S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old September 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1
QuetzalPhoenix

Default Edea Fly (Roller boot) - thoughts/reviews?

Howdy,

I'm really interested in trying these boots out as they seem to be extremely popular.

Is there anyone who has skated on Edea Fly's who can give me their thoughts and opinions of the boot? E.g. ease of breaking in, comfortable, stays tightly laced, worth the money (durablility of boot, etc), appearance lol. Anything really

All thoughts and opinions from skaters skating or those who have previously skated on these boots are welcome!
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Molydomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuetzalPhoenix View Post
Is there anyone who has skated on Edea Fly's who can give me their thoughts and opinions of the boot? E.g. ease of breaking in, comfortable, stays tightly laced, worth the money (durablility of boot, etc), appearance lol.
QP

I am not a skater but a skater mum. Both my kids use Flys and they love them. I don't think they had any problems with breaking them in. It is hard keeping my daughter's boots clean as the mesh seems to trap dirt a bit and the white shows it up (my son's black boots don't seem to have this problem). On the other hand, unlike other Edea boot you can use any brand of shoe whitener as they *are* white not "gun-ray".

The problem is that the Flys are "marmite" boots - you either love them or hate them. My kids even do dance in theirs!
Molydomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #3
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuetzalPhoenix View Post
Howdy,

I'm really interested in trying these boots out as they seem to be extremely popular.

Is there anyone who has skated on Edea Fly's who can give me their thoughts and opinions of the boot? E.g. ease of breaking in, comfortable, stays tightly laced, worth the money (durablility of boot, etc), appearance lol. Anything really

All thoughts and opinions from skaters skating or those who have previously skated on these boots are welcome!
they are stiff and restrictive around the ankles for footwork and backwards skating depending on what type of skating you want to do. they are very comfortable and supportive.
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #4
artskater14

i broke my flys.... they carbon fiber around my ankles just separated and now they are like dance boot, i am 210 pounds and 6 foot 4 and practice about 25 hours a week, so that may be why, even though i only bought them at the 2010 US nationals!!!!!!

hoope this helps a little

Tags
boots, buy, edea, fly, italy