View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #19
Poobah

To be perfectly honest, I'm not seeing the prices I'd likely pay to convert these to reverse kingpins to be money well spent. For the same $60ish bucks I could convert and old SA45 plate to DA45 and get all that and more. The biggest problem with the current set-up isn't so much the adjustment and tweaking of them (once I figured it out) it's really just the "putting the plate back together after it's mounted." Generally only needs to be done once or twice, so that's no big deal. And given that it's got the Snyder measuring tool's notch on the plate, I won't be needing the axles on to center it as much, I guess...

The bigger hassle is getting the pivot pin adjusted when there's only one nut on it, but I don't see that going away no matter what I do. Now I know why the DA45 pivot pins adjust the way they do. I'd hate to have to try and screw the ball in/out without something for a wrench to grab onto. Hate to go grab the things with pliers...

So long as I put the right retainer below the bottom cushion could I put conics down there? I put some blue barrels on it (not too tight), and the feel of the action still seems a fair bit stiff. I probably want to oil the pivot pin ball/socket as well. Something like 3-In-1 should do the job?
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote