S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:41 PM   #61
JuGGalo_Sk8
100% Made Of Sandels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo View Post
JuGGalo_Sk8 wrote:

Welcome to the board.

But, what's a juggalo? See, they keep me in the dark all day and at night I don't get out much so I don't know these things.

Thanks
gbo
Mostly a juggalo is someone who listens to Insane Clown Posse - Twiztid - Or anyone else from Psychopathic Records. Its an underground Horror-Core band. www.insaneclownposse.com Check the Urban Wiki.

Its almost like the outcasts from the jocks and preps and **** mostly people who have been sh*t on through out there life and are sick of it.
JuGGalo_Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:53 AM   #62
TooFast
TooFast

Thumbs up

http://www.inlineskatetech.com

Hi Skaters,

I'm Bruce Honaker. I'm really enjoying Kathie's site, she's done a great job of creating a forum for us to keep up on the sport in all aspects. I'm 48, live in Colorado. I'm a newspaper mechanic by trade but consider myself an inventor first and foremost. I love skiing, my Harley, sports, traveling, beer, backgammon and enjoying a full life.

Later,
Bruce

edited by moderator to remove promotional material duplicated in another post

Last edited by Kathie Fry; December 6th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #63
RayJai
RAYTHEGREAT!

Hey guys, Name's Ray.
I'm From NYC and started roller blading since i was akid, but stopped. after many years of break. I decided to get back into it.
currently work as a freelancer.
RayJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #64
The Unknown Disc Jockey
Retro Roller

Smile Intro

Hi Gang,
I just found this message board and I think It's great.

My Name is Paul, I have been an active skater since 1981,

I currently skate two to three times a week (faithfully), at a brand new rollerrink in Accord NY called Skatetime 209.

I am an active member of a skate group called "The Retro Rollers"
and we love to rollerdance to 70's & 80's Disco/Dance music.

I also DJ at our local rink and program the music for our adult nights.

If you are in the upstate NY area of Kingston or Poughkeepsie I strongly encourage you to check out our Thursday night and Sunday night "adult skate" sessions.

You can check out our hometown rink at www.skatetime209.com

Regards

"The Unknown DJ"
The Unknown Disc Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #65
BWI-Sheldon
Pro Bike Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
There are a bunch of regulars in here that haven't posted in here, c'mon folks open up a little bit. Tell us about yourselves.
Hi. My name is Sheldon, and I am a skateholic. I started skating in 1991 a little and met and married a skater in 1992. The skating kinda stopped once the little women started showing up, as skating wasnít an option, so we pulled them on our bike trailers. By and by, after the four girls were growing up from toddler to regular human kids, all exorcise went by the way side as the rigors of family life became all consuming. The house, school, neighborhood, community, blah blah blah, you know the drill. By summer of 2005 there I was at 256 lbs. rapidly becoming your average ďmouse potatoĒ (same as couch potato but on the computer) when while doing some yard work I ripped my right knee up. The meniscus was badly torn along with the ACL torn around 70% . In December I had surgery to cutaway the damaged meniscus, but we left the ACL pending a 6 months review of the knee if was strengthened enough the I can live with it. (no sports naturally, no running period) By April, 2006 it would still get sore and swollen by evening time.
One warm Tuesday in the beginning of May, my wife pointed out that the kids were in school, why donít we put on the old skates and try skating. Skeptical about whether I could even skate, we went and I was very cautious and skated around a half an hour slowly (in my old RB racerblade, basically a hunk of plastic with a piece of aluminum riveted to it and 5x80 wheels). It was such a feeling of freedom for us that we repeated this outing the next three days. By the weekend, we had to rest our blistered feet and sore ankles, but we were feeling physically better than the past years. I skated the entire next week for 45 minutes doing around 6 miles each session. I noticed that in the evenings the knee swelling stopped and walking was less painful. On the third week the ankle pain from the old hard plastic boots was getting so bad I knew that it either was new skates or no skating, so I drove 100 miles to the nearest skate shop and picked up a pair of RB lightning TF 4X100.
The rest is history as they say, I just skated more and more, harder and harder, longer and longer, as the fat started to melt away, and my lungs started to expand, and the heart strengthened. At the end of June I went back to the orthopedic surgeon to check the knee, and he was amazed how much I strengthened it, so I got his blessing to keep up the skating, and not to repair the ACL.
I then switch skating areas to the challenging BWI trail, which is geared more to speed, than dealing with the dogs and daisy pickers at the park my wife still skates.
Currently I am down to around 205 lbs, and can maintain 17 mph on level for distances of 10 to 20 miles.

Sheldon
BWI-Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #66
Nick

Cool Hey

Hey all, My names Nick, ive been skatign for 14 years, skated with my sister for 12 then got with my new partner bexskater for the past 2 years,

I use Edea boots with Roll-line Energy plates,

Im from london, England,

Last edited by Nick; December 12th, 2006 at 07:32 PM. Reason: missed stuff out
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #67
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Nick, you are bexskater's partner? We are so happy to have you here. Welcome to our forum!

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #68
Nature1992
Begginer Skater

hi, let me introduce myself. i'm Ervin Oktariadi.. i live in vancouver BC and was originally born in indonesia,Jakarta.. yeap. all the way from there.

I started skating when i was 13... and... once gave up skating(That was when i was 11 years old)

i think its officially one year and 2 months since i skated i think. ok there you go guys.
Nature1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #69
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Hey all, My names Nick, ive been skatign for 14 years, skated with my sister for 12 then got with my new partner bexskater for the past 2 years,

I use Edea boots with Roll-line Energy plates,

Im from london, England,
Hi Nick congratulations you and Becky skated well at worlds. i watched the videos online and some of it live via web tv. your a young team keep up the good work, its been a long time since grb has had a world class dance team champion. good setup with the edea and rolline plate, are you using a tango edea or what?

did your sister retire from skating?

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #70
Freckle578

I'm Gina. Um, a little about me (I always feel like there's nothing to say, haha).... I'm 25, a stay at home mom (formerly in fashion design), and I love music, being active, and laughing at my friends while they sing karaoke.

I'm re-discovering skating after almost 10 years of not touching a skate. It's something I've wanted to do for so long, but half the time didn't have the chance, and the other half the time I had the chance and didn't take it.
Freckle578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #71
Mr-ugly

Hi,

Like Janneman i am from the Netherlands, 36 years. I am a Microsoft Certified Professional but thats boring, compared to skating...........
I started skating on ice when i was 3 and in that sommer i started roller skating. after a few years i went to speedskating but wen i got 11, i changed to ice hockey.
How long i skate i can't remember but the hockey skates that i have now are 18 years old. Four years ago i started to skate longer distances and bought some speedskates, now i have two pair of costummade Bont skates, one vaypor with a maple 5x84 grame and one zx4 with a mogema 100mm frame.
I started teaching skating two years ago and i am a certified trainer in Germany and the Netherlands.
Students hate my saing. Every trick you can do forwards, you also can do backwards. :-)

Arie
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #72
lee-mcdonald
the best member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomon ST Brother View Post
Heya every1, I'm Evan from England, just found this forum whilst searching for rollerblading stuff. I'm nearly 15, dead keen about blading, I'm currently wearing Salomon ST Pro blades with Brandon Campbell Frames and Shifty Woody wheels. Looking forward to find out more about blading.
if yer lookin 2 roll y do u have a skateboarder in your avatar
lee-mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #73
Stormer

bill, north dakota, 14, trs dtn 2s, skating for 4 yrs.
Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #74
Jebtub

My name is Jamison. I'm 14, though I've been told I'm mature for my age so I won't be spamming up the forums or what not. I've been skating since I was five or six years old. I enjoy just skating around the rink and doing whatever I feel like. I prefer hockey skates for their easy maneuverability and light-weightedness (if that is a word). My current skates are a pair of old Mission Helium 550s but in the next few days my Wicked 7s should be coming in the mail. I live in Hicksville, Tennessee BUT I'm not a redneck.
Jebtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:24 PM   #75
freshfunkysal
Rollergroove

Hi All

Thought I'd introduce myself to all you fellow skaters out there. I'm freshfunkysal, Webmaster and part-owner of www.rollergroove.co.uk. I'm also the wife of TheTaskmaster. We both have a passion for roller-skating. I was raised in Milton Keynes, UK during the skate boom of the 80s and 90s and have skated for about 21 years. I practically lived at Rollers MK. I absolutely LOVE to skate. When Iím at work I think about skating. When Iím sleeping, I dream of skating. My other obsession is music. Skating music. Itís gots-ta-be-funky. In fact, fresh and funkyÖ hence the name. With heavy beats pumping the speakers and wheels on my feet, I canít keep still.

Iíve met many skaters over the years and itís always a pleasure to meet new skaters. We can all learn from each other.
When Iím not on here, I can be found all over the place in the UK - our website www.rollergroove.co.uk, Roller City WGC, Rollerworld Derby, Funky Monkeys Norwich, Rollerworld Colchester, Hemel Hempstead sports centre, Hyde Park, Canvas roller disco. Iím always happy to chat on here, so donít be shy to say hi!
freshfunkysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:43 PM   #76
malloy942

Default Hello

Mike Malloy
"the valley"
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:01 AM   #77
Wollman's finest NYC

Default new on here

Just stopping by to say what's up. I'm a New York old school rink rat looking for some good topics
Wollman's finest NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #78
farmergurl
Flying

Hey All,
I'm from upstate New York. I'm 15 yo. And I'm addicted to the internet...I love music,ice skating,farming, and alot more. Ummm..really dont know what else to say. Merry Christmas!
~Michele
farmergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #79
LoanSharkNYC
WoLLman Rinks Finest

My name is David From NYC, I ice skate ....... I'm 18 and check the sig. it will tell u why i skate........... I'm a beginner and the avy has my first pair of skates
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #80
online inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmergurl View Post
Hey All,
I'm from upstate New York. I'm 15 yo. And I'm addicted to the internet...I love music,ice skating,farming, and alot more. Ummm..really dont know what else to say. Merry Christmas!
~Michele
Farmergurl, not sure if you're near Syracuse, but they have a real good stretch of trail to inline on if that is at all near you. It was near some lake, I can get the name if you want it. I skated it every day when i visited back east.

And welcome aboard David from NYC.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote