S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old January 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #1
lee-mcdonald
the best member

Default K2 Fatty Pro Skate Review

The k2 fatty's were my first real aggressive skate, i do enjoy riding them because the boots are very comfortable. These are a great begginer skate but once you begin gettin more "into" the sport you may want to upgrade.

Boot: pros: the boot/ liner is very soft and comfortable, it takes very little time to break them in and are good all around. They have great support yet still alow for flex.
Cons: The only con with the boot is the buckle can break easily and the laces that come with it snapped. The boot all around recieves a 7/10

Frames: pros: the frames that came with the fatty's were good for riding flat , they were sturdy and held up well against many drops. The dawes frames also come with a cool bomber plane decal on them so they look cool.
Cons: What i found i disliked about the frames is that you cant use them freestyle for any amount of time if you plan to go back to flat. The holes for the axels will colapse after using them freestyle many times. This can be expected though because teh frames were not made for freestyle. The frames overall revieve 7/10

Wheels: pros: there is nothing good about these whees
cons: These wheels do not hold up against "heavy" riding, after a few weeks of riding the wheels began to "chunk" away and eventually one side of a few of the wheels blew off, which left me riding on pretty much an anti rockers. The wheels recieve a 1/10

The k2 fattys are a good begginer skate but would not be recomended for a seasoned roller. They cost 100$ american which is roughly 150 canadian(which i paid) these are worth the money if you are a begginer but as i said before not for a seasoned roller. The k2 fatty pros '03 revieve a 5.5/10

By:Lee McDonald
lee-mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #2
oldiesk8er

You don't take prisoners when it comes to K2.
oldiesk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #3
lee-mcdonald
the best member

no i dont
lee-mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote