S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old August 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #1
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default Introduce Yourself

This is an invitation to all of our forum visitors to introduce yourselves to the rest of the group.

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #2
Mouse
Motion Blader

I will go first then,

My name is micheal aka mouse. Im 18 and from bristol, UK. i have only been skatin for about 5 mounths. Im not skating at the mo coz i got a broken leg but i will be in november.

Peace
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #3
Ice Ramps

Default intro

Ok then,

My name is Dale Campbell. I'm 36, in the army, grew up in the ice rink as Mom was a coach, been skating since I was four, Ice, Inline, Roller, and yes in most all disliplines of each ie: hockey, speed, pairs, freestyle, aggressive, you name it. Just started a endeavor this year to create a new skating sport. Favorite skates:
Speed- my real custom Verducci boots (not custom fit) with Bont Sniper 88mm frames.
Figure skates- Custom Harlic boots with John Wilson Gold Seal Blades
Hockey- CCM Super Tacs
Rec skates- K2
Aggessive- Razors skates

Last edited by Ice Ramps; August 19th, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
Ice Ramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #4
back and to the left

Well then, I'm Clint, I'm 19, and I was born and raised in New Jersey. I've been ice skating and inline skating forever, and I've been playing hockey on ice and street since I was 10. I also skate aggressive, but I quit for about 3 years before just getting back into it recently.

I've recently been getting new skates - so far I've only ordered some aggressives, but hockey skates are next. I'll probably get CCMs or Bauers, unless I can get some better advice on these boards! I used to skate aggressive on some K2 125s that I killed, so I'll be riding Xsjado Stockwells in like 3-4 business days.

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum!
back and to the left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Gr8Sk8er

Default Old Skule

I bought my first pair of roller skates in 1984. I used to skate all the time on the esplanade in Boston ( where I'm originally from ). Moved out to CA in 93 and brought my skates with me. I would skate around the neighborhood. I got an iPod for Christmas '04. Since that time I have been dancing on the basketball court at the local sports park.

Having the time of my life.
Gr8Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Amy's_Keeper
former mr4tc bd racer

Default How have I not ssen this before?!

My name is Jay, well I go by Jay. 18, living in SoCal, wishing I could be with the love of my life in Indiana . Ive been rollerblading since i was 6-7 and rollerskating since i can remember. I hate long walks on the beach, I'm a Libra, and I'm obsessed with a pink stuffed dog, it's creepy
Old September 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #7
itan69

Ok, my name is Italo (really!) and i'm from Italy . I'm 36 yo and it's almost an year that i'm skating.
In the beginning i used to make fitness but i've just bought a pair of Salomon Deflector2 (I know, not the top but really good for me) so i've found out the fun and joy of freeskating .

I'd like push my limit a little bit more with ramps or pools (i gor even a pair of street skates; Roces but don't know the model) but i work on my own and something broken could be a really bad thing....but one day or another...

For me it's a real pleasure meet so many people (ok, on the other side of the planet) with the same interest.

Keep on skating and have fun!
Ita
itan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #8
Ice Ramps

Italo,

Italia? Dove? Sono Pattini in Padova e tu?

Anyway the name is Dale just turned 37 and loved skating in Italy esp Padova but I'm back in the US now.

Happy skating
Dale
Ice Ramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #9
Guru

I'm 30 and have never done any skating of any kind. I do ride a bike, and have chatted with a local skate group. Skating seemed just as fast and fun as biking. So, I bought a pair of skates. I been on them about 6 hours. One hour of which was a free instructional class. I been reading about the drills and such.
I'm still scared, and I can't stop, or turn. How long will this take? Does everyone eventually get it? Because, I don't feel very confident.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #10
rachelannfournier

Smile Hello!

Hi, my name is Rachel. I live in Upstate New York. I've been session skating once a week for about 6 months now. Before this I hadn't skated since I was 17. I'm just an average skater, but I do enjoy it immensely. It's been great making new friends at the rink. I also enjoy sitting and watching all the faster and better skaters out there. We have one skater who went to National Championships. So it's been a ball!
rachelannfournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #11
rachelannfournier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I'm 30 and have never done any skating of any kind. I do ride a bike, and have chatted with a local skate group. Skating seemed just as fast and fun as biking. So, I bought a pair of skates. I been on them about 6 hours. One hour of which was a free instructional class. I been reading about the drills and such.
I'm still scared, and I can't stop, or turn. How long will this take? Does everyone eventually get it? Because, I don't feel very confident.
Are you trying to skate with quads or inlines? I know what you're saying. I remember the very first time I tried to skate at a rink and two people had to hold me up! I'm kind of a slow learner, and it took me quite a few weeks of skating every Friday and Saturday night before I could even skate on my own. But if you're naturally athletic and coordinated(unlike me), you'll probably do real well. Good luck!
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #12
maherwoman
Chatterbox Queen

Hey guys!

My name is Rosie, and I'm a 26 yr old wife and mother, and I live in Southern California. I've recently gotten back into skating after about ten years of a break (due mostly to having my daughter and waiting for the opportune time to introduce her to skating).

We started going skating at a local rink about a month ago, and have discovered that all three of us share an immense love for skating. I want to take skating to another level (possibly semi-pro), but we all three certainly have a huge amount of fun out there in the rink just skating for fun!!

The rink we go to is wonderful, too. The people working there are such a great, friendly group of people. Why, one of the men that works there is even busy building me a GREAT pair of skates from a pair of boots he wore himself (but found to be just a tad the wrong size) that have had hardly any use at all! They're so close to being done...I'm so excited! He offered to build them for me the first night we went, too. Great people!

Anyway, there you go...that's who I am!

See you guys around the forum!

[FONT="Verdana"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]"All my possessions for a moment of time." --Queen Elizabeth I, last words[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
maherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #13
gbo
once faster than a wocket

welcome aboard, maherwoman.

So, will you tell us what 'maherwoman' means? If it isn't a deep dark secret. And, if it is, just make something up and I'll be happy.

geri
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #14
Waleria

Hi everyone!!
My name is Waleria, 15 years old, I'm form Germany and play rink hockey since 7 years. I love sport more than everything else!! Especially HOCKEY !!( I am goalkeeper).
I have found this forum some time ago and it looks really exciting! But it's really difficult to get to the chatroom on Sunday because of the timedifference between Germany and California (here it is 4-5 am!).
Anyway, I'm searching a team and a familly in California for next year, 'cause I want to go to study there for one year and also learn something about the 'Amarican Way of Life' and the hockey So if anyone could give me an advice to find something, please tell me!

bye and see ya guys!!
-Waleria
Waleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #15
aktive edwards

whats up! im aktive edwards and ive been skating for a month i think. ive always had the interest for it but i was scared to fall a break my face. then i said "whatever" and went ahead. so far, its pretty much all i think about besides school music God and girlfriend. from Ohio but i live in Pa now. hopefully i get good enough this fall and winter so when spring come i can show off and go to parks. peace.
aktive edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #16
maherwoman
Chatterbox Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo View Post
welcome aboard, maherwoman.

So, will you tell us what 'maherwoman' means? If it isn't a deep dark secret. And, if it is, just make something up and I'll be happy.

geri
It's my last name, hehe. It's just something I've used as a nickname since my husband and I started dating.

Thanks for the welcome!

[FONT="Verdana"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]"All my possessions for a moment of time." --Queen Elizabeth I, last words[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
maherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #17
jlerp

Hello all. My name is Lisa, a 39 yo engineering manager in Indiana I've been fitness skating off and on for the past few years. I started back in earnest this summer and lost 30 lbs. Earlier this month, I did the North Shore half marathon and am looking forward to doing the full next year. Nice to meet everyone.
jlerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:26 AM   #18
fablemaker2
Pathological skater

RachelAnnFournier, what part of upstate NY are you from? Farmington (near Rochester) here. We go to xdreams skatepark (East Rochester) a lot, plus Hilton and Onondaga.
fablemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #19
rachelannfournier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fablemaker2 View Post
RachelAnnFournier, what part of upstate NY are you from? Farmington (near Rochester) here. We go to xdreams skatepark (East Rochester) a lot, plus Hilton and Onondaga.
I live in Sidney, NY and skate at Interskate 88 in Oneonta.
Old September 30th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #20
TRS-SKATER
***** Leprochaun xD

Hi im marcus im irish and i aggresive skate and im hoping to get sponserd
by katalic clothing in 1-2 years

Last edited by Kathie Fry; September 30th, 2006 at 05:53 PM.
TRS-SKATER is offline   Reply With Quote