S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old February 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Kristof

Default Seba WFSC vs IGOR ?

Hi all,

About 6 month ago I bought the Seba FR-A, I really like them because they're so versatile. However I don't use the soulplate, 'caus I'm a bit afraid to soulgrind :P
Anyway, I was new to freestyle, so I didn't buy my skates accordingly to what has become my main interest in skating: freestyle

I want to buy new Seba skates, but I'm still undecided to which I should buy. I want something that's really good for freestyle, so I won't want another upgrade. Seba Igor model 2013 seems very good, but I'm a bit concerned about the stiffness of the cuff. That's why the Seba WFSC or Trix also seem very good to me. Does anyone have experience with both skates? Can someone tell me the pros and cons of both models?

I was also looking at the Seba High Light, the washable and replaceable liner seems like a nice advantage. Any comments about the Seba High Light compared to Igor and WFSC?

Also, my feet are 27,7 cm. What size Igor and WFSC is best for me?
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM   #2
PeeWee

Here's my take:

Seba IgoR has a fairly wide foot bed designed to fit American or Euro feet. Larger toe box as well. Cuff on any Slalom specific skate is Stiff. Two problems I'm currently having with IgoR cuff is can't lace the upper properly with the carbon cuff installed due to the eyelets being under the cuff and the interface between the two is extremely tight. I ended up removing the carbon cuff and skating without it. The upper is plenty stiff with the cuff removed, at least with what I'm capable of doing. Sizing is way off chart wise. Example. I measure exactly 280mm on my longest foot at the end of a long day. Chart said I needed a 44eu, but store said order a size smaller because they run large. I purchased a 43eu. Felt great right off the bat, but after a month of some breaking in I probably should have gotten a 42eu. I wear a size 11us street shoe.

The Seba WFSC has a much narrower foot bed designed more for the Asian skater. In retro spect I would prefer this cuff over the IgoR since the eyelets on the upper are exposed better and u get the stiffener of the Trix model along the lower ankle and upper. It's out of the way and u can lace the upper with out issue. Also this model has a straight frame vs a rockered frame on the IgoR.

Quality appears great on either skate
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Kristof

I'm experiencing the same problem about the sizing. My feet are 27,7 cm. My Seba FR Deluxe are size 44 and they feel comfortabel, I believe 44 is the right size FR Deluxe for me.

According to the official Seba Chart - which Seba mailed to me a few weeks ago, and which by the way is different from any so called 'official Seba chart' that online stores publish - I would need Igor size 43. I ordered them at my local Seba dealer. They felt great right from the start! I was so happy, but now after a few weeks, I'm starting to have seconds thoughts: The Igors are still tighter then my FR Deluxe, but for a real slalom skate, it just feels a bit to loose, in length and width. This thought frustrates me, because for a 550 euro skate, I would've liked a perfect fit!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully see someone with size 42 Igors, it is however the 2010 model, and I know that the inner material has been changed since then, but I'll put them on anyway, just to know for sure which would've been better for me.
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:51 AM   #4
GregT

Igors are normally VEEEERY tight. If it feels "a bit loose" you might have too large a size.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #5
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

I feel your pain on selecting a size.

I have a 270mm foot. I chose the eu 42.

On the box it says MP 27.5. I believe this to be the perfect size foot for this size 42 boot. so a 275mm foot would be perfect for this trix 2 boot.

sometimes it feels like I have room if I think about it. Once I skate I don't think about it and it feels perfect.

Unfortunately you are 2mm over that MP 27.5 on the box. If you have a slim foot you might get away with the 42. You are definitely not going to be larger than a eu 43. Order both and return the other. I talking about the trix 2

Hope this helps.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:54 PM   #6
greazer
Forget oil... Grease!

Same here, my 270mm long (wide forefoot) feet liked the perfect tightness of the size 42 Trix.
Also tried the 43's but even with my wide feet there was a little bit too much space and my feet were slightly moving in the boots when doing slalom moves and tricks.
For this type of skating boots need to be tight, leftover space anywere in the boot will cause problems in comfort and control.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Kristof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT CAMR View Post
I feel your pain on selecting a size.

I have a 270mm foot. I chose the eu 42.

On the box it says MP 27.5. I believe this to be the perfect size foot for this size 42 boot. so a 275mm foot would be perfect for this trix 2 boot.

Unfortunately you are 2mm over that MP 27.5 on the box. If you have a slim foot you might get away with the 42. You are definitely not going to be larger than a eu 43. Order both and return the other. I talking about the trix 2

Hope this helps.
Unfortunately I can't order both skates at my local Seba Dealer, he says that if he orders both, he has to pay Seba both skates. So ordering more then 1 and sending the wrong ones back, is not an option for him.

I found a now way to tie my skates, which really helps! I strap the bottom 3 holes very VERY tight, I tie it after the 3rd hole, so they're permanently super tight. With the rest of the laces, I go further up, but I leave the last of the horizontal holes open (so the last hole before you lace 'vertical' at the shin area), this way that lace doesn't cut in, while I bent forward and this way I have enough lace left to tie the upper holes. This makes a huge difference in comfort and performance. Before I always left the last hole open, because of that the micro metric buckle and lace cut into my shin whenever I bent forward. Now with the last holes laces up, The pressure around my shin is much better divided, the lace and buckle don't cut my shin anymore.

But even tough I improved my skates a LOT with a better lacing technique, I still wonder how a size 42 Igor and Trix would feel. The forward flexibility you mentioned in the other topic, seems really fun. I'm originally an inline-hockey player, I'm used to skate with my knees bent. With the Igors, I actually have to shift my weight backwards, to bent my knees. This feels a lot different, but also good in some ways. What I'll keep liking about the Igor, are the abrasive pads (spelling?) at the sides. This and the overall durability, make the Igor also pro freeride skates. Slides are a lot of fun, the lack of abrasive pads, makes Trix not very soothed for sliding, imagine you bent too far while doing a parallel slide and your boots scrape the asphalt :S