S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old February 8th, 2020, 02:27 PM   #1
fierocious1

Default How much skate stuff

Have you given away? Many pairs of skates, super cushions, plates, trucks and boots. I have app 70 pairs of rink skates to give away. My list goes on but probably not near as much as Mort's list.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2020, 04:11 PM   #2
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Have you given away? Many pairs of skates, super cushions, plates, trucks and boots. I have app 70 pairs of rink skates to give away. My list goes on but probably not near as much as Mort's list.
A lot. Lol

How much doesnt mean much until you factor in an individuals wealth.

This should put it into perspective

Some notable things, but not a definitive list by any means.

1 set of 95A Scott Corey Fanjet tyres on Faster hubs /w Qube 8 balls in them
1 set of 88A assassins /w krypto bearings
1 set of very rare , poured on the hub, 92 A HeBeGBs /w bont swiss bearings
3x sets of 98A zombie lows
4 different Carrera skates, and fixed them anytime there were issues
Countless SG Super cushion/bushings
My original Arius I fixed, with shims, JB weld and such from the damage stock setups will cause.
1 size 8 red arius + 100 $ modification to the trucks + shims for a skater.
1 set 88A RBTS
1 set 97A RBTS
2 sets SG Power wheels red (93A)
Many toe stops, bearings and other things like plugs etc.
Fixing hardware for people for free, same with their soles that have come off their gt50/rock/carreras/r3's
Sometimes I buy gear I can get cheap and sell it for the exact price I paid or less.
A kids axle nut came off one session, he lost a wheel, so I just bought 8 and replaced them al, no questions asked, never told them or anyone I had to pay.

Oh, and this

https://youtu.be/lFpZ_EQQHrc

Trust here, I just sent them for him to check out, he made the video himself and sent them back not the first time I've sent wheels to Texas on pure blind trust actually

If I have the ability to help, I do.

I will never forget the day I gave away those assassins. It warms my heart from that young girls reaction every time I think of it. That's something you cannot buy.
Old February 8th, 2020, 04:25 PM   #3
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
A lot. Lol

How much doesnt mean much until you factor in an individuals wealth.

This should put it into perspective

Some notable things, but not a definitive list by any means.

1 set of 95A Scott Corey Fanjet tyres on Faster hubs /w Qube 8 balls in them
1 set of 88A assassins /w krypto bearings
1 set of very rare , poured on the hub, 92 A HeBeGBs /w bont swiss bearings
3x sets of 98A zombie lows
4 different Carrera skates, and fixed them anytime there were issues
Countless SG Super cushion/bushings
My original Arius I fixed, with shims, JB weld and such from the damage stock setups will cause.
1 size 8 red arius + 100 $ modification to the trucks + shims for a skater.
1 set 88A RBTS
1 set 97A RBTS
2 sets SG Power wheels red (93A)
Many toe stops, bearings and other things like plugs etc.
Fixing hardware for people for free, same with their soles that have come off their gt50/rock/carreras/r3's
Sometimes I buy gear I can get cheap and sell it for the exact price I paid or less.
A kids axle nut came off one session, he lost a wheel, so I just bought 8 and replaced them al, no questions asked, never told them or anyone I had to pay.

Oh, and this

https://youtu.be/lFpZ_EQQHrc

Trust here, I just sent them for him to check out, he made the video himself and sent them back not the first time I've sent wheels to Texas on pure blind trust actually

If I have the ability to help, I do.

I will never forget the day I gave away those assassins. It warms my heart from that young girls reaction every time I think of it. That's something you cannot buy.
Wow, man that's awesome! I do some tuning occasionally. Don't have gear like pads and stops anymore, ran out.
Old February 9th, 2020, 07:08 AM   #4
jbgerman

A full storage. Plates, wheels, boots, others. I give thing away for friends. My kind of charity, when you get the feeling to help someone to be happy.
jbgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2020, 08:04 PM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgerman View Post
A full storage. Plates, wheels, boots, others. I give thing away for friends. My kind of charity, when you get the feeling to help someone to be happy.
Promoting skating is fun. Hopefully the skaters stay with it in the long run.
Old February 27th, 2020, 09:38 PM   #6
hoohoorjoo

I haven't done a lot. I gave away a set of gray Speed Ray wides to a kid at the rink, and swapped them onto his skates. Then there was a pair of Riedell skates I got off Craigslist, and another pair of Riedells I got off Offerup (both of those went to my daughter's friends for their b-days, because they like to skate with us). I gave a buddy a new set of Reds just last week (he had a bad bearing at the rink). I gave a teen girl a set of Radar Presto wheels and some new laces a few weeks back. I didn't have much growing up, so I've bought a lot just to try since I've been back to skating the last few yrs. I wish someone had done that for me back in the day.
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2020, 10:46 PM   #7
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohoorjoo View Post
I haven't done a lot. I gave away a set of gray Speed Ray wides to a kid at the rink, and swapped them onto his skates. Then there was a pair of Riedell skates I got off Craigslist, and another pair of Riedells I got off Offerup (both of those went to my daughter's friends for their b-days, because they like to skate with us). I gave a buddy a new set of Reds just last week (he had a bad bearing at the rink). I gave a teen girl a set of Radar Presto wheels and some new laces a few weeks back. I didn't have much growing up, so I've bought a lot just to try since I've been back to skating the last few yrs. I wish someone had done that for me back in the day.

Heck yea man.

I contribute where I can. And when I have the opportunity to do extra work to fund things, if I know a kid deserves it, I do what I can to help.

The girl I gave the assassins to was my favorite. I was fortunate to be offered 2 shifts of overtime the weekend we were doing a big buy of wheels from Scott and that allowed me to afford the extra set. It was going to be sold to the parent of the kiddo for cheap , but the way she liked them and how far shed come with skating, her attitude, it was just the right thing to do.