S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old October 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #1
hikkergurl

Default Which Wheel for these floors?

Hey Again!

Ok....... I'm looking into a set of freestyle wheels and I know it's between the Roll-Line Magnum and the Bones Elite 57mm. Probably the Roll Line because I'd like to check them out.

Anyway, I'm a little confused as which wheel in Magnum (the Bones is a little easier) to choose because the condition of the floors I'm skating on aren't all that great (except when I get to THE OAKS....OK...it's my happy place. They're wood and don't seem to get coated very often (or cleaned). On skatelog.com they offer a good description of which to choose do to the floor, but I'm still not clear

I know some of you have skated the Las Vegas rinks (I skate both). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Liz
hikkergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #2
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikkergurl View Post
Hey Again!

Ok....... I'm looking into a set of freestyle wheels and I know it's between the Roll-Line Magnum and the Bones Elite 57mm. Probably the Roll Line because I'd like to check them out.

Anyway, I'm a little confused as which wheel in Magnum (the Bones is a little easier) to choose because the condition of the floors I'm skating on aren't all that great (except when I get to THE OAKS....OK...it's my happy place. They're wood and don't seem to get coated very often (or cleaned). On skatelog.com they offer a good description of which to choose do to the floor, but I'm still not clear

I know some of you have skated the Las Vegas rinks (I skate both). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Liz

not sure to be honest, i like the bones elite whiskey color,,,,but the rolline depends on the floor surface, you could use the fox on a slippery floor or the mustang on a tight one.

Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #3
Bill

The Las vegas Invt is a popular event, I'm sure a few skaters here have skated it.
I skated Team Dance at the Las Vegas Invt in 2003 it was at the Boulder rink. I used 62mm Bones Elites, in the Whiskey color and they worked fine. The only problem I had skating was when my dance partner kicked my feet out and I landed on my arse.... Luckly that was at the practice the night before we skated.

I see a lot of RollLine Mustangs and Panthers on Freestyle skaters around here... I also see a few skaters on Star wheels.

HTH,
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #4
BlingBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The Las vegas Invt is a popular event, I'm sure a few skaters here have skated it.
I skated Team Dance at the Las Vegas Invt in 2003 it was at the Boulder rink. I used 62mm Bones Elites, in the Whiskey color and they worked fine. The only problem I had skating was when my dance partner kicked my feet out and I landed on my arse.... Luckly that was at the practice the night before we skated.

I see a lot of RollLine Mustangs and Panthers on Freestyle skaters around here... I also see a few skaters on Star wheels.

HTH,
Bill

Hello......I might be heading up to Vegas in the January time frame. Exactly what is the Las Vegas Invitational? Is this a roller skating convention or a competition? Thanks
BlingBlade is offline   Reply With Quote