S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:40 AM   #1
AwkwardTurtle

Smile They have arrived... My very own pair of Seba High Deluxes!

Now before I talk about my thoughts on the skate, I would like to thank Stacy from SkateCrazy for these awesome skates! Thank you so much Stacy!!! Much love! Haha.

That adrenaline you get from the arrival of this magical black box that clearly says SEBA with his signature logo on it, is... EUPHORIC!! Just opening it and smelling how fresh and new it is makes you feel so good! (hyperbole) But that's not all, finding the neatly stacked cones in that small black mesh bag is so neat! The skates look really nice too, really, really nice! Thanks to Greg for recommending the slick black/white colored boot!

Now for my review on wearing it. What everyone says about the skate is true, there is a breaking period! When I first slipped my feet into them, it was very tight! My father couldn't believe how tight it was, he said it was.. tighter than tight! (How do you do that? lol). And so, I rode around my neighborhood in it, you feel constant pressure against your soles and toes. Your toes feel suffocated, it wants to breathe. But surely enough, the misery isn't the same on the second time you wear it, at least for me.

Today, I wore them again, skated to the nearby park and did some free skating on the courts. I must say, the skates do catch a lot of attention, but this must be because I haven't seen anyone inline-skating in my area, but this one woman who had recreational skates. Otherwise, there are children with inlines or quads. Just the other day, when I went to the park with my CCMs, before I received my Sebas, there was a child in quads and a helmet. At that time, I really didn't feel like wearing my helmet, so I took mine off and started free skating on the empty tennis court. The child (girl) looked at me, quite impressed by me just going in circles and doing some backwards skating like I always do, and she takes off her helmet. By this time, I realize I have to keep my helmet on when there are children in the area, they are under my influence that it's okay NOT TO WEAR THEIR HELMET. This was my biggest mistake that day, I sort of regret it... Though as much as I love my brain, the helmet is really bulky! I wear it on and off though.

Okay so back to my review. I found out that the skates were pre-rockered (YESSSS!!! ... o.o ). I'm not used to it actually, it feels like I'm slipping all the time I try to go forward or do something. There is much maneuverability, I agree. But umm, I think I'll talk more about it later, I'm kind of tired and I have to study for a test tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

-Koby