S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old November 27th, 2016, 07:21 AM   #1
larryoracing

Smile How to grow team dance.

How to get more boys and team dance teams.

A while back I had asked Bob when are we going to start getting the boys and girls to start skating together. He said “soon”…lol!

Well, we have basically one new dance team.

It seems every time I skate Saturday Jr Club lessons, the Freestyle coaches are leading the Dance Practice..lol! And let me tell you a Freestyle coach teaching dance does not full around. The Freestyle coaches have no problem making the Boys skate with the girls or for that matter girls skating with girls. The idea is to skate team dance…lol!

So, today I pulled one of the Dance pros aside and said, "I would like to help with this team dance concept…lol!" Shelby, who is one of my Dance Pros said “Larry, I have a Gold Metal In Dance Proficiency in Team Dance and Solo". I was impressed to say the least.

I said, "I would like to take team dance proficiency tests with these new young kids". "Is that possible?" You see I know every kid in these Jr classes takes solo proficiency tests, but I don’t think they are encouraged to take team dance proficiency tests. I think that is what is needed to get more young kids to skate team dance, and just to give you a clue.

Last week one of the Freestyle coaches teaching jr club dance told a boy to skate with a girl. He did and I think he and the girl liked it.

Boys and girls at a young age usually don’t skate together by themselves. They have to be told to do it. And one of the ways to tell them to do it, is to skate team proficiency tests with them.

Sincerely,

Larry O

P.S. The key is to get the advanced skaters to help in the Jr Club classes to grow team dance.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #2
Nostalgic

The rink that I started at had a team made up of two three-year olds. They skated competitions too.
Nostalgic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 05:43 AM   #3
larryoracing

Smile Those were the good old days...lol!

You start with one team and the idea to grow it to 2,3,4 etc.

One day you have 200 teams like Bob Labriola...lol!

Sincerely,

Larry O
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote