S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM   #1
SeJoWa

Default slowUp Sempachersee (Switzerland) - 08-19-2007

Time flies - my home PC had to temporarily donate some innards for a Linux machine, and I was loathe to switch stuff back and forth, so my little pictorial documentation of the Sempachersee SlowUp is a bit late in coming.

For details regarding SlowUps, please see my Lac de Morat thread (with nicer pics too).

It was fun, albeit slow at times, yet the chief merit of this SlowUp in my eyes is that it closely follows the World Inline Cup Sursee race course, and hence, memories of my first competition on skates (I remember what a schlep that was, thanks to a severe bout with insomnia...).

So lots of pics, in order to present a coherent picture. For the breathtaking panoramas, go look at Clemens' shots!

Eveline and 'Flo' of burningwheels.ch fame are along for the ride, which means the legendary soundmachine is going to see some action.

Using my stash of 90mm wheels... good for the heel, I hope?

Rolling through Sursee at the western end of the lake.

Aaah! I remember hundreds of skaters in the fitness category starting to get some speed on the open road.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM   #2
SeJoWa

Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM   #3
SeJoWa

At the eastern end of the lake.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:56 PM   #4
SeJoWa

Absolutely delicious peanut butter banana lattuce bacon mayo sandwich.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Rods

Nice pictures, as usual, SeJoWa.

But the picture in the Skatelog t-shirt! Isn't that the pose from the shower scene in the movie, Psycho? An original, if frightening, use of a spoon.

Rods
Rods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:56 PM   #6
sk8scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods View Post
Nice pictures, as usual, SeJoWa.

But the picture in the Skatelog t-shirt! Isn't that the pose from the shower scene in the movie, Psycho? An original, if frightening, use of a spoon.
Valley Girl meets Norman Bates? - "No - I said, 'Gag me with a spoon'!"

Very nice pics, SeJoWa. I notice you seem to be drafting the gal in green pants quite a bit. Can't say I blame you, of course.

What's the story behind the name, "SlowUp"? Is it a race to see who is slowest???

----Scott
sk8scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #7
SeJoWa

Thanks guys, glad you like the pics! The one showing that crazy contraption makes me think of some absurd science fiction a la Stanislav Lem. Behold the future, Lemmings! Shot that while rolling and posted it unedited, I was quite astonished how everything lines up.

Food et moi - others can tell that tale more emphatically. But if I ever have the pleasure to skate with the Florida group, I'll be heading to Jessica's famous chocolate cake abode post haste.

Ms. Green Pants aka Eveline is an integral part of the burningwheels.ch Thursday night skating medleys.

And the story behing slowups, well, they're basically (very) leisurely and scenic outings conducted on closed public roads in Switzerland mostly during the summer months. The attendance is enormous - in the thens of thousands. It's really great for families and folks who usually skate very little (I guess), and hence, a positive feedback loop.

Just checked the numbers for this event: 34'000 as per the organizers.