S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old August 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #181
Code Monkey

Speedy, awesome pics!!!! I am printing them off now. Wish I could skate so fast. When you have some time would you write down what you think would be a good strong workout routine (program) for me. I will try to get some video taken of me skating so you can critique my form.

Thanks again for the pics and have a great skate day and weekend!
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #182
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

AWESOME!!!

You know what this reminds me of.... Did you guys ever see that movie about the cyclist, where the guy drafts off a semi truck? I loved that movie. If only I could remember the name...

Edited to say - can't wait to see the video, and don't take out the profanity and crying.
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #183
Code Monkey

Jessica,

Also a favorite movie of mine and a true story. It is entitled, "Breaking Away".

How are your feet holding up? Don't forget to powder your boots.

Have a great skate!
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #184
speedysktr
President of Everything

thanks everyone for the kind words. Couldnt have done it w/out gless and speedy sr. There was some profanity when I discovered that the video was all white, luckily I discovered that the "backlight" button was on and that fixxed it. There was also a few choice words early on as we tried to find the happy place with the speeding up and slowing down to keep me in the pocket. All part of the process. I forget who was busting my b@ll$ for mentioning the song "unwritten" a few months back, but I heard that this morning and it was, um, very cool.

I'm really looking forward to the day when we finally have our skatelog get together weekend.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #185
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Jessica,

Also a favorite movie of mine and a true story. It is entitled, "Breaking Away".

How are your feet holding up? Don't forget to powder your boots.

Have a great skate!
Ahhh that's it. I'm gonna have to grab that off ebay - very inspirational movie.

Feet are ok - thanks for asking. I just molded my boots but don't get to try them out properly until tomorrow. Crossing my fingers...
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #186
Pepper Montana

Breaking Away.... great movie!

So, with the coeds, is speedy going to adopt an Italian accent?
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #187
speedysktr
President of Everything

Si!!!

No wait! I wanna be the good guy!

ciao
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #188
Code Monkey

Jessica,

Have you ever tabbed your frame? Just an idea. I was skating on my new Powerslide C4s and didn't really have a problem except I was developing a blister on my arches. I was told by Rich at nettracing various reasons why that may be happening so I did his instructions on tabbing and what a difference. Now your boot may not need it, I don't know. I tabbed once and noticed a tremendous difference and could tell that my foot (tender under the arch from the blisters) was not getting as much stress placed upon them. So then I did like Rich said and tried two tabs, one on top of the other. Ok, this was way to much and I felt like I was going over on the outside edge. So I backed down to only one tab for front and back. He told me I had to really pay attention to the feel of my skates on the road and would have to go back and forth, sometimes going to far in either direction to understand when I do get the correct adjustment. Something else I was told to try if I started having ankle rub spots and that is to get a silk stocking and cut it so that it just goes around the ankle. This goes over the sock and is in direct contact with the boot. The silk is so slick and gets slicker when wet that the abrasive force is negated.

Now I know this isn't a lot of mileage for you but it's a big one for me but tomorrow morning I am going out to do a forty miler. New Hyper Gs ( 80mm) with ceramic bearings. And of course my tried and true Camelback. Can't wait.

Have a great skate this weekend!
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #189
Pepper Montana

Mike was the good guy! He just posed as the Italian.
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #190
speedysktr
President of Everything

prego!

it's only been like 25 years since I saw that flick
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #191
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
AWESOME!!!

You know what this reminds me of.... Did you guys ever see that movie about the cyclist, where the guy drafts off a semi truck? I loved that movie. If only I could remember the name...

Edited to say - can't wait to see the video, and don't take out the profanity and crying.
I like American Flyers, with Kevin Costner and a very young Alexandra Paul, before Baywatch and her fitness quest.

The part I like best is when The brothers are training together and Marcus (Kevin Costner) mentions that someone will be joining them. Turns out that someone is a pretty vicious dog that takes David's (David Marshall Grant) shoe as they ride.

That, and the scenery from the "Hell of the West" race.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #192
Code Monkey

Hey speedysktr,

Are you rolling on the Tru-Rev 5x90 frame? Are you going to be using that for the A2A? Do you do your long distance skating on the 5x90?

Have a great skate weekend!
Old August 26th, 2006, 04:44 AM   #193
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
AWESOME!!!

i think it was "Breaking Away" if someone didn't guess it already. What do i win?
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #194
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Are you rolling on the Tru-Rev 5x90 frame? Are you going to be using that for the A2A? Do you do your long distance skating on the 5x90?
yes, yes and I do all of my skating on the 5x90.

Aug. 26 38 miles- had intended to go longer, but one of the players was mega-late and we had to leave with out him even after waiting 35 minutes. I skated strong and had a nice finish. Tomorrow we head to the velodrome for some track racing; yet another new and different activity.

Hope everyone is having happy trails this weekend.
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #195
Pepper Montana

Aug 25
14 miles on the hilly loop

Aug 26
60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill in the am because of rain. Things dried out in the pm so hit the park on the skates. Did the 14 miles at a personal best pace of about 56 minutes. That is huge! The new skates and the improved technique are making a difference. I also have to say that totally dieing in St. Paul has helped also. Now I know what it is to push to the max. St. Paul was good for that. Oh yeah, rubbing Speedy's head for luck in the park in St. Paul made a difference too. He didn't seem to appreciate it at the time though...
Old August 27th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #196
gless

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Off yesterday and going to try something new and different as well as a little intense tonite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvirtue View Post
Mrs Speedy will be out and you have to cook for yourself and the girls?

For the record...Mrs Speedy was out tonight ...even so he invited me over for a home cooked meal he cooked for the girls AND me, now it wasn't quite up to Mrs Speedy's standard (a very high mark I might add) but it was quite good and hit the spot after a hard 39 miles of hilly roads today
gless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #197
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
Tomorrow we head to the velodrome for some track racing; yet another new and different activity.
And now for something exactly the same: indoor practice

August 27th Indoor practice. Ominous looking weather patterns kept me from the two hour drive west to race at the velodrome in Indianapolis. I hope they got race. I couldnt risk it. Bummer too, because I'm really itching to go. The next one is scheduled for the same weekend as Duluth. / Instead, Gless and I opted for indoor practice. He tried the premptive bail, but I guilted him in to it. A nice warm up, couple of relays and a long lap the pack drill and finished with a twenty lapper. I'm toast.

Where the hell is everyone? No one else skated?
Old August 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #198
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by gless View Post
...even so he invited me over for a home cooked meal he cooked for the girls AND me...
That speedy, is there anything he can't do?
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #199
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gless View Post
For the record...Mrs Speedy was out tonight ...even so he invited me over for a home cooked meal he cooked for the girls AND me, now it wasn't quite up to Mrs Speedy's standard (a very high mark I might add) but it was quite good and hit the spot after a hard 39 miles of hilly roads today
Yum! Spaghetti "O's" after a 39 mile skate! Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. JB
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #200
speedysktr
President of Everything

They were "Dora" shaped spaghetti Os, thank you very much. Jibs, where's the skate report? I still have connections down there, you know. I understand Napalm was on fire yesterday. Jess, what's the word girlie?