S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Jesse

Default Lazer X Tech carbon quad boots.

Forgive me if this has been covered, but Lazer X Tech appear to be offering carbon quad boots now. Have a look:

Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #2
quadskater71

They don't look too bad. Any idea what they cost?
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #3
hovercarl

Default Lazer carbon boots

They have only been on the site for a short time. I don't have a price on them yet, though I will be testing a pair within the next 2 months. Lazer said they weren't quite ready for the market yet. I will keep everyone informed on what is happening with them.

Carl
hovercarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #4
Iggy
DGS Racing

Any word on these?
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #5
velvet rogue

:waiting too:
velvet rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #6
MFND
Sweet Slice Ham

The top pair with the flap I like, but I have to say it... Does it seem that they may be cobbled together with Bont and Vanilla tidbits?
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Iggy
DGS Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFND View Post
The top pair with the flap I like, but I have to say it... Does it seem that they may be cobbled together with Bont and Vanilla tidbits?
Right there with ya bud. I thought the top ones looked like Vanillas too. And those were the ones I liked.

Note to Vanilla......put a carbon fiber sole on your Freestyles
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #8
arcadefreaque

I was thinking hovercarl was looking at getting ahold of some of these and getting some pricing. I tried several contacts with the manufacturer, and never got a response. I'd seen some quoted pricing on various items they sell and it was VERY reasonable, but I could never get a contact to actually help me make a direct order - so hovercarl may be the best bet.
arcadefreaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #9
Christopher-T
Quad Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Right there with ya bud. I thought the top ones looked like Vanillas too. And those were the ones I liked.

Note to Vanilla......put a carbon fiber sole on your Freestyles
I seen these last month or... maybe in april before i bought some x-tech plates. I kinda like those top ones too. but am curious if there even heat moldable; it would suck royally to get a boot thats un moldable.. On the vanilla comment- I never knew that much about vanilla until i went to summerjam last week with pitbike120 and actually held there boots in hand, there not that bad, they had some cool looking new boots coming out too, a set with multiple straps for laces that may appeal to the gen-x crowd from the 80's . but back on the x-techs. I'm curious on make-up and materials used, i'm going to be more careful before jumping in and buying anymore skate gear before getting input and reading decent reviews. . I know i might get a big "Yeah right !!" but hopefully i'm almost done buying stuff..
Christopher-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #10
AussieScott

Default No thanks.........

Problem.
Look how high up the Carbon is around the side of the foot where your ankle bones are. When your leg leans and your foot stays flat I see pain, pain and more pain.
All they have done by the looks of it is cut down an Ice Speed Skate Boot that has carbon over the ankles to stop the leg from leaning over the ankle.
We all know Ice Boots are designed to lock the ankle straight so your foot leans over when your leg does. This does not work with Quads. Well not my type of quads. Figures is a little different.

They might be okay for some skaters but I'm guessing not for me.

I'm happy to try a set if they are free.

The final finish looks very nice but I'm not sold on them.

Considering Bont will make customs designs like this for individuals why would you risk wasting your money on these unless these are dirt dirt cheap.
AussieScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #11
maxxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieScott View Post
Problem.
Look how high up the Carbon is around the side of the foot where your ankle bones are. When your leg leans and your foot stays flat I see pain, pain and more pain.
That is the first thing I also noticed, those heel counters look extremely high and long, that to me also say's pain, blisters and just a real uncomfortable ride.
I have been down that road before and it sucks, these boot's look ok, but there not for me.
I would be interested to see the reviews on these when they hit the market.
maxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #12
VerucaBazooka

This is from the aussie importer

"To answer your questions, the LXT plate (Boen style) is retailing for $185AUD, the Hurricane II and Velocity wheels are retailing for $175AUD per set, the ceramic bearings are retailing for $200AUD per set, there is a Swiss bearing which is selling for $80AUD With the Carbon boots, we have not received any of these as yet, and I am not too sure of the pricing,"

From my friend in India: Boen style plates, about 48$Aussie, swiss ceramics- still $200 (must actually be imported?), cheapest bearings, 15$ a set.

No price on boots yet- I don't know about you, but my toes are not that shape!
VerucaBazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2019, 04:36 AM   #13
esromj

Bumping a super old thread here...I recently saw these Lazer boots (the black/red ones) on the Lazer X Tech page and reached out to Rahul to ask how much they cost. He told me they have been discontinued, I didn't understand why.

I have been using KL Skates (US distributor for Kimlinan) KL-QS-CT boots with similar looking carbon fiber sole for a few months (I play roller derby). I like them but I would like to try a lower-cut boot.

Kimlinan offers two low-cut carbon fiber boots in other markets (QS-102XR and QS-03XW) but when I contacted them they said they are not sold in the US.

esromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2019, 05:30 AM   #14
esromj

Following up on this, I have been in contact with Kimlinan recently and was told the red/black and white/black Kimlinan Faves boots I linked earlier have been redesigned.

I ordered two pairs and just received them. I haven't gotten them mounted yet. They look like this:

A few more images.

Also available in black/white.

Last edited by esromj; May 7th, 2019 at 05:00 AM.
esromj is offline   Reply With Quote