S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the ebay forum deleted?
Yes 31 29.52%
No 74 70.48%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #41
masmojo
Senior Member
 
masmojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 604
Exclamation RE: the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
What problem?
I thought that's what we were talking about here??? The problem with the ebay sub-forum? Example: Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices! Basically people abusing or taking advantage of a system that was set up to help fellow loggers to buy nice skates/wheels they might not have otherwise had the opportunity to buy! People who took the time to search ebay and find that one item they really wanted are being usurped by people with no real need and/or are buying things because they saw them in that section. It only takes a few of these opportunistic types to run the prices up on something that would otherwise have gone more cheaply to someone who had taken the time to search for it and had a genuine need or at least did the legwork to find that item! (discussed on the ebay sub-forum as well)

THAT is the problem! I guess if you are one of those people who takes advantage of those posts to buy things you don't need cause the links are posted in that forum and all you gotta do is click on them, then I am sure you would be loving it and might be clueless to "the problem"

Ironically, the fact that some people do not see what the problems is only illuminates the fact that there is a problem!
__________________
265's W/ Yellow Magnums
Vanilla Classics. Sure Grip XK-4 DA 45's & Speed rays
Bont Derby, Laser Techs, Peabolix
masmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #42
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
You seemed to stay confused-let me better explain it by giving you an example or two and I am kind of a blunt and to the point kind of person.

Here is one.

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28748

Another example happened to me personally-it was not a backdoor offer but the price was driven up by someone with deep pockets. At the time I was looking for some purple lips, had a little extra money that I could spend, and was in on these....

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ht=Wicked+lips

And of course Steve came in on them and outbid me. At the time I know he had at least 1 (if not more) set of purple lips but "had to have these because the color was better".

Guess what 4 months later he doesn't own ANY of these wheels-but yet had to have them because it was a "holy grail". Yeah so holy he was quick to sell all of them (and make a nice profit I might add). Me-I would of sold the extras for whatever I could get and never, ever sold the purples.

I bought my proline from Steve and he was great about the whole transaction. But the above pissed me off and instances like this happen all the time and the people that do it know who they are.

They buy skates, maybe keep a piece for them, replace that piece with something else, switch wheels, switch plates, do whatever to try and make it look like a new (or should I say different pair of skates) then sell them for xxxx which is generally a nice profit.

Rant over and flame away
So the problem is that there are those who will get people who are selling skate items on eBay to sell those items to them rather than allowing people to bid on the skate items?

And the problem is componded by these people selling the skate items they procure for a profit?

Is this the problem? Really?

Ever heard of capitalism?
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #43
rsfaze
Old School™
 
rsfaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmojo View Post
I thought that's what we were talking about here??? The problem with the ebay sub-forum? Example: Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices! Basically people abusing or taking advantage of a system that was set up to help fellow loggers to buy nice skates/wheels they might not have otherwise had the opportunity to buy! People who took the time to search ebay and find that one item they really wanted are being usurped by people with no real need and/or are buying things because they saw them in that section. It only takes a few of these opportunistic types to run the prices up on something that would otherwise have gone more cheaply to someone who had taken the time to search for it and had a genuine need or at least did the legwork to find that item! (discussed on the ebay sub-forum as well)

THAT is the problem! I guess if you are one of those people who takes advantage of those posts to buy things you don't need cause the links are posted in that forum and all you gotta do is click on them, then I am sure you would be loving it and might be clueless to "the problem"

Ironically, the fact that some people do not see what the problems is only illuminates the fact that there is a problem!
ding ding we have a winner!
__________________
"Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't."
rsfaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #44
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmojo View Post
I thought that's what we were talking about here??? The problem with the ebay sub-forum? Example: Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices! Basically people abusing or taking advantage of a system that was set up to help fellow loggers to buy nice skates/wheels they might not have otherwise had the opportunity to buy! People who took the time to search ebay and find that one item they really wanted are being usurped by people with no real need and/or are buying things because they saw them in that section. It only takes a few of these opportunistic types to run the prices up on something that would otherwise have gone more cheaply to someone who had taken the time to search for it and had a genuine need or at least did the legwork to find that item! (discussed on the ebay sub-forum as well)

THAT is the problem!
How is getting rid of the Quad eBay Finds forum on Skatelog going to keep people from "Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmojo View Post
I guess if you are one of those people who takes advantage of those posts to buy things you don't need cause the links are posted in that forum and all you gotta do is click on them, then I am sure you would be loving it and might be clueless to "the problem"

Ironically, the fact that some people do not see what the problems is only illuminates the fact that there is a problem!
I have been outbid on eBay before and lost auctions to people persueding the seller to end the auction early. So what? Getting rid of the Quad eBay Finds forum on Skatelog is not going to get rid of that problem. In fact it may even produce problems by allowing people "in the know" about skate equipment to get that equipment before others learn enough about it to know they want it. It may also produce the problem of Skatelog members setting the price for skate items that they want to set...without any type of balance of others selling their wares who are not Skatelog members.

If you want to come up with a solution to something that you say is a problem then try to solve that problem without producing more problems.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #45
rsfaze
Old School™
 
rsfaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
How is getting rid of the Quad eBay Finds forum on Skatelog going to keep people from "Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices"
No one said removing the forum would solve world hunger or keep people from buying and selling on ebay, but people did say those people would HAVE to do their own home work and searching on ebay to earn the dollar they plan to make.

When did you become so clueless Edward? I feel like the same thing has been said over and over and you still just don't get "it"
__________________
"Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't."
rsfaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #46
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfaze View Post
No one said removing the forum would solve world hunger or keep people from buying and selling on ebay, but people did say those people would HAVE to do their own home work and searching on ebay to earn the dollar they plan to make.

When did you become so clueless Edward? I feel like the same thing has been said over and over and you still just don't get "it"
Not clueless...just don't understand why this is a problem. If people want others to "do their own work" then they should stop posting links to skate items on eBay. Why try to get everyone to stop posting links by removing the forum completely?

I admit it...it is frustrating sometimes for me too when I do not have the money to get the skate items I want and to be outbid or undercut by the people who either have the money or undercut the bidders on eBay. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Geez.

If you want people to "do their own work" as far as finding skate items on eBay then don't post links to skate items on eBay from the Quad eBay Finds forum. That seems pretty simple...doesn't it? Why ruin it for everyone else?
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #47
Kathie Fry
Forum Host
 
Kathie Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Venice Beach, California USA
Posts: 2,082
Default

This has been a good discussion so far, and actually quite interesting, so let's not let it deteriorate into a personal battle of words. Based on the number of posts in the eBay forum, many of our forum visitors *really* love talking about items they see listed on eBay. Other forum visitors think those discussions drive up the price of items on eBay. Both reasonable points of view I would say.

- Kathie
__________________
http://www.kathiefry.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SkateLog/398578533776
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Travel-Guides-International/289239062265
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #48
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
This has been a good discussion so far, and actually quite interesting, so let's not let it deteriorate into a personal battle of words. Based on the number of posts in the eBay forum, many of our forum visitors *really* love talking about items they see listed on eBay. Other forum visitors think those discussions drive up the price of items on eBay. Both reasonable points of view I would say.

- Kathie
Thanks Kathie! No chance of that between me and Rob though. We've had lots of conversations in the past with no problems.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #49
ThommyBoy
Quad Speed since 1981
 
ThommyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 188
Default Like the new name too!

I like the new name BTW!

"eBay/Craigslist" Forum!

As I said in my prior posting, by keeping the stuff in the Skatelog family[ back-doored or not] it keeps it nearer to us, so we tend to get first dibs once it comes back on the market, and have a much better chance of scoring them 2nd round, than the general public route.

Cheers, THOM
__________________
RACED: SkateCity Meadowood CO via the Littleton crew in 1982-84
Skates=NTS, German 2-Piece, Clips, 97A's,and a nice Soft Speed Boot.
ThommyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #50
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
So the problem is that there are those who will get people who are selling skate items on eBay to sell those items to them rather than allowing people to bid on the skate items?

And the problem is componded by these people selling the skate items they procure for a profit?

Is this the problem? Really?

Ever heard of capitalism?
Sure I've heard of it. Do we still live in a capitalist state-just curious?

You mean compounded?

It goes deeper than that but you obviously don't see it or are just choosing not too.

The perception is that loggers are "friends" when in reality if 90% can buy something cheap and turn around and make money off their "friends" they are too quick to do it. I don't know about you but that is not how I was raised.

In addition how many sets of xxx wheels do you need? If we are a "brotherhood" and are here to promote enjoyment of skating and look out for our fellow "brother" (one of the reasons the sub forum was created), why not let someone who could use a "deal" have the opportunity to win something for a reasonable price that they will get tons more enjoyment out of than "you" ever would (because you already have 10 of the certain item). Are "you" so addicted to "the kill" you just can't deal with someone outbidding "you"? Or is it "you" have the mentality the "he who dies with the most toys wins"?
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #51
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
Sure I've heard of it. Do we still live in a capitalist state-just curious?

You mean compounded?

It goes deeper than that but you obviously don't see it or are just choosing not too.

The perception is that loggers are "friends" when in reality if 90% can buy something cheap and turn around and make money off their "friends" they are too quick to do it. I don't know about you but that is not how I was raised.
The way I was raised...it's not about how much or many of what you have be it skate equipment or friends or whatever...it is about what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
In addition how many sets of xxx wheels do you need? If we are a "brotherhood" and are here to promote enjoyment of skating and look out for our fellow "brother" (one of the reasons the sub forum was created), why not let someone who could use a "deal" have the opportunity to win something for a reasonable price that they will get tons more enjoyment out of than "you" ever would (because you already have 10 of the certain item).
Sounds like a novel idea. How are you going to police it? By removing the Quad eBay Finds forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
Are "you" so addicted to "the kill" you just can't deal with someone outbidding "you"? Or is it "you" have the mentality the "he who dies with the most toys wins"?
Be serious. I own one pair of skates.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #52
Phil in Midwest
Senior Member
 
Phil in Midwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 164
Default ebay is public

As I read some of these posts, I get the feeling some members assume that each time they are outbid or the item sells locally or "backdoored" that it is a SLF member.
What about the thousands upon thousands of ebay lurkers and skate enthusiasts that have never even heard of SkateLog.
What happens if, the section is removed and the last minute bidding and offers still happen on ebay, (like every day on about every item ever put up for auction that is desirable or real collectible.) Then who loses?
Its just like alot of other items that are sold, I collect fishing lures and if I get outbid by a guy, (happens all the time) that has a bunch of the same lure we are bidding on and I lose, too bad so sad.
I'm not pissed because he has some and I don't, and I wanted some and its just not fair that he got what I wanted and now he has more and I don't have any because I didn't have enough money to outbid him or make the seller an offer.
I don't like auctions that end early anymore than the next guy, but not making the items to the handful of people that visit that particular forum is not going to change how the general public buys and sells items.
And really, What is wrong with a seller receiving a fair price for an item he has For Sale whether he knew it was worth something or not?

I think the section has merit. It has provided information and entertainment.
Sometimes a guy sees a deal and hopes no one knows what it is really worth and the bidding stays low, and then it gets posted, and bam, good deal gone.
Its too bad that some hard feeling are aroused because of this ebay section but sometimes the early bird gets the worm.
And something to think about, How about similar forums, are hot items posted elsewhere?
Phil in Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:15 AM   #53
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
The way I was raised...it's not about how much or many of what you have be it skate equipment or friends or whatever...it is about what you do.


Sounds like a novel idea. How are you going to police it? By removing the Quad eBay Finds forum?


Be serious. I own one pair of skates.
You and your rolleyes icon

It is about what you do. You are big on asking questions so let me ask you one. What are your thoughts about what is being done as described by Rob, me, and others in this thread?

I am not going to police anything. I suggested what should and would be being done if "loggers" were true "friends" and a "brotherhood".

The "you" was not directed at you personally and sorry if you thought I meant that.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #54
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
You and your rolleyes icon

It is about what you do. You are big on asking questions so let me ask you one. What are your thoughts about what is being done as described by Rob, me, and others in this thread?
OK, it may take you Malcom to get to exactly what the problem is.

(1) Do you mean people being outbid on skate items on eBay?
(2) Or people driving up the price on skate items on eBay so that others cannot afford to buy them then the people who drove up the price buys the skate items?
(3) Or people coercing eBay sellers to end their auctions early and sell their skate items to them?

Or is there a problem I have missed? Please pick a number or several.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
I am not going to police anything. I suggested what should and would be being done if "loggers" were true "friends" and a "brotherhood".

The "you" was not directed at you personally and sorry if you thought I meant that.
No problema.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:26 AM   #55
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Midwest View Post
As I read some of these posts, I get the feeling some members assume that each time they are outbid or the item sells locally or "backdoored" that it is a SLF member.
What about the thousands upon thousands of ebay lurkers and skate enthusiasts that have never even heard of SkateLog.
What happens if, the section is removed and the last minute bidding and offers still happen on ebay, (like every day on about every item ever put up for auction that is desirable or real collectible.) Then who loses?
Its just like alot of other items that are sold, I collect fishing lures and if I get outbid by a guy, (happens all the time) that has a bunch of the same lure we are bidding on and I lose, too bad so sad.
I'm not pissed because he has some and I don't, and I wanted some and its just not fair that he got what I wanted and now he has more and I don't have any because I didn't have enough money to outbid him or make the seller an offer.
I don't like auctions that end early anymore than the next guy, but not making the items to the handful of people that visit that particular forum is not going to change how the general public buys and sells items.
And really, What is wrong with a seller receiving a fair price for an item he has For Sale whether he knew it was worth something or not?

I think the section has merit. It has provided information and entertainment.
Sometimes a guy sees a deal and hopes no one knows what it is really worth and the bidding stays low, and then it gets posted, and bam, good deal gone.
Its too bad that some hard feeling are aroused because of this ebay section but sometimes the early bird gets the worm.
And something to think about, How about similar forums, are hot items posted elsewhere?
Each time for sure not. Most of the time yes. It's not hard to see-what something "hot" get posted on here and within 5 mins $$$$ goes through the roof or it gets removed. Not too hard to put 2 and 2 together. Most of the time it is a fellow "logger" that does this. That being said leads me to my next point about your post.......

Chances are the lure you "lose out on" is not a result of being outbid or back doored by another member of your "crew" so there is a difference. Both of you did the "work" on Ebay to get to said lure and the "fight" ensues and the victor emerges. 9 out of 10 times not the case with "quad" skating equipment especially when there is a link posted here.

Beautiful dog in your avatar.
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #56
Malcom
Senior Member
 
Malcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
OK, it may take you Malcom to get to exactly what the problem is.

(1) Do you mean people being outbid on skate items on eBay?
(2) Or people driving up the price on skate items on eBay so that others cannot afford to buy them then the people who drove up the price buys the skate items?
(3) Or people coercing eBay sellers to end their auctions early and sell their skate items to them?

Or is there a problem I have missed? Please pick a number or several.


No problema.
You are still missing the initial problem but we will talk more tomorrow. Going to watch the Braves
Malcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #57
Edward Williams
Still Learning...
 
Edward Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom View Post
You are still missing the initial problem but we will talk more tomorrow. Going to watch the Braves
OK, I'm going to the skating rink. See you tomorrow.
Edward Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #58
masmojo
Senior Member
 
masmojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 604
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
How is getting rid of the Quad eBay Finds forum on Skatelog going to keep people from "Running up prices, people back dooring auctions, people losing out on auctions they were watching or waiting to bid on due to these practices"?.
It won't stop it, but it will certainly cut it down A LOT! Anybody can still go to ebay and search and find the stuff themselves FINE! I encourage them to do that, but I can tell you from personal experience that the items linked to from the Ebay finds section generally get 2 to 3 times as many bidders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
I have been outbid on eBay before and lost auctions to people persueding the seller to end the auction early. So what? Getting rid of the Quad eBay Finds forum on Skatelog is not going to get rid of that problem. In fact it may even produce problems by allowing people "in the know" about skate equipment to get that equipment before others learn enough about it to know they want it. It may also produce the problem of Skatelog members setting the price for skate items that they want to set...without any type of balance of others selling their wares who are not Skatelog members.

If you want to come up with a solution to something that you say is a problem then try to solve that problem without producing more problems.
YES! People "in the Know" will get skate equipment before others learn enough about it to know they want it! You claim not to understand but then you hit the nail on the head! GOOD SHOT!! That's the way it is everywhere and why it's good to know what you are looking at and what it's worth; thing is people who know what they are looking at generally also know what it's worth and only bid that amount, but when you add a slew of bidders who are brought into the mix via a process like this, many times they have no clue or get lured in by the "I gotta have that thing" mentallity and they will bid way past what something is worth just to get it! Additionally, by limiting this type of posts you may also be helping those same people who lurk and bid on these items, because they many times bid too high and win, only to get buyers remorse later when they realize they bid/paid too much!!


Another thing to keep in mind; some people think sometimes that auctions are ended because someone has tipped the seller off to the value or made them an offer, but it really is simpler then that! The seller can see how many people are "watching" their item and if that number soars as it surely will if there is a link on the Forum, it's only natural for them to say "Yikes I think I listed that too cheap" and re-list it.

Ed, by the way you are defending this; you must sip from the well on a regular basis!?? Can't you learn how to find this stuff on Ebay yourself same as the rest of us or are you just being argumentative!???
__________________
265's W/ Yellow Magnums
Vanilla Classics. Sure Grip XK-4 DA 45's & Speed rays
Bont Derby, Laser Techs, Peabolix
masmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #59
rsfaze
Old School™
 
rsfaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Williams View Post
Thanks Kathie! No chance of that between me and Rob though. We've had lots of conversations in the past with no problems.
so very true, sorry If I did come off a little blunt there

It's sad that not more people are joining in our this thread. There are MANY more senior members that use to pick a set of wicked lips up for $40 bucks, and Proline plates for $90 before the ebay finds forum went up.

I wish some of them would comment to show the naysayers how much that little forum has really pushed up the price on skating gear that gets posted here.

It's already been said but watch a skate related item that comes up on ebay and sells without being posted on here, then watch one that gets posted on here, at least twice as many bidders, and a much higher price tag.

Maybe for some reason "you" people like paying more for stuff instead of less.
__________________
"Just because you can't do it doesn't mean I can't."
rsfaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #60
Randy Edwards
Senior Member
 
Randy Edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Fry View Post
This has been a good discussion so far, and actually quite interesting, so let's not let it deteriorate into a personal battle of words. Based on the number of posts in the eBay forum, many of our forum visitors *really* love talking about items they see listed on eBay. Other forum visitors think those discussions drive up the price of items on eBay. Both reasonable points of view I would say.

- Kathie
Kathie ..right on and this has been your stance with your forum and I agree.............BUT the ebay forum does just what you see here the ebay forum creates issues and this is coming from someone who has bought only 3 skate related items ever from ebay and that was prior to skatelog

a lot of the fighting you have saw or sometimes see in the quad forum is retaliation from fights over ebay items

but do I care if it stays or goes? NOPE

because personally I think fighting over metal, leather,plastic and urethane has too be the the most asinine thing I ever have seen
Randy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.