S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old January 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #1
more beef

Question boot choosing.

ok guys i need help picking a new boot. my limit is about $300. im thinking of getting either: bont jet(2 point), canariam signo, luigino strut, lugino attitude, or cado motus pro.
any help would be welcomed!!!
more beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #2
skategael

as a fairly-new-to-inlines skater, here is my advice, based on asking similar question.....though it will drive you crazy in the end

within your budget, make a list (or use what you already posted as your list), start searching on this forum with the search tool by boot you are interested in, look for what people are saying about fit, support, durability.....what I found is that people are fiercely loyal to brand BUT not every brand will necessarily have a good fit for YOUR foot! example - I know Bont is an excellent brand BUT when I had a stock boot sent in my size to try on, it was clear within 10 minutes that that boot would NEVER work for MY foot (then I wrote the rep that sent it to me and explained what I thought the problem was and even she had to admit it was probably not going to be able to be heat molded into working for MY foot). Some people get down on Luiginos, but I have found that that happens to be a boot that (in the right size....cuz my first one wasnt) works great -- for MY foot (would be even better if I could plump my heels up a bit...LOL). I get what some people's complaints have been about them, I just don't happen to have that same complaint. Do you skate with anyone that has a similar foot size/shape to yours? May ask them what their experience has been.

All that being said......I skate with some very elite skaters, many who have CUSTOM boots who still have issues with them! They've had numbness, rubs, etc. Some days, these things are just miserable to have on and that seems to be for everyone. I guess if we really just wanted comfort we'd all go back to skating on quads, cuz what's not comfy about a quad boot, right?!

Anyway, I hope you find a good boot for you and, if you are not brand new to this, I am sorry I took it to a "brand new to this" level. This boot search thing just seems like it can be a "drive you crazy" process for alot of us.
skategael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Stevbrdly
Tarry Hall

what size foot you got? i have a size 10 3 pt apache that im selling boot n frames for less than 300. fits like a size 12 street shoe
Stevbrdly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #4
krisapin
Darth Sk8r

you can try & convince JimmyB from Pinnacle Racing to come up to the Luigino Wichita winter classic. he was thinking about coming up & giving 100 off. and it gives you a legit excuse to go to a speed meet.
krisapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

fit is king. the one that fits best will probably be best for you in the long run.
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #6
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

You can always look into the shankel boots to.

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #7
asteele.19

What skategal said is totally spot on. It's all in the fit. alsO,I've got some size 10 powerslide c4s for sale if your interested
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #8
more beef

i wear a size 9 but would like 1 size bigger so i can use them longer ( i grow out of shoes in about 4-6 months) id rather go 2 point because i realy dont have the cash to get a new frame.
more beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #9
asteele.19

Pm me if your interested in that boot
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #10
Brianwheelies
Fun on 2 wheels or eight!

I have a size 10 Rollerblade Racemachine that I would let go for a song. 2010 model. PM me if interested. They will collect dust otherwise.
Brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #11
tiramisu515
Endurance*Speed*Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by more beef View Post
ok guys i need help picking a new boot. my limit is about $300. im thinking of getting either: bont jet(2 point), canariam signo, luigino strut, lugino attitude, or cado motus pro.
any help would be welcomed!!!
you can consider, Schankel new boot Blade or like what I am wearing, Viol II. Very good quality and firm.
tiramisu515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boots, pick