View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #33
Hyper_Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzen View Post
I'm using the DA45 Skins. I've followed the instructions and found that my 'neutral' point is just 1 full turn on the pivot adjustment. Any longer and the truck doesn't centre over the cushion (Blue barrel / conical, FWIW). I've now cranked down 2 turns. As Rufus found that taking the 2/6ths off to be short, I think I'm going to leave them at this 'neutral' point and give them a skate. Will report back after practice on Monday.
Okay, I'm really new at the adjustable pivot pins and 45 degree trucks, so this might be a very stupid question.

I also have DA45 Skins, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the pivot pins. I just can't seem to get them short enough. When I switched to softer cushions (Am on yellow barrel, blue cone now) and cranked them down a bit (not a whole lot, really) I noticed that the geometry seemed off - the pivot pin pushed the truck up (or down, towards the floor) so that it is not at a right angle with the king pin and cushions. So I added some washers above the barrel cushion to get the angle right.

This sort of works, but I still need to have my pivot pins as short as they can go, and I think they're still pushing in the cups. Also there's not a whole lot of king pin left now, and I'm wondering if this really is the right way to go at it or if I'm making some sort of obvious rookie mistake...