View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2018, 02:43 AM   #9
markwphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
Hi Markwphoto, I was wondering if you'd post your youtube video on Off Skate Leg Training here on the skate log? I keep telling people about it (people that I skate with, we're all older than 40, and most have knee issues). I was actually going to reference a link to it in another thread, but thought that you should be the one to share it, since you put so much time and effort into it. You don't know how much you've helped me.

How long did you do these stretches/exercises before your knees felt better? I've been doing them for 11 days, but the pain in my knees already stopped within the first week. Thank you so much. Thank you.
Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been re-designing and reworking some of my website and it hasn't been a smooth experience. I think I have all the kinks worked out so now I'm trying to play catch up on a lot of other things.

I'm going to create another post about the off skate knee training. I'm glad to hear the tips are working for you! Us in the 40+ club need all the help we can get!

When I first started the exercises it took me a good month before I felt better. Not 100% but better than when I started. After about 3 months I was feeling great with no issues at all.

Now that I'm skating a bit more my knees do great at the beginning of a week but by the end of the week (Thursday) my legs are usually fatigued and I know I've pushed myself too far and too much. My knees are usually a bit sore on Friday so I typically take Friday off from doing anything. Saturday I go back to the exercises and by Monday morning I'm good to go again for another week.

I can't tell how much these exercises have helped me for the better. Even when I'm sore after a day or two of rest I'm typically ok. Also even though my knees may be sore from being over worked, I still have no problems walking or going up and down stairs.
markwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote