View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #33
Quadster
Smooth Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
One more question, (for Quadster) and sorry if it's getting old, those hockey quads....what's up with the super-size toe stop. Can you take those out and replace them, do you know?
Those toe stops are completely removable, they just unscrew. They can be replaced with smaller toe stops or jam plugs (if required).

As I said in my first post in this thread, I took off my toe stops on the first day that I started skating, and I've not replaced them with anything ever since. Most good skaters do the same (they don't use jam plugs either) they basically just treat the base plate as if it were an NTS plate. It's usually only beginners and less experienced skaters that use toe stops, and in those cases they tend to cut the toe stops right down to about ⅓ of their original length.

Next week I'm going on my first international skate trip. I'm flying to mainland Europe to skate for a few days with this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JlS1dRgTI (Alex).

I'll also be skating with the Infamous Skating Couple, Brian BFunk, Ralf Jam Boogie and others.

It should be good fun.
Quadster is offline   Reply With Quote