View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2016, 05:29 AM   #16
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing View Post
Recently I have been bombarded by requests from my roller skating pros to do things I have never done before in my life.

Jackie, a WC freestyle competitor and now my freestyle coach (jumps and spins) asked me to start wearing wrist guards.

So, I went to the grocery store, Ralphs in California and purchased a pair of Copper Fit wrist guards. They are non evasive and provide an alternative to the rather bulky and heavy duty wrist guards that I see many of the women wearing during our morning Koffee Klutch, morning roller skating sessions.

I have also purchased Copper fit, knee socks and angle socks.

Not that it matters, but I have also embarked in a heavy duty vitamin program to increase strength in bones and relieve muscle soreness.

I have also continued jumping off skates to reduce the fall on skates.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and good luck. I'm 61 years old and entered my first competition in 40 years last sunday. It was fun and I got beat by a lady..lol!
For bone strength vitamins (like D) are good, but the mineral magnesium is the most single important nutrient. Roughly 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient and despite most of us consuming excess calcium well beyond what we really need, without magnesium, our bodies cannot properly regulate the deposition of calcium into building strong bones.

Magnesium OXIDE is barely absorbable.

These supplements are better absorbed
Magnesium Citrate
Magnesium Glycinate
Magnesium Malate
Magnesium Gluconate
Magnesium Taurate
Magnesium Aspartate
Magnesium Alginate

Most absorbed form → Magnesium Orotate

Take 400 mg or more daily (the minimum recommended is absurdly low)

-Armadillo

Last edited by Armadillo; November 12th, 2016 at 11:55 AM.
Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote