S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old March 26th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Default My Very First Time with Cones

At last, I put out some cones. Got a new pair of skates last August, broke them in, mostly skated big miles in them but now and then practice some slalom moves in parking lots without cones. Due to terrible weather the past 3 weeks, I set up MY HOUSE as a rink for slalom practice, out of sheer desperation, and put out the cones. Worked out pretty well.

This is my FIRST time using cones and my FIRST time on rockered wheels in 10 years. I do have 50 years experience skating including hockey defenseman, so I do know my way around on skates for sure.

Enjoy my first time!

https://vimeo.com/160455743

This is what pushed me into skating inside the house:

Old April 1st, 2016, 02:23 AM   #2
mass_quads
Addicted

Nice. I tried cones the other night for the first time. I thought I was pretty good at weaving until I tried to do it between obstacles. I need to do some cone drills
mass_quads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 05:04 PM   #3
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass_quads View Post
Nice. I tried cones the other night for the first time. I thought I was pretty good at weaving until I tried to do it between obstacles. I need to do some cone drills
Nice thing about practicing in the house, I don't have to worry about little rocks and twigs taking me down, and the wood floor is much nicer to fall on that concrete. I actually wear wrist guards and a multi-impact skate helmet due to sharp counter tops and the corners of wood furniture adding danger.

I fell once last week, hit both wrist guards and the back of my helmet. The palm of my hand is bruised (hurt cycling to work today) but otherwise I am pristine. Oh, my neck is a little sore from trying to keep my head off the ground. I think the thickness of the helmet actually increased the impact but very, very minor tap on the floor anyway. I am much more worried about the corners of the granite counter tops than the floor.