S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old July 2nd, 2014, 05:27 AM   #1
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Weed/Alcohol/Oxi/Cocaine/Other and Skating

Hi ALL,

I think this affects all of us, me too, OR we long term skaters have seen it and disavow any personal attachment.

With timing so critical in skating fast and clever and just staying up and tall against all obstacles including other skaters.

Why do some you know, or Why do you come to skating NOT on best of abilities?

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. The same thing could be said about posting on SLF yet hey not this Topic
Old July 2nd, 2014, 10:49 AM   #2
larryoracing

Smile Dave where did you come up with this post?

Wow Dave you told me not to get sucked into these conversations for fear of getting kicked off this board. But then you go and post something like this. Are you not feeling well today? You must be encountering drugs at your skating arena. Call the cops and get rid of these people now.

To tell you the truth I have not seen drugs at any skating rink. People are just having a good time. In fact at Skate Depot, I have to go home early many times, because I just canít keep up with the skaters, but I have not seen drugs in a long time at the skating rink, work or in my leisure life.

I donít get out much and I am pretty much a loner...lol!

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

P.S. And I will try to be a little better in my posts. I don't want get kicked off or make anybody's life miserable.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 03:20 PM   #3
40SumTing
New SoCal Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Why do some you know, or Why do you come to skating NOT on best of abilities?
The rink I go to sells alcohol but I've only seen a few of the advanced skaters partake.

As far as weed/alcohol goes I think you're missing the social aspect of skating. There's a lot of socializing at my rink; people skate around in 2s or 3s just chatting away. Then there are others that come in high and just do their "groove" around the rink. They are totally in their own world.

I don't understand the use of the other performance "reducing" drugs though. I can see getting mellow with weed/alcohol, but coke? And from what I know about Oxi...you get too muddle brained to do much of anything.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 03:28 PM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Back a few years ago, when I could ACTUALLY go hard, primarily at Fountain Valley, I was having a spell of aches and pains that were really annoying. I'd mix a STRONG rum and coke, get to the rink early and drink it parked in the lot. Worked fine for me. Took the edge off. I skated fine, in my backward style. Also sometimes, the old guy crew over at Holiday will hang out in the parking lot before session. If someone has something, most of us take a swig. No big deal. Particularly as it is an adult session, and seldom gets crowded, much less TOO crowded.

Lol, I actually wrote about this on the blog thread some years ago. The most "drunk" I have ever been on the floor was a day I was not drunk at all. I had a cold, but wanted to skate, but was very groggy. I had a pepsi, it perked me up to skate, but I still had grogginess. I had some close calls, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have never gotten that bad on the handful of occasions that I have drunk before session.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 03:28 AM   #5
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Pot gives new meaning to the term, "high rollers".
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:33 AM   #6
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default wrong thread delete

oops, wrong thread.
Old July 5th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #7
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Why the idea for this tread

Hi Larry, All

First repost to Larry's first Good Question.

Actually it was a post back from another SLF member who seemed 'Off his mark' that reminded me of drugged up skaters.

Recently up here in Mass, we had one younger lady, getting closer to us in age, that I saw spaced out from Drugs at a session skate. I mean this gal is a good/great skater and fast when on the mark. We up here in the Boston area know her. Yet she was in the doldrums and I could see she was drugged in the middle of the session and at the end. I was going to ask her to do the fast back_across which she does well as speed, yet she was in no condition to even talk.

I have also seen other skaters boozed up as all get out flopping on the floor. As long as they don't hurt themselves rink management does not eject them.

Also Roller Jam in NJersey (Staten Island) was on my mind.. They allow alcohol (C2H60) Sootshe for short, on the skate floor.

Much more for why I asked.

Old July 5th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #8
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Advanced Skaters have Learned (maybe)

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40SumTing View Post
The rink I go to sells alcohol but I've only seen a few of the advanced skaters partake. o - o As far as weed/alcohol goes I think you're missing the social aspect of skating. There's a lot of socializing at my rink; people skate around in 2s or 3s just chatting away. Then there are others that come in high and just do their "groove" around the rink. They are totally in their own world..
I do agree drugs are a social aspect of the current USA. How we degenerated past alcohol is interesting. And we are moving to Weed Farms as a commodity for profit, and legalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40SumTing View Post
The rink I go to sells alcohol but I've only seen a few of the advanced skaters partake. o -o

OK it seems like some of the advanced skaters have learned by personal experience or by observation the same thing as me. IF You want to skate and do clever stuff early to late in the session you stay Clean. Anything else cuts your performance and agility.

Yet Again, like my dad used to say, "Why are they so stupid" to do drugs or excessive alcohol prior to skating. What is it about US.

Yours in Skating, Questions, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #9
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default On the Lighter Stoned SideÖ..

Probably the most stoned I have seen a person at a rink, which is to say, not drunk happened at the first or second reunion at Fountain Valley. I think I am going to go with the first one.

There were a LOT of people. One group of girls, early 20ish I would say, one of the girls was on X. Yeah, I am a little more convinced now that is was the first reunion. I and most of the regulars were there to SKATE, and many of the past skaters had skill. It was almost an advanced skate night.

Well anyway, there were these very cute twins. One was straight, and the other was HIGH AS A KITE. She was skating fine. Fell only once, but was not running into people or was out of control. But she was just gyrating and grooving to the music, smile plastered on her face, making sexy eye contact with all the guys. I'd just smile back at her. NONE of the guys, regular or visitor tried to pick up on her. It was just SO obvious she was very stoned, no guy even tried. Oh, and her skin has a uniform sweat on it, all over. Her friends would corral her off to the side and make her drink water now and then, so they obviously knew what she was on and were making sure she stayed hydrated. Oh, and the OTHER tell that she was on X was, she had to be taken off the floor by her friends or she would have just kept going non-stop. I would just smile every time my gaze happened her way. High as a kite and having a great time, in the company of her friends who were looking after her.
Old July 5th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #10
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Hi Larry, All
First repost to Larry's first Good Question.
Actually it was a post back from another SLF member who seemed 'Off his mark' that reminded me of drugged up skaters.
Recently up here in Mass, we had one younger lady, getting closer to us in age, that I saw spaced out from Drugs at a session skate. I mean this gal is a good/great skater and fast when on the mark. We up here in the Boston area know her. Yet she was in the doldrums and I could see she was drugged in the middle of the session and at the end. I was going to ask her to do the fast back_across which she does well as speed, yet she was in no condition to even talk.
I have also seen other skaters boozed up as all get out flopping on the floor. As long as they don't hurt themselves rink management does not eject them.
Also Roller Jam in NJersey (Staten Island) was on my mind.. They allow alcohol (C2H60) Sootshe for short, on the skate floor.
Much more for why I asked.
This is actually very offensive.
You attack me for no reason whatsoever D/A45manyskatingdramadave, well, your reason is you cannot fathom D/A45 plates and due to your inadequacies you feel it proper to take out your frustrations on other's that don't suffer your inadequacies, not my problem, but when you start accusing others of behavior that you obviously partake of, well that's libel, an offense that can actually be life altering, legally.
If I thought you were a funny guy this would be water under the dam but you are making a vicious personal attack, and I'm a bit surprised, I didn't think you had enough presence of mind to actually have an opinion on anything, all I ever see you post are half baked opinions and incomplete thoughts. Now if you think personally libeling someone isn't a half baked thought, I rest my case.
And as to your accusation, I refer you to your other thread in which I pointed out the absurdity of the accusations, as it was 8:30am when I posted and 12:30pm when you posted, just what is it you imbibe?
If you think you're going to skulk away only to repeat your vicious attacks D/A45manyskatingdramadave, try to complete that thought process and have some sort of realization of the consequences.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #11
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Off Topic Ursle

Hi Ursle, ALL

ALL, Please Ignore this noise and if you have something to add to the topic I started or a comment back on my or another's note please add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
This is act o o
Ursle, Maybe later I will come back to your flaming war. I will only Edit this post and not add another post back to your "ursle's problem". Of note is that years ago I had a SLF guy who didn't like what I wrote and he chased me after every post and strived to put me down. In advance please re read my recent posts and see how I strived to make temporary peace between us. You missed it completely calling me "Troll" I do understand old wounds can run deep.

Old July 6th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #12
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Default Hey ursle

Dave has been acting like a petulant child for some months now.

The best part is that he KEEPS taking shots at people, and it really makes him look like a DB. I was telling someone about a 3 turn and dave mouth off about not listening to a session skater. Best thing to do with dave is leave him ALONE in his one man war. Don't dignify him with any response.
Old July 6th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #13
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Ursle, Maybe later I will come back to your flaming war. I will only Edit this post and not add another post back to your "ursle's problem". Of note is that years ago I had a SLF guy who didn't like what I wrote and he chased me after every post and strived to put me down. In advance please re read my recent posts and see how I strived to make temporary peace between us. You missed it completely calling me "Troll" I do understand old wounds can run deep.

Of course don't say anything, just refer to another thread vaguely and sleaze along. Sorry but unprovoked attacks get results, no I don't think I can handle reading your recent post's, they all are of a similar vein, so why involve me? I'm chasing you??? I didn't start this attack, or your last attack against another innocuous victim. Yer the aggressor, and you don't even know it
So you be nice to the forum and the forum will be nice to you, dude.

So let me see if I have this correct, you're attacking me because some other member, years ago, got pissed off by you, or misunderstood something and well let's be honest, you don't make much sense, and so you attack me?

I don't feel like the aggressor, I don't care what other's opinions are, cease and desist or carry on and "ask for more", matters not

BTW, never had the opportunity to use oxi, what's it like, and mixing it with alcohol?
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #14
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Oh well. I was getting a kick out of Dave making his snide little remarks and no one paying attention to them. Now we see how things develop.
Old July 6th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #15
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Back to the topic - pot is fun. A session without MJ is like popcorn without butter. I don't know about the other stuff mentioned here. All I know is, my girl Mary never hurts me, and anyone who calls her a weed had better be able to take a punch.
Old July 6th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #16
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
Back to the topic - pot is fun. A session without MJ is like popcorn without butter. I don't know about the other stuff mentioned here. All I know is, my girl Mary never hurts me, and anyone who calls her a weed had better be able to take a punch.
I wish I got along with it. Last few times I tried, and we are talking MANY years ago, I got a horrific headache afterwards. So I stay with the occasional rum or whiskey. But I am not supposed to indulge much in liquor because I am on blood thinners. Sometimes you just can't win.

Although, thinking WAAAY back, I don't think I could skate stoned as well as I can buzzed from liquor. I seem to recall it having a more pronounced effect on my motor skills. And since I have drunk much more than I ever smoked, I think I am just used to that more. I can have fun with it and deal with it better in not getting sloppy.
Old July 6th, 2014, 06:37 AM   #17
ThomasHSB

I've learned already from experience that even a couple of beers are a no no for me and skating; I don't have the muscle memory for it yet at this point. Green and me just don't get along. After a few puffs all I want is a couch.
If'n I didn't like her so much I can see where that white girl cold be attractive for skating, particularly for late nights after a full day at work.

In general I think that to be on top of your game in anything you have to be straight but at the same time any extreme activities are going to attract extreme bran types that are attracted to extreme stimulus.
ThomasHSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #18
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHSB View Post
After a few puffs all I want is a couch.
3, 4 years ago, I could drink and usually feel pretty good. More recently, it is hit and miss. I drink the appropriate amount of liquor, and it will either pep me up, dull my aches, and I am good to go, OR, all I want is a couch. Same as you and the green. I just never know when I will get a fun buzz or a sleep buzz.
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #19
Krew76
Banned

I couldn't care whether a person is high on drugs or drunk on the rink. As long as they show no aggression or the chance of injury to themselves or others then i am cool with their choice. I just warn others to keep a wide berth.

It only bothers me when they're skating around careless and recklessly with no regard to other peoples safety. Usually they fall or their mate will push them over and they will hurt themselves, thus "game over man".

If i go to the rink and i am not designated driver, I will drink alcohol. I skate better under the influence, gets me in the zone. No more than 3 pints of Guinness though. I don't skate Paralytic, that is a recipe from disaster!
Krew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:29 AM   #20
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

I don't think the guys I am about to describe would be ok in your book kree76. It was 5 guys and a girl. Came late to a Moonlight Friday session. I mean, like 10:40, giving them 20 minutes to skate. They started out loud and shaky in their skating. Took a few falls, and then, decided they liked falling. Then every 20 seconds, one or two would go down. Singly or together. I mean they were really drunk and flopping on the ground. They were of some danger to others, being speed bumps on the floor. So there was a bit of danger in it. Not for me though. They were so loud and predictable, I had no problem avoiding them. What really caught me funny about all of this was the tweens: The regular teen/pre-teen kids skating. They were APPALLED!!! Look at these people. That is SO dangerous. It was just kind of funny to see them so up in arms about the situation. THey probably would have gotten tossed had they been there an hour before closing. Silly goofy young drunk adults. They all took at least a dozen falls, and were no worse for wear, and the indignant kids. It was a bit dangerous and irresponsible. But, in the end no one was hurt, so I could laugh at it.