View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #14
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
The new style Advantage kingpins are a good half inch or so shorter than the regular Snyder stuff. The threads are the same and they'll fit, but there isn't much meat left inside the hanger.

Ask me how I know.

Probably a similar way that occurred here now that I remember...

Boy you can tell my short term memory is getting really weak.. I had my hands on a set of those pins the other day... Sent to replace the 1/2 x 20 P Trac style.. You are referring to the ones with the flat in the middle??

Since it is obviously fresher in your memory dvw, please describe the adjusting end for us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
the atlas doesnt really have a lock nut, it goes against the action (lower nut) and the top screw locks it in place.
Again quite true Rick. There are a few sk8s that have the click action next to the plate and no lock nut I can see..

Some / All of the Boiani plates, the Paioli dance / art plates, the Skater art / figure plates, the Italian Dance WIP and the American Whip (although it was not a click per se, it just had the adjuster nut between the lock nut and the cushion) to name a few besides the ATLAS...

Keep me honest guys. I appreciate it..