S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old March 20th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #61
snailmont5oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I thought so and the pivot pins would keep everything located making the magnets have a consistent position in relation to the trucks since the truck are supported. But a little weight too would depend on how powerful of magnets you are working with. I have some that are very powerful and are very small. 3 magnets per truck is what I had in mind as well, all set up opposing.
I was thinking of two pairs, small but powerful, set up to attract each other, because magnetism falls off very quickly over distance. The overall feel would be a kind of a "detent" on-center, which then became easier to steer off center. The feel of the three-magnet-opposing setup would be less force on center, then it would increase some, then the magnet would help with the turn.

I think I would use oil-impregnated bronze bushings instead of bearings in the truck pivots. First of all, the bushings can probably be ordered in the exact size and shape needed. I would order the bushings to be a slight interference fit in the truck, heat the trucks up a little in the oven and freeze the bushings, drop them in, and have an interference fit when the temperature normalized. My next choice would be something like Delrin. Second, there isn't a lot of motion there, but a lot of load, so one could see some brinelling due to the bearing elements constantly beating on the same spot. Interference-fit oil-impregnated bronze solves all the issues.

Last edited by snailmont5oh; March 20th, 2017 at 09:55 PM.
snailmont5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 05:10 PM   #62
pjmariner
Thinkin' of a master plan

Default How about soloflex styled resistance bands??

If we are outside box thinking, ditch the butterfly cushions, and locate resistance bands on each side of the truck and the base of the plate, one on each side of trucks...

Big question is what to use for restiance band.

Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:11 AM   #63
brian5249

Hey guy this is my first post and have been keeping up with all the Arius post since I had some skates built before I looked into what people are saying about them. My skates arrived today and kinda excited to try them out and put my 2 cents in on how they ride. And also how do you post pics I don't see that I'm able to.
brian5249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:24 AM   #64
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Here ya go.

Tags
arius, cushions, custom, mod