last time I was in Humble the floor was very tight, nothing you can do about it being small, the building is small. Same with Livingston, small, but sometimes grippy for cement. Three pushes in the turns, one in the middle and into the next turn.
Once things cool off a bit, finally going to skate outdoors. There are some descent areas here for skating outdoors here.
I have to drive to the rink 4-5 days a week. So yeah, a bit far.
Old August 17th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #551
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

I am so jealous of you Houston Skaters:
Spring Skatepark. Largest in the Nation.

Drooooool.....

Old August 18th, 2014, 01:18 AM   #552
fierocious1

never been there... Lol
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #553
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

Quote:
The best place to skate in Houston? I doubt it...but you knew what you were doing when you typed that.
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #554
fierocious1

Quote:
The best place to skate in Houston? I doubt it...but you knew what you were doing when you typed that.
Lol, maybe I should qualify that statement..... It is home for me. I skate as hard as or as easy as I want to. I do regulate my speed according to traffic and mini land mines. Of all the rinks I have skated, it provides me with a good balance of features. Others may not care for it though... Oh well..