S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #61
bluemojo
LandRoller Perfectionist

Wow, I see there has been little action on the Landroller post... Shame... I really thought there would a bit more interest with the new Mojos...
bluemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #62
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemojo View Post
Wow, I see there has been little action on the Landroller post... Shame... I really thought there would a bit more interest with the new Mojos...
So BM, did ever get them ABEC9 bearings? if so how were they.
Well, I guess people are leary of them LandRollers from the bad rap they got?
So, what is yor opinion of them now, as you have them for some time?
gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #63
bluemojo
LandRoller Perfectionist

I am really liking the new ABEC-9 bearings, they run a lot better imho... I bought a Bones Swiss bearing cleaner, used some mineral sprits, and added Bones speed cream... they are awesome now!!! as for the skates, I am very happy with them, and I am still not sure why others haven't tried them for fitness/recreational use... the old version Terra 9's were the only ones guilty of some defects, and in all fairness there weren't that many... but I guess I can kind of see why people are worried... if you guys have any questions/comments, I would love to hear them...
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #64
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Thumbs up

Quote:
I am really liking the new ABEC-9 bearings, they run a lot better imho... they are awesome now!!! as for the skates, I am very happy with them, and I am still not sure why others haven't tried them for fitness/recreational use... ...
BM, as R the only one with the Mojo, R the guine Pig to show how well they have changed. Glad to hear their ABEC9's work much better, So all need now is some speed skates for direct comparasion?
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #65
bluemojo
LandRoller Perfectionist

I don't mean to bash my skates, but as good as they are, I really don't think they will hang with a good set of speed skates. but in all fairness I really don't expect them to... they are not intended for speed anyway... for their applications, to me they are a really good skate, and I quite enjoy the looks, and questions I get wherever I skate in them... I am working on becoming an affiliate with Landroller.com on the new mojo's just like I was for the ohnos... I just wish more people would actually try them out, then just sit back and bash them not even knowing if they are any good... its always been my favorite to watch people complain or comment about a product without even giving it a chance... I am hoping to eventually start up a club/group here in The Woodlands/Houston so all the Landroller devotees/users can meet up, and skate, and maybe even do some charity skateathons and stuff... thanks for the good words, I enjoy talking to you all on here...
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #66
kufman

Quote:

If they sold a frame wheel setup for speed boots, they may generate more interest. I don't think I could skate in a boot that tall anymore.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #67
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

I'm not into bashing any one's choice of equipment---but side loading bearings, is not often a good thing. that is my only concern about that style of Skate. Bearings were not designed to be used that way. Nor are wheels designed to roll on their edge. It's just the Mechanics of wheels and bearings. but if you enjoy them, that is all that matters.
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #68
bluemojo
LandRoller Perfectionist

I appreciate the opinion, and have read all I can on their arguments on why they have decided to do what they did designing their skates... What I would really like to know is WHY side loaded bearings are so bad, is it just because of all the stress being on one side of the skate??? Thanks again, I really appreciate the responses I have been getting...
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #69
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

Quote:
I appreciate the opinion, and have read all I can on their arguments on why they have decided to do what they did designing their skates... What I would really like to know is WHY side loaded bearings are so bad, is it just because of all the stress being on one side of the skate??? Thanks again, I really appreciate the responses I have been getting...
Not so much the stress on the Skate, but more the "side loading" stress to the bearings, and the wheels. Bearings are designed with a particular use in mind. The races are designed for the pressure to be vertically applied, not to run on the side of the races. Running them on their sides, will add stress that they were not designed for. --but if they work OK for you, then it is not a problem. Just saying that is not the most efficient way to run bearings, or wheels.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #70
akyramoto

really thinking about getting a pair of the Mojo's. My regular inlines kill me on my road. it's soooo rough. they're also probably about a half size too small, which was ok when I played roller hockey, but not so much for recreational skating.

Just having a hard time making the decision to get them, even though I know they're really the only solution out there for my environment.
akyramoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #71
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akyramoto View Post
really thinking about getting a pair of the Mojo's. My regular inlines kill me on my road. it's soooo rough. they're also probably about a half size too small, which was ok when I played roller hockey, but not so much for recreational skating.

Just having a hard time making the decision to get them, even though I know they're really the only solution out there for my environment.
aky, being that the Mojo has a 150mm and 180mm wheels they might be the best choice for very rough surfaces. Whereas a skate with say 110mm may or may not be large enough to run over surfaces with small ruts. While Mojos aren't for speed, they surely are for rough conditions.
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #72
akyramoto

ya i'm not really concerned about speed as I will be skating just with my dogs. I just want something to make my local roads more comfortable. My hockey skates are just painful to me these days ( super hard leather & plastic). So the boot on the Landroller is looking mighty comfy!

I'm probably gonna go ahead and get them, they're gonna be good for me & good for my doggies.
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #73
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
ya i'm not really concerned about speed as I will be skating just with my dogs. I just want something to make my local roads more comfortable. My hockey skates are just painful to me these days ( super hard leather & plastic). So the boot on the Landroller is looking mighty comfy!

I'm probably gonna go ahead and get them, they're gonna be good for me & good for my doggies.
Keep us posted on how thangs go. Gud Luk.
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #74
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

Quote:

There was a guy here by the name of BlueMojo. Maybe see how he is doing on his by shooting him an e-mail or PM.
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #75
Mudskipper

Default mojo skates

hello, all- i just bought a pair of mojo's, and i am very pleased with them. they roll through deep pine needles and sidewalk debris much better than my inline skates. i am using them to take the dogs around the neighborhood, and they are smooth and i have better control that before. i might remove the brake- i don't use it to stop much so far. anyway, i highly recommend the landrollers for sidewalk/neighborhood street skating. my 2 cents.
Mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM   #76
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
hello, all- i just bought a pair of mojo's, and i am very pleased with them. they roll through deep pine needles and sidewalk debris much better than my inline skates. i am using them to take the dogs around the neighborhood, and they are smooth and i have better control that before. i might remove the brake- i don't use it to stop much so far. anyway, i highly recommend the landrollers for sidewalk/neighborhood street skating. my 2 cents.
Welcom, mud, glad to listed yor .02, and see U like them mojos. How are they in sharp turns, speed and stop and how comfortable?
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #77
Mudskipper

Default mojos

i never try to turn fast- i am not the most graceful athlete. i have been known to stop by crashing into a lightpole (a controlled crash). so, i am not the person to ask about performance...
i think the skates are as comfortable as my old blades, and i like not having to torque my ankles. i tried to break one learning to water ski (i am sticking to tubing from now on) and i am more comfortable with the positioning in these skates. they go pretty fast, for me- stopping is my problem.
Mudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #78
akyramoto

Wink

Just got my landrollers today. Of course i 'tried' them out on carpet first. That didnt work at all. so I went out on the road. they're different from my blades, but I expected that. The wheels are pretty sticky, and you have to kinda 'start' with your feet in the right position to push off - well until i get the hang of how they 'steer' ( without picking my foot up). I removed the brake within 2 minutes of being on them, its set REALLY low, so much that I was nervous about turning. MUCH better with the brake removed, all i know how to do is T-stop anyways so it works out. I did try to use it before I took it off & it just felt weird to me, and the T stops are more effective in my experience.

I can already do little 'circles' or 'slow spins' they're not fast by any means, I can skate backwards on em already. but not fast. I think I'll really end up liking them alot after I get the hang of them.

Hope to post a vid on youtube with em. I wanna get some more practice in them before i take the dogs out with me. All the big cracks in the road now dont scare me as much!!

btw the boot is pretty darn comfy! so much better than my blades, I like the 'lacing' system on them. They feel good on my feet. I just gotta get over how they look!
Old January 14th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #79
akyramoto

the more I skate in these & get used to them, the more I love them! I took my dog out tonight,, it was awesome to know that she was getting a good workout & so was I!
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #80
gem
Keep dem wheels moving!

Quote:
the more I skate in these & get used to them, the more I love them! I took my dog out tonight,, it was awesome to know that she was getting a good workout & so was I!
LOL, don't get no bedder dem dat!