S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Speed Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Events Announcements, reports, results, photos, and discussions about all types of speed skating events.

Old January 26th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #1
JandKLarson

Default 2012 US Indoor Nationals & locale for 2013 and 2015

The tenative schedule has been posted here:

http://usarollersports.org/events/8638

Also, we saw in a recent posting from USARS that the 2013 and 2015 US Indoor National Championships will be held in Albuequerque, NM.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerq...er-sports.html
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #2
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

I am really wondering what the turn out will be when it is out there. I have all ready heard skaters and parents say they will not be attending nationals cause it is to far to commute to, but I hope this is not the case and there is still a good turn out from the East Coast.

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #3
JandKLarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncspeed View Post
I am really wondering what the turn out will be when it is out there. I have all ready heard skaters and parents say they will not be attending nationals cause it is to far to commute to, but I hope this is not the case and there is still a good turn out from the East Coast.
We've been hearing the same thing. It's several hundred miles farther for people from our area to drive than driving to Colorado for Outdoor Nationals. Some parents may choose one over the other. In a discussion on FB, it was suggested that USARS consider going back to a round robin locale for IDN, so that every area in the country has an IDN location, which is what I am told USARS used to do - one year in the NE, one year in the South, one year in South Central, one year in the West, then Midwest etc. with intermittent years in Lincoln. That would be seem to be the fairest. Curious as to why NM got a 2 year contract, which seems unusual. No matter where IDN is, there will always be people who have issues. But 2 years, with the intermittent year back in Lincoln.... Those who want to go, will go. As you said, ncspeed, hopefully there will still be a good turn out from the East Coast.
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #4
Redbeard
Vinland Rollers

Default ^future usars prez material!^

I am curious where I could view the WHOLE schedule (regionals, etc) for 2012.
Not sure if I just didn't see it on the usars site...I get a little dyslectic on the intrawebz.
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #5
Redbeard
Vinland Rollers

....and this is why it's impossible to deal with roller skating on a competitive level.
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #6
JandKLarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
I am curious where I could view the WHOLE schedule (regionals, etc) for 2012.
Not sure if I just didn't see it on the usars site...I get a little dyslectic on the intrawebz.
When they post regionals dates on the USARS website, this is where it will be, and where I have seen regionals dates in the past.

http://usarollersports.org/events/view/list/tag/1153
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #7
kufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncspeed View Post
Ya, we will not be there. Way too far for us to drive and with our dietary problems, not practical to fly.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #8
skategael

WAY back in the day when I was a kid, NTLS alternated between Lincoln & Ft Worth....that was it (at least for a long time, if I'm not mistaken)......"central" to the North & "central" to the South.....the only time I ever made it to NTLS was when it was in Ft. Worth......keep in mind that NTLS was in August.....in Ft Worth.....I can STILL remember how HOT HOT HOT it was (well, at least to us MI folks)......like, 100 degrees in the morning......then Elvis had to go & die......sad to see grown women crying in the heat over Elvis.....just sayin'.....LOL......I already had a freak out thinking about NM in July based on this......I can't handle that much heat anymore......heck, July in Ft Wayne almost pushed me over the edge (lolololol)....not that it was any different in Detroit - I know
not sure if I want to make the drive to Lincoln......still debating.....hubby won't be able to go & not sure I want to drive 12 hours with just my mom & 8 yo daughter by ourselves......thinking, thinking, thinking......
skategael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM   #9
slowlyspeedskating

Default Ft. Worth

One year (forget if it was Regionals or Nats), it reached 107F while there... and the AC in our hotel went out. Good timing! The McD's we escaped to wasn't much cooler, either. We were worried about over-heating before we skated a lap. LOL. It was 100+ every day while we were there, and the heat started early and didn't let up. That's just hot, I don't care where you're visiting from (I lived in Arkansas at the time, already used to summer heat, but there is no getting used to 107F + humidity).
slowlyspeedskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #10
ncspeed
trouble maker :)

Well I have heard that Nira may be going on the same time as nationals NM so for the people in the south and east coast that may give us something else to do.

"anonymous said Sorry, but my outfit would not look right with neon green wheels. "
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote