S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old March 28th, 2019, 02:26 AM   #1
CHSC FLOOR GUARD
"East of the MISSISSIPPI"

Default Boots for young artistic skater

Hey gang. I joined here before we had our son,now he is almost 11 and competes in artistic skating. I'm looking to upgrade him with new boots. I don't want to say money isn't an issue as he skates multiple times a week but don't want a mortgage. What is a comfortable artistic boot he can use for Freestyle? He is on a basic Riedell art boot,Roll Line Mariner Cup plates and I have a variety of wheels for him.

Is it Riedell,Edea,Risport,SpTerri, Harlick,etc?
The heels on Edeas remind me they are higher than normal. I tried them and found the balls of my feet were screaming.

Thanks all for any suggestions.
Old March 31st, 2019, 11:06 AM   #2
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSC FLOOR GUARD View Post
Hey gang. I joined here before we had our son,now he is almost 11 and competes in artistic skating. I'm looking to upgrade him with new boots. I don't want to say money isn't an issue as he skates multiple times a week but don't want a mortgage. What is a comfortable artistic boot he can use for Freestyle? He is on a basic Riedell art boot,Roll Line Mariner Cup plates and I have a variety of wheels for him.

Is it Riedell,Edea,Risport,SpTerri, Harlick,etc?
The heels on Edeas remind me they are higher than normal. I tried them and found the balls of my feet were screaming.

Thanks all for any suggestions.
not sure which Riedell he is on, but its ok for now I would think, if not u can move up to the next one, might be able to pick it up on ebay or at an ice skating rink or supply house that sells them at a store. a lot are using the
fly boot, not sure who makes it anymore. ask around the rink and see what other skates are using these days, also at competitions.
Old April 1st, 2019, 03:14 AM   #3
CHSC FLOOR GUARD

Thanks Rick for the response. His no.wore off on the inside.. He has 2 pairs of 355s waiting in the wings for when his feet get a bit bigger. However even though they share the same model no,both are different boots. Then he also has a set of 55s which are stiff as a board.
The Fly boot is Edea,and Edea are very popular at competitions. However the plastic heel kind of bothers me.
Old April 6th, 2019, 10:26 AM   #4
rwsz

Quote:
Thanks Rick for the response. His no.wore off on the inside.. He has 2 pairs of 355s waiting in the wings for when his feet get a bit bigger. However even though they share the same model no,both are different boots. Then he also has a set of 55s which are stiff as a board.
The Fly boot is Edea,and Edea are very popular at competitions. However the plastic heel kind of bothers me.
not an issue with plastic heels, make them lighter actually. if mounted correctly shouldn't be an issue. 355s are rather stiff these days, I think those are the silver stars. will give good support but limit footwork, good for figures I would say
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:06 AM   #5
CHSC FLOOR GUARD

My son's coach said the same thing about the 355s for figures but not freestyle.
Rick,do you have any opinion on the Riedell Tribute boot?
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:48 AM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
My son's coach said the same thing about the 355s for figures but not freestyle.
Rick,do you have any opinion on the Riedell Tribute boot?
the tribute boot I never used or my son, but people either love it or hate it. if u want Riedell for freestyle try either a 220 for low end or a 320. many use to use the dance boot, cant remember the number its been so long, 297s lol. good luck..see if u can find one used at the rink, ebay,,,,or ice skating supply places might carry them used.