S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old April 16th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Oicusk82huh

Default list of tricks

Hi. Last year I found a nice list of tricks on the internet somewhere. It started with easy tricks, then went to intermediate, then to advance. Could anyone post a simple list like that (on this forum)? Thanks.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Shaw

Kompakombo and Naomi's site are both good resources.

There really isn't a comprehensive list of tricks though. Tricks that are popular in one area might not even have a name in others. Baek ban, for example, is a very popular trick in Asia but I don't know what the English name for it is outside of "variant of the ride" or "backwards on one foot continuously turning". You've also got obscure high-difficulty tricks like spinning footgun or 2-wheels crouching. Simply spinning on one wheel has at least 16 variations per foot, and the term "seven" only applies to maybe 2 of those, 4 if also count the backwards versions. Finally, you've got a large number of nameless tricks, such as those seen from YJS' recent slalom class videos.

Classifying tricks in terms of difficulty isn't always simple or clear-cut. Toe-footgun for instance, is considered a very difficult trick but at the same time it's also a very basic trick. The only pre-requisites are maybe toe-wheeling and footgun (and I'm not even certain that those two are necessary, I've never bothered with learning the trick myself). You can start practicing it pretty much right off the bat, so a lot of sliders who are otherwise horrible at slalom have a fairly respectable toe-footgun. You don't really need a good foundation of other tricks to learn it despite its difficulty level. This is similarly true for tricks like swan-eagle or cobra. If your body is flexible enough, they're not particularly difficult tricks. My point is simply that you shouldn't let a trick's difficulty level dissuade you from practicing it, because tricks are considered difficult for a variety of reasons, and the pre-requisite skillset for every trick is different. On the other hand, you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that knowing difficult tricks is what makes a skater good. There's no substitute for good fundamentals, and the difference between a skater with good fundamentals and one without is glaringly obvious even if they're doing the same tricks.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Oicusk82huh

No! Come on! Okay. How's about just a list of slalom moves. We won't even get into judging how they rate on a technical level? And if you feel the need to list obscure moves like the baek ban, then have at it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to hear about some crazy **** they're doing in a different part of the world.

So just list as many moves as you can. On my part I will practice obsessively no matter what.
Old April 17th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Shaw

Very well then. This list is far from comprehensive, and there's no particular order to it, but here goes.

Fish
Snake
Backwards snake
Cross
Backwards cross
Marbrouk
Italian
Mexican
Gregfriet
Crazy
Anti-crazy
Double Crazy
Stroll
Crazy Legs
Nelson
Back nelson
Mega
Sun
Inverted sun
Forwards one-foot
Backwards one-foot
Eight
Backwards eight
Infinite
Drift
Sweep
Brush
Forwards brush
X-back
Jumping X
Special (toe-toe X)
Wiper
Cycling (unsure of name, 小馬跳 in Chinese)
Volte
Grand volte
Korean volte
J-turn
Reverse j-turn
J-turn bell
Screw
Swan
Chap chap
Crab
Eagle
Eagle cross (independent?)
Swan-eagle
Cobra
Footgun
Christy
Kasatchok
Toe-footgun
Crouching toe-footgun
Toe christy
Pendulum
Ride
Seat belt
Baek Ban
Chicken Leg
Other one-foot spins
Forwards wheeling
Backwards wheeling
Sevens
Chicken toe/heel
Other one-wheeled spins
Flat shift variations
Shift variations
Jumping Shifts
Rekil
wheeling Rekil
Day night
Sewing Machine
Wheeling specials
Toe-wheeled jumping (Liao Jie used to do this)
Toe-toe crouching
Spinning footgun
Spinning toe-footgun
Two-footed spins
Two-wheel spins
Oliver
Final

There are also a number of French tricks based around j-turn, swan, brush, etc. that I'm not too familiar with, you can look those up on kompakombo. Also, any given trick can have a large number of variations. Cross for example, can be done toe-toe, heel-toe, heel-heel, toe-flat footed, alternating right and left foot, etc. etc.

Last edited by Shaw; April 20th, 2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added a couple that I forgot
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Oicusk82huh

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much! Best!