View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #18
Gero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
I think that the threads that clarify the different requirements for indoor and outdoor QUAD skating are extremely valuable, especially in light of the fact that for a skate build to be good, it is going to have very different requirements for indoor skating versus outdoor skating.

In fact, I really think it is time to consider having a specifically OUTDOOR SUB-FORUM under the main Quad skating section. Just like there is a Quad Speed sub-forum in the SPEED SKATING FORUM.

Then when we have these threads to pick your FIVE BEST PLATES, BOOTS, WHEELS ..., we would not have to break down the choices as "Indoor Wheels" versus Outdoor wheels" etc...

The regular Quad threads also often get messed up when things flip back an forth from an Indoor perspective to an Outdoor perspective on some issues.

If my patent effort succeeds, within a year there will be cool skateboard shoes that can instantly attach and remove to/from quad plates. They will have long forward mount setups, and still turn just about as easily as short mounts do. With plates removed they will be exactly like a normal shoe. This is going to revive the QUAD outdoor skating scene for sure.

-All the Best, Armadillo
I am totally with you Armadillo, I would love to see an Outdoor Quadskate Subforum here on these pages. I skate to 98% Outdoor and have 4 Sets of Outdoor skates, just 2 further ones for indoor. But in Germany we have just 2 Rinks in total, the biggest one will close at the end of this month. This is the reason why everybody in Germany is skating outdoors.

Kathie, please hear our prays and make it happen!

Cheers

Gero
and skate like nobody's watching.
Gero is offline   Reply With Quote