S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #1
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default Challenge To Make Your First Post In This Forum

If you have just joined our forum or even if you have been lurking a while, please consider making your first post by telling us a little about yourself in one or more of these discussions:

Last edited by Kathie Fry; April 26th, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Jon B.
Adamant Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
If you have just joined our forum or even if you have been lurking a while, please consider making your first post by telling us a little about yourself in one or more of these discussions:

Show Us a Picture of Your Underpants
Wise guy(gal). You got me. I'm saying to myself: "I never saw that thread".
I feel like such a perv. JB
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Quote:
Show Us a Picture of Your Underpants
"I never saw that thread".
LOL... and were you going to share a picture of yours????

That reminds me of a funny story. One 4th of July I was skating in Venice Beach taking pictures of the goings-on, and I started shooting pics of some guys hanging over the railing of an outdoor pub. I was shouting directions like "can you get closer together", or "stand under that sign", "wave", etc. My last direction was "OK, now everybody drop your pants". It was suppose to be a JOKE... but one guy did it!!! Probably because he had on some very flashy boxer shorts. Off to dig out that photo...

- Kathie

Last edited by Kathie Fry; January 1st, 2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #4
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Found it!

Last edited by Kathie Fry; December 9th, 2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #5
lee-mcdonald
the best member

hahahahahaha
lee-mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #6
janneman

Default woooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B. View Post
Wise guy(gal). You got me. I'm saying to myself: "I never saw that thread".
woooo but jon, you're at least man enough to admid.

i think we need such a thread - and see how many views it gets

you got me too, kathie. one point for you. a big one
Old December 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #7
janneman

Default show us your...

Now I recently read that some people also are eager to show us their battlescars...
yet another idea for a thread ?
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:56 AM   #8
Ice Ramps

Battle scars? hmmm well the only one skating related is the 1" scar on my left knee where I had the heel of my right skate/blade slide right under my knee cap when I was like 12 years old.

Dale
Ice Ramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #9
Jibberish18

I'd totally take a pic of boxer briefs! I'm sure others would too. We've got a pretty gutsy crowd around these here parts.
Jibberish18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #10
Smartin
Cerebrally Dismembered

I COULD show a pic of my underpants, but another member of the forum is wearing them in the photo
Smartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #11
fierocious1

LOL
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #12
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
I COULD show a pic of my underpants, but another member of the forum is wearing them in the photo
I could stand to see you in your underpants..........
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 11:33 PM   #13
302efi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
I'll bite

The reason I skate is its just part of what I did as a kid growing up. From working at a few locals rinks, to meeting my wife of 16 years there..and now our daugther is a skater as well.

Can't stop, won't stop !

Kathie, thanks for accepting me on board !
Old December 29th, 2015, 05:10 PM   #14
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

I'm willing to bet that if smartin were to post a pic of her in her undies we would get more post!!!!lol
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:31 AM   #15
80sSkatingUnicorn
Just call me Michelle

Red face *is a bit shy*

Um, hi, I'm Michelle.
I didn't skate very much when I was little. Mostly because there really wasn't any place to do it.
But I just moved to Brooklyn last year and found out that there was a roller rink in the park that hosts roller discos. I want to join in on the fun so I decided to take up roller skating lessons there.
It's a lot of fun but I don't really know anybody else who's into roller skating so that's why I'm here.
80sSkatingUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 04:41 PM   #16
JMCLAUGHLIN

Good Day to all. I'm Jodie. I have been skating somewhere around 20 years. About 8 years ago, I had to give it up due to a bad injury to my ankle. (6 screws). Had to teach myself how to walk again. I skated when I was a kids at the local rink in Orlando, FL. Loved it. That was the place to be every weekend. As time goes on you start doing other things. Eventually I got a job as a floor guard at a rink over in Cocoa Beach. I had a few opportunities come my way. Speed team and street skating teams had looked into me. But had a hard time as a kid to commit to anything in live. Now i am 39, I am married with 2 kids and a wife. I just recently got back into skating heavily. I have 3 pair of skates. Icon, R3 and a new pair of Bont Semi-Race Skates. My Icon are not fitting well, so I am giving them to a friend. My Riedell R3's are doing well. I will live with those for awhile. My Bonts are new after a big issue with my VNLA Empire Inlines. Which they blew my off on a legit warranty claim. But anyways. I am glad and happy to be apart of the forum and cant wait to read the topics on here. Thank you.
JMCLAUGHLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 11:20 PM   #17
boamraces
extreme roller

welcome jodi. Sounds like you got yourself some nice skates. I loved my bont semi races, great skates. Did u you get the 110mm versions? Bont is a great company and good choice for a speed boot. Im going to be looking into the bont pursuits this summer. Where do you skate now?
Old February 1st, 2017, 02:19 PM   #18
JMCLAUGHLIN

I have the 110 Bont Semi-Race. Most of the time I skate around my subdivision. Large community I live it. I am anywhere from 3 to 10 miles daily. I want to double that. Still working on that. Just need to break my Bonts in. As for my quads I skate at either Semoran Skateway or Astro Skate Center. Both great places. Wood floors. You can get some great speed on them.
I like the Bont Pursuits. I was looking into them too for a later date. Right now my next skate is going to be Bont Protege quad skate. Just need to budget myself and buy.
JMCLAUGHLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:19 AM   #19
MikeyG90

Default Hi :)

Hi, I'm Mike! I'm from Mission, Texas and I'm just getting back into skating after about 22yrs. I recently bought a pair of Powerslide Imperial Super Cruisers. I immediately swapped the 110mm wheels to 125mm. I skate for fun and fitness about 3 times a week. I'm married with a beautiful wife who is a competitive CrossFit athlete, a 4yr old daughter and 1 month old son. I'm happy to find a skating forum to be able to talk to fellow skate enthusiasts like me.
MikeyG90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 01:32 AM   #20
DoublePushDave

Default New Member Here

Hi everybody! My name is Dave and I live in Lexington, Ky. I was introduced to skating when I was about 4 or 5 after a short-lived attempt at joining an ice hockey team. Although the ice hockey didn't last long, it was enough to wind up with a pair of rollerblades so that I could practice at home. I was never a serious inline skater growing up and only used them on occasion but still enjoyed them enough to keep buying new pairs as my feet grew. I quit using them when I went to college in 2010 but pulled out the old skates about a year ago when I was looking for a better way to get exercise and get in shape. One skate in my old blades had me researching new skates for an upgrade.

First I got the rollerblade tempest 100 because I was nervous about increasing the wheel height, but as soon as I got a few skates in I was back online researching the 3x125's I had seen. Thats when I ordered the powerslide grand prix setup, which was great at first but overtime the consistent heel slippage that I had using them gave me a huge lump on the back of my heel on the outer edge of the achilles. I wanted to use the 125 setup on the boots from the tempest 100 because I knew they wouldn't give me that issue but they were stolen from my car . I used the grand prix setup for 6 months until I finally realized the problem was going to keep getting worse to the point that I wouldn't be able to skate at all if I didn't switch. After ordering the rollerblade tempest 3WD 125 setup it only took me about 1 month to realize that what I really wanted was a low-cuff speed boot. I chose the luigino bolt skates and I think they are pretty awesome. Really comfortable after one mold and helps me have a greater range of motion when working on the double push.

There aren't a lot of options when it comes to skating in Lex, Ky but there are a handful of paved bike paths worth skating. I usually try to get in at least a half marathon when I skate, since my goal is to build up my endurance for one of the marathons this year. I basically just love to skate for fun, fitness, and because the endless opportunity to improve my technique and gain more speed ignites that competitive drive. Being able to go faster throughout the length of the trail or maintain a certain speed over the toughest climbs or turns just because it is more fun that way makes me want to get out there and keep it up. I love the feeling of skating and I know it's even better if I can manage to go even faster for longer!

So, time for a few pics of my skates. Took these right before I went out for a skate with my new wheels tonight

DoublePushDave is offline   Reply With Quote