S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old March 15th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #21
leshomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeBeGB View Post
Mine are 50mm hubs
And are highly recommended
Old March 15th, 2016, 04:20 PM   #22
Kennedy
Go fast, turn left

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBones View Post
I was digging around in the basement today looking for something else and saw a box up in the rafters that read "Premo Deano's" (SP) so I had to open it up. AND Voila! Enough of the old "tire" molds for the Primo Deano hubs. I know there are some people out there with these hubs, or newly machined ones out there... Should we be back into the tire biz again? Your thoughts....
A few years ago, I would have said YES! YES! YES! I even e-mailed and talked to Bones people at events about remaking the Deanos.

But, that was when there were no good wheels on the market. People were emptying their bank accounts buying old stock that showed up on ebay. People were ready to fist fight over ebay listings for Wicked Lips. I sold a set of unused Deano tires on used hubs for around $400. They sold in just a few minutes after being listed. The wheel market was crazy for a while.

In today's market, there are more wheel choices than ever thanks to derby. Sure Grip has brought some great wheels to market, so has Atom, Juice, Faster, Radar, Aussie Scott, Bont, even Bones just to name a few.

That being said, I would still buy a set or two of new Deanos for my vintage setups.
Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 10:08 AM   #23
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbkwikn View Post
I cant see the point in making a 55 mm hub only to make a 70 / 80mm outdoor wheel.For an even smaller market.
Make a 50mm hub and use it for all wheels 62-70-80.
Rollerbones. Really dont waste your time.
Make a small run limited edition one duro only collector Deanno tire....
Its cool that you still have the molds though.
A 50mm hub is no good for a 62mm wheel. The urethane layer becomes too thin. Even 65mm is marginal for a 50mm hub to make sure it has enough grip strength on the hub.

I would still buy a 50mm hub Deano II reissue though, as long as the bigger sized OD tires were available for outdoor use with them.

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; May 14th, 2016 at 03:23 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #24
ALBERT.PACO

Hi all,

I have seen recently this thread.

If you enjoy of the Scott Corey tires for Deano, you can see my hubs that are compatible Deano but with a lot of improvements vs the original plastic hubs.

Even for two type of bearing (608 and 688 micro bearing)

http://skatelogforum.com/forums/show...t=49469&page=8

Regards from Spain,
Paco.
ALBERT.PACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:05 PM   #25
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
There isn't ever a market for anything until you make it. Look at redbull, and what they have essentially pioneered. The energy drink craze.
I realize this is a few months old, but Jolt was out before Red Bull
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM   #26
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I realize this is a few months old, but Jolt was out before Red Bull

Lol, true, but no one can claim the advancement for maketing as "energy" drinks go as redbull can, monster is up there now, but without redbull, where would they be?
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #27
oldspeedskater67
"Old school style"

Any update on deano's. I would buy a couple sets.
Old March 10th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #28
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspeedskater67 View Post
Any update on deano's. I would buy a couple sets.
Get your tires from Scott and your hubs from Paco! Great combination! With the micro bearings same weight as the original plastic hubs but better roll.

Do you ever make it to the adult skate at Beechmont?

Old August 22nd, 2017, 07:48 PM   #29
ALBERT.PACO

Hi everybody.

Some years ago (2012) I started my own project for to do a replaceable aluminium hub compatible with Deano tires and two models of hubs, one for 608/627 bearing and another for 688/167 micro bearings.

That year, I have hear that a guy in Australia (AussieScott in this forum) made his Super Ds tires for Deano hubs but these Deano hubs is hard
to find.

Im an old quad speed skater at international level and I know the Deano hubs because in some international races in Europe I have seen, on the start line, the USA team skating with Deanos but here in Spain (Europe) these hubs and tires were very hard to find and too expensive.

I have raced with Vanguard Fanjet, Vanguard 200 meter and mainly with Italian Faster (Faster brand) wheels, the best Italian wheels in that times.

With the peoples help on this forum I have made an aluminium replaceable hub compatible with Deano tires but with a lot of improvements over the
original plastic hubs and with only about 4 grams plus than Deano hub.

For the last of September, I will start my own small enterprise and I will run another batch of hubs that Im doing at this moment with my machinist.

Congratulations! by the find of your original mold and I will send you a PM for to talk about this.

See the pictures for my current model of hubs.

Regards,
Paco.
ALBERT.PACO is offline   Reply With Quote