S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old March 6th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #1
sunriver61

Default Looking for advice on Figure Wheels / Bearings

I'm setting up a new figure skating combo, and looking for advice on who likes what just for figures. The dance setup is tried and true, however I didn't think I'd get back into figures and well.... ya know?

So I have the boot/plate, and now looking for the new wheels and bearings as what I used to roll on isn't there anymore. NO LOOPS! Only regular figure circle stuff.

Thanks!
sunriver61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:24 AM   #2
Ancient1

how about a little more info. What is your new setup and what wheels and bearings did you use before.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:01 AM   #3
Slinkydog

Roll-Line Giotto wheels, hardness depending on your floor, whether you're doing turn figures.
Bearings can be anything clean with good roll. Roll-Line makes satisfactory bearings and ceramic bearings can be used for figures but definitely aren't necessary, even for paragraph figures.
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:50 AM   #4
rwsz

bones swiss or ceramic bearings would be good, different wheels these days I heard something about a newer wheel call std the other day from art skaters
Old March 8th, 2019, 12:38 PM   #5
emtdpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
bones swiss or ceramic bearings would be good, different wheels these days I heard something about a newer wheel call std the other day from art skaters
Morning... I know of only one version of the STD....... I call them my snow tires, because they grip to everything. They roll ok... but if your looking for a figure wheel, you are probably going to look for a harder wheel and a softer push wheel.

I have seen many combinations...

I can not recommend as I am not a figure skater..... but I had to chime in on the STDs.
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:51 AM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtdpf View Post
Morning... I know of only one version of the STD....... I call them my snow tires, because they grip to everything. They roll ok... but if your looking for a figure wheel, you are probably going to look for a harder wheel and a softer push wheel.

I have seen many combinations...

I can not recommend as I am not a figure skater..... but I had to chime in on the STDs.
you could be right, I don't know how many they have but they were talking about dance wheels, I figured they would have a full line of them for all disciplines so maybe rolline wheels for figures.
Old April 17th, 2019, 05:21 AM   #7
sunriver61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
how about a little more info. What is your new setup and what wheels and bearings did you use before.
Used to have Risport (model forgotten), Atlas plates, Phafnir bearings and Hyper Tracer wheels and did ok (Reg medalist & Nat finalist).

Current setup is Ridell/Snyder S/D figure/Bones Swiss and Giotto 61's hard with a med push wheel. No turns now for me - just the forward figures lol....

We'll see how they do. Getting the bearings into and out of the Giotto's was a PAIN. It almost felt like I was going to damage the bearing. I still have a set of perfect Pharnir's for dance, and will need new wheels for those as well... using the Hyper Dance on that set.

It's been a long time, regional's is two months away....not sure *what* I was thinking...
sunriver61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2019, 10:59 PM   #8
larryoracing

Default Bones Ceramic Bearings and Komplex Figure wheels.

I was introduced to Komplex Figure Wheels two years ago. I like them. I have the yellow wheels on three corners of the skate and the green (Push) wheel on the forward inside wheels.

The Bones Ceramic Bearing, Artistic 7mm are 325.00 dollars on Ebay. I bought mine a couple years ago when you could get them for 200-225 dollars. I highly recommend them for dance and figures because they roll so well.

The National Floor will be the practice floor they used at Lincoln Nationals last year.

Not that it matters.but I skate Figures on the Roll Line Loop plate. They don't make that now. It looks like thier Dance plate but the action is toned down. Many roll on the Roll Line Giotto plate for figures. One of the cheapest plates you can buy.

I run the Berry Freestyle/Figure boot. I love this boot.

I skate just forward figures...Adult..I skate the Silver and Gold figures for Adults. They are only forward figures and no turns.

I won nationals last year on this combination in Bronze Figures Adult Div 2.
50-64 age division. Good luck. Maybe I will see you. What region are you from.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 08:47 PM   #9
Sir Aaron

The Bones Ceramic went up to $300. I'm going to start looking for alternatives because that is too much. I got a generic set from Italy I'm going to try and then I may order some from Acer Racing. I'd love to test them all.
Sir Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 10:07 AM   #10
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
The Bones Ceramic went up to $300. I'm going to start looking for alternatives because that is too much. I got a generic set from Italy I'm going to try and then I may order some from Acer Racing. I'd love to test them all.
wow 300 I remember when they were like 110 I thought that was too much lol,,,,go with swiss then