S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM   #1
hikkergurl

Default Skating at OAKS PARK (Pictures and Video Clips)

Hi Gang!

Bill has been kind enough to host a couple of video clips and photo's taken at Oaks Park in Portland when Dan and I were visiting there last week. It's a beautiful rink with the smoothest floor. I feel like I can fly like a bird when I skate there. There is also a clip of the funky-wavy practice floor

Speaking of skating, Bill has also included a clip of yours truly being the clown I am

Here are the links:

www.skaterbill.com/hikkergurl/

Enjoy!
Liz

Last edited by hikkergurl; October 22nd, 2006 at 07:50 AM.
hikkergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:24 AM   #2
Bill

Hey Liz,

I enjoyed seeing your videos!

I skated there 6 years ago, and it is the coolest rink I've skated at. It looks like you and your husband had fun there, and you were the only one on the floor! The practice floor, and the wavey floor are cool, and the organ is the only one I've seen at a rink. I remember finding a few web pages about the rink, and reading lot's of neat things about it.

I'll make it back there some day.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:38 AM   #3
SkateSkateSkate

wow it looks nice and clean and really bright there. I wish it was closer to me.

Your lucky
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Pepper Montana

It is beautiful! The rink where I go (Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for it) is a cave. I would be all about the wavy floor practice area too! Back and forth, back and forth!
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:46 AM   #5
SkateSkateSkate

Dave - I know exactly what your saying about the "cave". A few rinks around here are like that unfortunately.

I agree, the wavy floor looked like fun!! I'd spend alot of time on there too hehe.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM   #6
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.

Hikkergurl, Thanks for sharing the video and pics. It brings back memories of my teenage years when many nights were spent at the Orlando Coloseium dance skating to the music of the organist purched up above the floor in the "crows nest". The Aquaseium and Bowlaseium (spelling ?) shared the same parking lot and it was a buzz on Friday and Saturday night. Ahh, "those were the days my friend..."

Hikkergurl, your video also makes you Clowngurl, and does having the rink all to yourself also make you Richgurl? (HaHa ) Again, thanks for the memories.

Lezsk8
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:46 PM   #7
hikkergurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LezSk8 View Post
Hikkergurl, Thanks for sharing the video and pics. It brings back memories of my teenage years when many nights were spent at the Orlando Coloseium dance skating to the music of the organist purched up above the floor in the "crows nest". The Aquaseium and Bowlaseium (spelling ?) shared the same parking lot and it was a buzz on Friday and Saturday night. Ahh, "those were the days my friend..."

Hikkergurl, your video also makes you Clowngurl, and does having the rink all to yourself also make you Richgurl? (HaHa ) Again, thanks for the memories.

Lezsk8
Having that floor all to ourselves DID make me feel rich........... and even better, oh so Happygurl
hikkergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 03:58 PM   #8
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Great vid hikkergurl. I love seeing skating clips. Wish I had a rink all to myself...
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #9
mvirtue
Rain Coordinator

Finally got flip4mac to work and watched the videos... Yup, that is Oaks all right. Our team grabs the benchs right at the end of the wavy floor and we climb over that wall, skate the wavy floor and and get to the check in area.
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote