S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old September 10th, 2019, 12:39 PM   #1
ursle
Street Skater

Default Finally, NRA declared a Terrorist Organization.

About time.
What a joke, the case will be tossed in minutes.

NRA Sues San Francisco for Declaring It a “Domestic Terrorist Organization”

By ELLIOT HANNON

SEPT 10, 20195:43 AM

Popular in News & Politics
Sycophantic Mike Pence Tweet Mysteriously Written in Exact Voice of Mike Pence’s Boss

The Most Scandalous Allegations From Politico’s Big Jerry Falwell Story

Trump Tweets Bizarre Cat Video Apparently Mocking CNN for Sharpiegate Coverage

Trump’s Bizarre Camp David Stunt Has Imperiled the Best Chance in Years for Peace in Afghanistan

The National Rifle Association filed suit against the city of San Francisco Monday after the city declared the gun rights group a “domestic terrorist organization.” The city’s board of supervisors unanimously approved the resolution that was introduced six weeks ago after three people were shot and killed at a garlic festival in Gilroy, Calif. After its passage last week, the board acknowledged the nonbinding resolution had little practical effect beyond its portrayal of the NRA, which the board hopes will spur the city to curtail relationships with companies that do business with the NRA. A spokesperson for the NRA dismissed the resolution as a “sound-bite remedy,” but that hasn’t stopped the gun advocacy group from taking the fight to court.

The NRA’s suit says San Francisco’s terrorist designation violates the group’s First Amendment right to free speech. The court filing called the label a “frivolous insult,” but that “San Francisco’s actions pose a nonfrivolous constitutional threat.” “[M]embers and supporters will suffer irrecoverable loss and irreparable harm if the members and supporters are unable to obtain government contracts because of their constitutionally-protected rights, or if the NRA is deprived of vendor, contractor, member or donor relationships when persons intimidated by the Resolution sever their NRA ties,” the suit said. A lawyer for the group said the designation was “an assault on all advocacy organizations across the country.”

“The NRA has been battling a number of challenges to its operations in recent months, including an investigation by the attorney general in New York, where its charter was formed, and the attorney general in Washington, D.C., where authorities are questioning whether its operations are in violation of its non-profit status,” the Associated Press notes. “There also have been internal battles over NRA leadership with the group’s then-president, Oliver North, and its top lobbyist, Chris Cox, stepping down, giving gun-rights activists pause about the NRA’s ability to hold sway in the upcoming 2020 presidential elections.”

The NRA is going broke and having to sit in Court is going to be expensive, to bad, Russia is no longer funding the NRA, they were outed, Russia funded Trump's presidential bid by giving the NRA untold millions of dollars, greed took over and the NRA is finally outted.
Old September 11th, 2019, 03:17 AM   #2
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

You know, I had a vague feeling this was dumb. I mean it is dumb on its' face. The NRA has not HURT ANYONE. And neither has its' members over all of these years. That is a phenomenal record.

You can see SF's actions in two ways, both are probably true. One is it was a tit for tat to the Justice Department declaring Antifa a terrorist group. Secondly, it was a Virtue Signal. Ooooh, look at us. We declared bad people MORE BADDER.

Problem is, aside from all of the nonsense demonizing of the NRA, there is no hard evidence against them. The NRA is suing SF, and it is an easy win. SF has NOTHING to accuse the NRA of. Not to mention, their city declaration is meaningless.

SF has made itself a laughing stock. Their declaration is meaningless, and by doing it, the NRA is going to pick their pocket for tens of millions.
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:52 PM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
You know, I had a vague feeling this was dumb. I mean it is dumb on its' face. The NRA has not HURT ANYONE. And neither has its' members over all of these years. That is a phenomenal record.
You can see SF's actions in two ways, both are probably true. One is it was a tit for tat to the Justice Department declaring Antifa a terrorist group. Secondly, it was a Virtue Signal. Ooooh, look at us. We declared bad people MORE BADDER.
Problem is, aside from all of the nonsense demonizing of the NRA, there is no hard evidence against them. The NRA is suing SF, and it is an easy win. SF has NOTHING to accuse the NRA of. Not to mention, their city declaration is meaningless.
SF has made itself a laughing stock. Their declaration is meaningless, and by doing it, the NRA is going to pick their pocket for tens of millions.

Your inability to understand the facts involved disqualify you from any opinion that any sane person would agree with.

The NRA is responsible for every assault weapon death on American soil.
Hard evidence, you would't recognize it if it bit you.
The money the NRA accepted from Russia to put Trump in the White House is a smoking gun and it's being investigated by fiscally responsible adults.

San Francisco is laughing at the NRA, their suit is the laughing stock of any sane person on the planet, let the NRA try to attempt any legal response and watch the arms of the law envelope the NRA in years of legislation, at the NRA's penny, which before it will begin will have lost it's non profit status, at which time the IRS will be knocking on the door, as will the lawyers it needs to defend it's legal action against the city of San Francisco, gosh, I wonder who would win that fight if the NRA had legal standing, The NRA has no legal standing, but if it did, would the NRA outlast San Francisco in a court battle, it would come down to the ability to show up with legal representation until the end of the case, the NRA is already broke.

Semantics aside, the NRA is an illegal Terrorist organization supporting the outlaw Trump administration, the NRA is about to become extinct, as is the Trump Administration, Trump's rating is down to 38%, another point lost, and like a stone, the people supporting Trump are starting to accumulate as they pick up speed.

Thank God.

Fact's Matter.
Old September 11th, 2019, 05:21 PM   #4
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post

Anyone that believes the NRA is a terrorist organization truly has flipped out. Now about planned parenthood.... murderers...by the millions. Kinda lopsided on a scale... millions of deaths vs 0.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:28 PM   #5
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Anyone that believes the NRA is a terrorist organization truly has flipped out. Now about planned parenthood.... murderers...by the millions. Kinda lopsided on a scale... millions of deaths vs 0.
True that.

The whole thing is funny. Here's an analogy. I'm a millionaire semi-celebrity. I go around saying Sue Smith is Miss America. (she isn't. It's another girl)
I keep saying it and saying it. Everyone knows Miss America is someone else. What I am saying is pointless.
Then the real Miss America sues me for creating the confusion.

That ^ is SF. Their declaration is pointless. No, you are NOT the Justice Department. Pointless words, that opened them up to litigation that they will lose. They should have stayed under their beds that day.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:43 PM   #6
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

I miss Charlton Heston.
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:49 PM   #7
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
I miss Charlton Heston.
Yeah, hated it when he left us all. Good man.
Old September 11th, 2019, 11:18 PM   #8
ursle
Street Skater

As an actor he was an eyeful, as a human...

Charlton Heston used to be a liberal. He admired Martin Luther King, Jr., and attended the historic March on Washington in 1963. Like a lot of men of his vintage, he became more conservative as he grew older. As his movie roles grew more scarce, he fed his actor’s ego by taking on the role of president of the National Rifle Association. At the time of his installment into that office, the NRA was teetering on the brink of dissolution, bankrupt and losing members. For about three million dollars a year, he traveled around the country promoting gun ownership and losing his soul in the process. One week after the tragedy in Columbine, the NRA showed its sensitivity to the horror by holding a convention in nearby Denver, where I believe Mr. Heston performed his classic move of holding up a rifle from the Davy Crockett era and saying he would give it up when it was pried “from my cold dead hands.” At the same time parents were dealing with the eternal grief of surviving their children, Heston was playing Moses, trading tablets for a flintlock. I don’t know if he knew how many illegal weapons came into our cities due to the pressure applied by the lobby he fronted. I don’t know if he cared. I DO know that somewhere out there is an actor whose career is on the downside and will trade his conscience for money. To have a DNA so chock-filled with neediness that trading lives for lucre is a sad legacy, one that erases all the acting awards and honors that defined his earlier vocation, when he only pretended to enjoy killing.

He sold his integrity to the NRA, to bad.

The NRA is a Russian financed Terrorist organization, the city of San Francisco is finally stating so publicly, by by birdie.
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #9
fierocious1

[IMG]2019-09-16_06-46-54 by fierocious1, on Flickr[/IMG]