S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum > Buying Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Skates Tips and advice about buying aggressive skates plus information and opinions about all of the different aggressive skate models.

Old January 1st, 2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Radio Caca

Default Shopping For First Real Skates

Alright, I learned how to skate on my generic, wal mart, inline skates when I was younger. But then I found skateboarding and haven't really inlined since. However a friend of mind showed me some videos (the one that really inspired me was one of ramelle knight, but that's another story) and I really want to get into aggressive inline.

So, who want's to help me pick out my first pair of REAL skates? Because I have no idea what I'm doing. Price isn't really that big of a deal, but I don't want to spend too much if I end up not liking it or sucking at it. And I don't really have a proper skate shop around here, so what's a good way of telling what size to get without trying them on.

Thanks in advance!
Radio Caca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 05:44 AM   #2
aggroskater
Algerian skater!

i would go with some Lunatics... they are about $50 and they are not very good..... but they work. i had mine for 4 years and they didnt break.... (well, until i tried a 10 step...... 8 times... my wheel broke on the last one)
aggroskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM   #3
KUNGCHUNGFUEE
waddup rock on dudes

well im on my first sk8s now and there anarchy chaos 2s and i got mine for 75. there really comfortable and brilliant begginners u can get em for like 90 on the net and thats where i suggest u get them but if u do then make sure theres a warranty and wear them inside to make sure they fit.

happy sk8ing
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:59 AM   #4
Radio Caca

Thanks for the advice. But since there aren't any skate shops around here I have no choice but to order of the internet. So what size do you think I should get if I wear around a 11.5-12. And is it really that big of a deal if they're a half size too big?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:20 AM   #5
B_rI_a_N
Needs no stinkin helmet

at your size, it doesnt really matter. skates have shell sizes, so itll be the same actual skate for everybody with a sizee 10- 12 shoe, just a diffrent liner.

so at your size youre not between shell sizes. where do you live? that effects alot on which internet shop to order from.

and i would get wither a pair of Razors brand skates or USD's. they have chep models that work freekin amazingly. ( dont get "lunatics". i've been around for over 7 years and i have NEVER heard of them)
B_rI_a_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:13 AM   #6
sk8erluke121

ROLLERBLADE is good for begginers (i got some and they work fine for me) ( i got trs downtown 2's)
Old January 2nd, 2007, 09:14 PM   #7
Radio Caca

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rI_a_N View Post
at your size, it doesnt really matter. skates have shell sizes, so itll be the same actual skate for everybody with a sizee 10- 12 shoe, just a diffrent liner.

so at your size youre not between shell sizes. where do you live? that effects alot on which internet shop to order from.

and i would get wither a pair of Razors brand skates or USD's. they have chep models that work freekin amazingly. ( dont get "lunatics". i've been around for over 7 years and i have NEVER heard of them)
I live in central PA, about an hour away from philly. And with the liners, does that mean I could just order a 12 and if that's too big get a smaller liner? I'm I understanding that right? Thanks for all the help btw.