S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old February 9th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #1
NorCal03

Question Comfy Boots?

Hey guys, just want to get some input on Comfort. Need to take a poll of the gang on here:
1) I know you guys are going to jump in and say BONT (yep, I have Bonts, I like them too; but this quest for comfortable boots is for the wife)
2) Wife already has 2 sets of Bonts BUT they hurt her feet and I don't like her sitting more than skating.
3) Already tried to put in insoles, etc but no fix. She still says 'can't feel my feet, pain, arch, heels, ugh!)
4) She had Rock GT-50 previously and they were not painful and I may have to buy her another set (gave her's to a nephew) but I'd like her to have a nicer level set up with that same comfort level.

*Yes, she has MANY, MANY shoes and never complains about issues with shoes

Ok, let the recommendations begin
Old February 9th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #2
cass38a

Footy boots
cass38a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #3
isobelsk8

I believe the Rebel boot is similar in comfort to the Rock and there are more plate package options with the rebel so you could get a higher end skate. I got the rebel for the comfort but do get some foot pain in my right foot although I am quite flat footed so I think an insert with some arch support might resolve this. They are certainly more comfortable out of the box over other skates I tried on.
isobelsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #4
pavement

For comfort I say 951......no break in....no counters...and a big toe box. About as comfortable as u can get.
Old February 9th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #5
JorisKB

Any basketball shoes. Choose one made for sport, not a street sneaker looking liKe a sport shoe.
JorisKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Boarddesign

My wife loves her 126's. I've been jealous of her comfort, I've had a long haul getting my 595's to break in / feel good. She just put hers on the first time and said "these feel great"!
Boarddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #7
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Some Riedell Redline??
Old February 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Jazzy

I've heard skaters on the Brooklyn Skate Company boots really love them and they're super comfortable.
Old February 9th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #9
Pikaia

Would the Riedell B/AA last suit her foot? I like my 495s, but I find the new Riedell Blue Streak really comfy, especially the toe box. It's a essentially a redline, but with a blue line (and without the redline upcharge). Note that it runs 1/2 to 1 whole size large compared to most Riedell boots.

I did try the Brooklyn Skate Company Murillos. The toe area felt very pinched/confined, but I've got somewhat squared off toes.
Pikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #10
Gorilla

If she liked the sure Grip Boots, why not get a nicer sure grip boot? I am guessing what she liked was the width and padding. In that case, consider The Sure-Grip S55. It is leather, stitched to a leather sole, so it will last a lot longer than previous sure-grip boots. The tongue and inside are pretty padded.

Another boot that gets consistent "thumbs up" in terms of comfort is the Vanillas Renegade. I have sol a lot of these! Leather outer stitched to a rubber sole. Padded linings.
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #11
NorCal03

Sounds like so far we have:
Soccer shoes
Redlines
Brooklyn Skate Company boots
Riedell Blue Streak
Sure-Grip S55
Might take a look at the footy boots for outdoor but def not indoor as she likes a understated, clean look and the soccer shoes are usually a bit bold.
Those 951s could be built in all black so that might be a winner. And that Blue Streak looks good but wonder if it is the same break in as the regular 595s. My 595s took a while to break in (it was over 30 years ago and I can still remember the pain) Love them however it was tough.
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #12
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Thumbs up Those Brooklyn Boots Were Very Understated Looking...

And they are a quite respected name in the art boot industry & look like a real quality boot...

I've heard they were quite comfortable as well, but I'm leery of glowing reviews from Derby Noobs who have only skated a R3 or something...

Derrick......
MR SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 02:17 AM   #13
Jazzy

The skaters I know on them have 5+ years of skating and have been in 3-4 different kinds of boots. But boot comfort is definitely a personal choice.
Old February 11th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #14
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Question Hey Norcal...

What is it about the wifeys Bonts that hurt her?

I've had a couple pairs of the traditional cut Glass & Carbon Quad Racers & frankly the top edge of the boot rubbed right on my ankle bones, however my Lowcut Closed toebox Carbon Bonts are the BEST!

Have you considered Altamura's? Mine were super comfy with no "Counters" as we know them...

Now my XL 35 Oberhamers & Cloth Tag 195's are just setting around waiting...

Derrick......
MR SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #15
Pikaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal03 View Post
And that Blue Streak looks good but wonder if it is the same break in as the regular 595s.
Can't say personally (yet), but I'd guess the break in won't be bad as long as they suit her foot shape. Like the redline boots, the Blue Streak boot is made from Riedell's softer Kango-Tan (whatever that means) leather, so they should be a lot softer than your 595s were.

FWIW, I have super sensitive feet and had zero break-in time with my non-redline (regular leather) 495s, though I do wear 2mm eZeefits with them. But I'm pretty sure that's because the boot is a good fit for my foot, and not because the boot is somehow superior to all others.
Pikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #16
Edward Williams
Still Learning...

If you're looking for a low top boot I can't help you. I do know that the Riedell 220 is the most comfortable skate boot i've ever owned. More comfortable than many of the shoes I own.
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #17
NorCal03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SHELBY View Post
What is it about the wifeys Bonts that hurt her?

I've had a couple pairs of the traditional cut Glass & Carbon Quad Racers & frankly the top edge of the boot rubbed right on my ankle bones, however my Lowcut Closed toebox Carbon Bonts are the BEST!

Have you considered Altamura's? Mine were super comfy with no "Counters" as we know them...

Now my XL 35 Oberhamers & Cloth Tag 195's are just setting around waiting...

Derrick......
Arch pain, heel pain and the smaller toes go numb. (with or without footbeds) Took the footbeds from her custom set up running shoes (sort of like a superfeet, if you use those)

Last edited by NorCal03; February 12th, 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: if (not 'is')
NorCal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #18
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal03 View Post
Arch pain, heel pain and the smaller toes go numb. (with or without footbeds) Took the footbeds from her custom set up running shoes (sort of like a superfeet is you use those)
Thinking a footy boot won't give proper support (a foot conditioned to skating will allow for loose soles) and the bont might just be a block of wood as far as some feet go, does the bont have a heel and does she require one, a good orthotic is a good start in a good boot, but if the boot won't become supple and shape to the foot but require the foot to shape to the boot (think any inline skate) might be time to try a nice leather boot, but what about the heel?
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boots, comfort