View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Scored a pair of Snyder Super Deluxes, I'm replacing the rubber rocks with blue super barrels (per a post I found on one of the boards here). So far, so good. Nothing seems to be cross-threaded, stuck or rusty. The jump bars needs a bit of elbow grease and I probably want to polish 'em up nice with something.

I read the Snyder Owner's Manual on the Sure-Grip site pretty thoroughly. A fair bit of it is kinda marketing fluff. Good info on the mounting process (almost glad I blew the $55 on the marking tool, LOL) and adjusting pivot pins. Sure-Grip really ought to have something like that for distributors and builders to throw in the box with their DA45 plates.

Send 'em an email. Link on the web site..

Do these plates have click action?

Standard Super Deluxe do not.. It is used on the figure plates only..

If so, how do I use it? From taking them apart they seem to simply have a conventional kingpin (that's a little odd-looking), a 3/4" bolt down at the end (also a bit different) and the kingpin screws in/out with a regular hex key.

Conventional Snyder King pin..

Seems odd to me that the almost ridiculously thorough manual talks about click action (which might only be on the Royals/Imperials?) but don't appear to advise the owner on how to actually use it. Nothing has "clicked" as of yet.

Here is the current version on a Royal.. Not stock, I did the mod..

NOTE: Most of the Snyder bits are interchangeable to some degree..

Here is the advert for the OG version.. You can see the indents in the cushion retainer that "click" when the adjuster nut is turned..

Very similar to the Roll Line click action king pin on the rt side..The whole purpose was to make the action easy for figure sk8rs to change adjustments for the different circles without any guess work... For example, click 3 right then click 3 left to go back to where you were....
Unfortunately the Snyder parts to convert are way pricey... It's simpler and cheaper to go to the regular Royal reverse king pin..