S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM   #1
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Arrow Review: Ultimate Imperial, et.al.

Well, Doc, I finally got on 'em. I don't even know where to start.

Yes I do. You think your skates got snap? Nah. These things are the King O Snap. Ka-pang! The combination of the magnesium frame, the Imperial Lite trucks and the Power Trac suspension will definately "put a little bang in your ying yang."

They don't skate as much like my Imperials as I expected them to. Oh, I can tell they're related, for sure. Rock-overs are deep and quick, they turn on a dime, and once I got the action dialed in a little, the response was very fast. I can really tell the difference in the Power Trac suspension vis the Snyder. At this point, I'm a little biased, only because I spent the summer on my Imperials. I sure noticed the weight, though. Uber light.

I was concerned that I had gotten them too far forward, but that isn't the case, at least not dangerously so. Another 1/16" and I'd be in deep doo-doo, though.

I plan on getting some serious floor time in this fall and I have a couple of trips to Cali coming up, so hopefully I can wring these out on a floor I know can take it.

Thanks for building these for me, Doc!

Ready for a shocker? I started out with the yellow Shamans like in the pictures I've posted previously. They remind me of my yellow Wicked Lips. Gee. Decidedly unspectacular, given all the... fuss. Now, once again, I'm spoiled, having spent the summer on Sn8ks on lovely old hard wood. Being back to composite and Tite Cote (and fog machine goo) didn't help. I kept futzing with the action because I couldn't get the deep edge I wanted. Little did I know...

Ready for the real shocker? I changed to Anabolix Chameleons, and it was a new day. I expected those things to grip, but to feel like skating on gumdrops under my 220 lbs. Nope. I experienced what a lot of people said. Roll for days. Felt like more roll than the yellow Shamans. I know what you're thinking, but I was amazed that an 88A wheel could skate that well. I had all the grip I wanted, and I actually had to tighten the suspension back down a little. I've said before that there isn't a wheel I can't break loose in a corner, but I may have met my match on these. Dang shame that there won't be any more. Every derby girl on the planet should have some.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM   #2
FanJet8
Shadow Sk8r

Default Nice skates DVW

Sweet skates and if you need a place to keep them, you're can always send them to my place. ( thought I would return the offer)
FanJet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM   #3
73watermutt
I skate in circles

Look sweet
73watermutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Thanks.

Glad they are working out...... I may put the Chameleons on mine... That plating job really makes 'em look nice!!
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM   #5
MFND
Sweet Slice Ham

Sweet skates. Love that franken-plate, love the Precision Sports boot.
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #6
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Default Noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanJet8 View Post
Sweet skates and if you need a place to keep them, you're can always send them to my place. ( thought I would return the offer)
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #7
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Default Nickel plated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Glad they are working out...... I may put the Chameleons on mine... That plating job really makes 'em look nice!!
The pictures just don't do the finish any justice. You really have to see them. I might try a pic outside this weekend or something.

Those Chameleons are singularly the best surprise I've had in a while. They're a lot of fun to skate.
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Uh huh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
The pictures just don't do the finish any justice. You really have to see them. I might try a pic outside this weekend or something.

Those Chameleons are singularly the best surprise I've had in a while. They're a lot of fun to skate.
Seems like I mentioned that before.....
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #9
dvw
Secretary of Skate

Exclamation You think I'd learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Seems like I mentioned that before.....
Yes on both accounts!

Those wheels are cool. Credit to Craig for getting those over here, for sure, but I have to give a nod to Mike L, since they started as Vanilla cast-offs. Makes me want to revisit the Vanilla/Backspins. (In my spare time. )

And you put me onto the platers in the first place.

Thank you, sensei!