S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:37 AM   #1
Angii

Default Looking for roller rink biz stats

I'm looking for fairly recent statistics on operating a roller skating rink. I am writing a business plan for a teen fun center that includes a professional size rink, indoor & outdoor skate park, rock climbing, surf pool, weight room, study hall and cafe. I need to get basics, like staffing costs, utilities, etc. Anyone know where I can find that info? The center will be approx 10,000 square feet just inside.
Angii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:14 AM   #2
okie

Exclamation Ever thing you want to know

Southeasternskate supply. Click on the menu on the left and it will tell you the stats and you may also call and talk to people that do this for a living. They are wholesale ONLY! So You ain't going to be buying unless your licensed etc.

www.seskate.com

Okie in Muskogee
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Angii

Red face Thank you

Thank you, Okie. I had actually seen that page, but need much more detailed information. This site is great for general pointers... I'm looking for specific statistical information on costs of running a skating rink--annual operating costs, broken down, etc. I have to have this info on a center that's similar in order to go after funding.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM   #4
batterin' gram

Send a PM to AnaboliX and ask him. He used to manage a rink and currently owns and operates another entertainment venue. If he can't give you specifics, he can probably direct you to someone who can.
batterin' gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Iggy
DGS Racing

Just out of curiosity, what size will the rink floor be? I'm not sure what dimensions a professional size rink would be. The reason I ask is because you stated your complex will be 10,000 sq. ft. inside, but just the rink floor alone where I skate is almost 16,000 sq. ft. (185' X 85' ish) Kennedy will probably attest to the fact that I'm spoiled by my rink, but I know alot of rinks I've been to, the floor alone is over 10,000 sq. ft.

I know of 2 rinks off hand that have something like what you're talking about doing. One is Olympic Skating Center in Hermitage, PA and the other is Skate Zone Family Fun Center in Austintown, OH. Both rinks have a skating rink (obviously), climbing wall, laser tag, and an arcade area. I don't have any contact information, but I'm sure you could find the phone numbers in the Yellow Pages and call and talk to the owners. There is also a rink in Ohio I've been to that was a nice size "family fun center". There was a good sized rink, indoor and outdoor mini golf, a large video arcade, go kart track and (i think) bumper boats outside. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the place or where it was for life of me . Maybe someone else on here knows where I'm talking about. It would be in eastern Ohio. Maybe someone there would be able to help you out.
Old September 30th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #6
Angii

Wow, thank you so much. That's very helpful. I posted a PM to AnaboliX a week ago but he hasn't responded. I'll try emailing him.

I miscommunicated the size of the center -- it's actually 100,000 square feet. The rink floor itself is 10,500 square feet (150 x 70). You are indeed spoiled by your rink, Iggy! Makes me think I should one-up ya!! lol I appreciate the resources. I might be able to locate that last place online somewhere. You guys are fabulous. Thank you so much for your help!
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:41 AM   #7
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angii View Post
Wow, thank you so much. That's very helpful. I posted a PM to AnaboliX a week ago but he hasn't responded. I'll try emailing him.

I miscommunicated the size of the center -- it's actually 100,000 square feet. The rink floor itself is 10,500 square feet (150 x 70). You are indeed spoiled by your rink, Iggy! Makes me think I should one-up ya!! lol I appreciate the resources. I might be able to locate that last place online somewhere. You guys are fabulous. Thank you so much for your help!

That makes a little more sense lol I think the rink I grew up in was about 150 x 70ish. That's a decent size. And I am spoiled by my floor lol I used to travel around to different rinks alot and I skated on some pretty little floors (much smaller than 150 x 70). I think that size would be good though. But if you wanna one up my rink on size, by all means don't let me stop ya lol Big floors are good The biggest I've skated on was 200 x 100 in Tallmadge, Oh. Little too big if you ask me, but I ain't gonna complain lol